• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 Best Concerts Ever and 3 WORST.

I can't remember what concert tickets cost back then. :lmao:

Musta been cheap as compared to now, I bought my own.

The prices were part of the advertisements. I don't know why I remember certain things.:confused3 But, it there's a numeral involved...I remember it.

Journey
Styx
Neil Diamond

DH says David Bowie was the best concert ever

On which tour, just out of curiosity? I used to be a HUGE fan, though I only saw him once, on his tour for 1. Outside, when he was with Nine Inch Nails.

On which tour, just out of curiosity? I used to be a HUGE fan, though I only saw him once, on his tour for 1. Outside, when he was with Nine Inch Nails.
I have no clue but it was before we met and we met in 1985 I'd say late 70's if I had to guess

Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Aerosmith
Kid Rock

Aerosmith and Kid Rock were my favorite concerts until I saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra last year. DH agrees that it was the best concert we have ever seen. It was amazing. The energy level of the performers was unbelievable!

Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Aerosmith
Kid Rock

Aerosmith and Kid Rock were my favorite concerts until I saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra last year. DH agrees that it was the best concert we have ever seen. It was amazing. The energy level of the performers was unbelievable!

Aerosmith puts on a great show. My DH and I wanted to see TSO this Christmas, but never got around to buying tickets. Next year if they're back, I want to go for sure!

You were at Wembley?! That looked like it had to have been AMAZING. (I've watched the DVD more than a few times. lol) I can't imagine that many people in one place, but universally, even those who were miles from the stage, everyone I've talked to who was there has raved and raved and raved about those shows.

Sure was! I'm in the UK, so Wembley is my nearest big venue. From your sig it looks like you're a big fan too! My DD loves them - all her friends are into Britney, Avril, Miley etc. and she tries to convince them that they should be listening to The Pretender and Long Road to Ruin LOL. And in case you are worried about her moral wellbeing, we had the "Just because Dave Grohl says it doesn't make it clever, doesn't make it smart, doesn't make it right" conversation! Does the DVD have the fireworks going off at the end? Totally awesome!

And whichever David Bowie tour someone voted for, it wasn't the Glass Spider tour. I had the misfortune to buy tickets for two dates on that tour and they were equally rubbish.

U2 - 1985 Unforgettable Fire
U2 - 1987 Joshua Tree
U2 - 1997 Popmart - missed because 1st ds was due week before!
U2 - 2001 Elevation - missed because 2nd ds was due the same week!
*we have crazy U2/baby timing issues!
U2 - 2005 Vertigo
Looking forward to the next tour!

Sure was! I'm in the UK, so Wembley is my nearest big venue. From your sig it looks like you're a big fan too! My DD loves them - all her friends are into Britney, Avril, Miley etc. and she tries to convince them that they should be listening to The Pretender and Long Road to Ruin LOL. And in case you are worried about her moral wellbeing, we had the "Just because Dave Grohl says it doesn't make it clever, doesn't make it smart, doesn't make it right" conversation! Does the DVD have the fireworks going off at the end? Totally awesome!

Yeah, the DVD has the fireworks at the end, and shows how totally overcome by emotion DG was at being able to play a few songs with his idols in front of so many thousands of people. TOTAL "awwwwwwww..." moment. :goodvibes Yeah, I'm definitely a fan, though I just became hardcore recently after seeing them live. A friend took me to shows in Memphis and Nashville, TN, a year ago because she didn't want to drive alone...and that was pretty much all she wrote for me. :teeth: Seven shows later, I'm dying a bit while waiting for them to be done with the hiatus they're on right now.

One of your countrymen (countrywomen? lol) actually came over here for the Vegas gigs this past Sept. ...that's how awesome we were all hoping they'd be. They most certainly did not disappoint.

Elton John/Billy Joel
John Cougar Mellancamp (and I wasnt even that big of a fan)
TSO

The Eagles 2003 tour
Foo Fighters/Red Hot Chili Peppers (touring together back in 2000)
Pearl Jam

I'm jealous of the people who got to see some of my music heroes in their prime. I've been able to see tons of acts over the years, but there are some groups that I wish I could go back in time to see.

My mother saw the Beatles in 1966 when they came to Washington, DC, and I am always jealous. She says it wasn't really that great of a concert because the sound system wasn't very good and you could barely hear the band over the shrieking teenage girls (she being one of them) but she also says she wouldn't trade the experience for the world. She's still got the ticket.

Billy Joel and Elton John - AWESOME!
Elton John
Barry Manilow (just because I like him!)

Fleetwood Mac---Songbird:goodvibes
Heart------------Dreamboat Annie:thumbsup2
Queen-----------Bohemian Rhapsody:banana:

back in the late 70's early 80's:cool1:

The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra performing Mahler's Symphony #10

The London Symphony Orchestra performing Mozart's Horn Concerto #4 and a group of Wagner Overtures

The Miami Philharmonic (RIP) performing Mahler's Symphony #5

The Eagles 2003 tour
Foo Fighters/Red Hot Chili Peppers (touring together back in 2000)
Pearl Jam
I really wanted this concert to ROCK. Instead it was a dud. Unfortunately, when I saw them, it was their final night of the tour. Foo Fighters were the first to perform. They only got to perform like 4 songs because they were more interested in goofing around than performing. At one point, Chad Smith was up in the stage lights, raining Skittles down on Taylor Hawkins. It was a bigger disappointment because we had heard the performance they gave the night before in Philly was Rock the house down, best concert ever. We ended up leaving before the RHCP's even took the stage.

I've been to many great concerts, so I can't name just 3. There were only 2 that I didn't enjoy whatsoever: Tool and Smashing Pumpkins.

September 2007--The concert for VA Tech. John Mayer and Dave Matthews Band. We were 20 rows back on the field. Heaven.

I really wanted this concert to ROCK. Instead it was a dud. Unfortunately, when I saw them, it was their final night of the tour. Foo Fighters were the first to perform. They only got to perform like 4 songs because they were more interested in goofing around than performing. At one point, Chad Smith was up in the stage lights, raining Skittles down on Taylor Hawkins. It was a bigger disappointment because we had heard the performance they gave the night before in Philly was Rock the house down, best concert ever. We ended up leaving before the RHCP's even took the stage.

Actually, that concert made my top 3 because of the Foo Fighters and not because of RHCP. The Foo Fighters kicked so much butt it was unreal. I was not nearly as impressed with RHCP but that was primarily because of Anthony Kiedis. The rest of the band rocked, but the vocals were uninspired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter