3 across seating? - MK rides

vanguardgator

Mouseketeer
Hi. Our family just planned an impromptu trip to Disney World this weekend. I will be taking my kids solo to the Magic Kingdom (they are ages 5 and 6) because my husband will not be with us that part of the visit.

Trying to make a touring plan and I was not sure if there are any rides that will not let us sit 3 across - mainly interested in Big Thunder Mountain and Dumbo/Flying carpets. (I am about 120# and my kids are small.)

I know I am good on Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Teacups, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger and Jungle Cruise, but was not sure about the smaller load vehicles.

My kids top 2 rides they want to go to are Big Thunder Mountain (because it was closed last time) and Dumbo, so I want to be able to set expectations.

I think they may both hit the Space Mountain height this trip, but am guessing it is out b/c I suspect that is a 2 person sitting area.

Any help greatly appreciated. :)

You will be fine on both Dumbo and Big Thunder Mountain, but Space Mountain is single file seating.

Because space is single seats in a row, you could always sit with one kid in front of you and one behind. It wouldn't be any easier with your husband, so if the kids want to do it you might as well. Each seat has it's own lap bar so even though y ou aren't sitting right next to them your kids are secured.

The only ride I can think of in mk that the three of you might not be able to ride together (not sure just because I haven't done it enough to know) is the speedway in tomorrow land. Actually, goofy's barnstormer might be too small too, but on that I would think it would be simple enough to sit one or both kids in front and you and maybe one child in the row directly behind if you won't all fit in one (we've only done goofy's once so it might be ok, just not sure)

You should be fine on Space Mountain even though its single seats its 3 in a rocket you just sit in the back seat

Depending on the maturity of your kids, another option is to let the two of them ride together and you sit behind them. I did that with my sons on Thunder Mtn because the seats were too narrow for the 3 of us in one row (my sons were almost-8 and 4 when I took them by myself; I'm not a Skinny Minnie, but not Pooh-sized, either). We did sit 3 in one row for Splash Mtn. I think on Dumbo, I'd probably let the two of them sit in one seat and you sit behind.

Space Mtn is individual seats, 3 per rocket, so you'd all be in the same rocket, but you wouldn't be able to hold onto either one of them. FWIW, my youngest hit 44" just before his 5th birthday and rode Space Mtn, and I had him sit in front of me. I reached over and touched his shoulder a few times to (I thought) re-assure him in case he was scared. When we pulled into the station, the first thing he said was, "I gotta do that again!" and the second thing he said was, "Why did you keep touching me??" If your kids are like mine, they may not care one whit about sitting with you!

ghtx said:
I will be going with two kids in October. I just asked a similar question to yours about TSM at HS. Here is a website that's helpful, listing which rides may give you trouble trying to fit three together: http://blog.touringplans.com/2011/05/23/avoiding-the-odd-man-out-at-walt-disney-world-2/

Our first time atTSM, we all four sat together. They didn't stop us. They also didn't tell us there are only two game thingies. I didn't really pay attention until it was too late. The second time, we split up. But if you don't care if just the kids play, fitting three is no problem.

disprincessatheart said:
Because space is single seats in a row, you could always sit with one kid in front of you and one behind. It wouldn't be any easier with your husband, so if the kids want to do it you might as well. Each seat has it's own lap bar so even though y ou aren't sitting right next to them your kids are secured.

The only ride I can think of in mk that the three of you might not be able to ride together (not sure just because I haven't done it enough to know) is the speedway in tomorrow land. Actually, goofy's barnstormer might be too small too, but on that I would think it would be simple enough to sit one or both kids in front and you and maybe one child in the row directly behind if you won't all fit in one (we've only done goofy's once so it might be ok, just not sure)

I am in MK alone once a year with my kids without DH. The Speedway was one we could all three do together, but not too fun for the kids with only one getting to drive (I worked the pedal). Now DS is old enough to go alone, so he is happy. I sat behind them on barnstormer. I am average sized but those seats really only fit two.

Trying to make a touring plan and I was not sure if there are any rides that will not let us sit 3 across - mainly interested in Big Thunder Mountain and Dumbo/Flying carpets. (I am about 120# and my kids are small.). My kids top 2 rides they want to go to are Big Thunder Mountain (because it was closed last time) and Dumbo, so I want to be able to set expectations.

No issues with three across for BTMRR, Dumbo or Magic Carpets. We did all three with 3. Dumbo and Magic Carpets, though, are very easily doable with 2 kids alone and you sitting right behind them since the front/back combo controls one ride vehicle. We did them that way as well (my kids are 7 and 4). You don't mention it, but if you're going on Barnstormer, though, the CM will not allow more than 2 together. Still, we did that one with DD7 sitting alone right in front of DS and I. It's tame enough that your kids potentially would be fine together with you behind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter