3/29There's No Crying at the Guest Relations Counter..TheyTook Me Into the Back Room!

appleorchard said:
He didn't really pull out a flask lol. I think I said, no not really, but maybe I'd better go check! He did, however, exit the booth immediately after we left. We did have some unmagical encounters this trip but you know how it is--we make our own magic!

So sorry about reading that wrong. That's what I get for reading trip reports at 2am :)

I know--once I start reading trip reports, I can't stop until I'm done with it--hard with some of these really voluminous reports!

Your title has sucked me in. We were there in Feb and I know DH nearly had a fit at SSR b/c of computer issues and management's attitude (which shouldn't have happened because the issues were ALL on their side!), so we can totally relate to emotions while dealing with CMs!

I never realized how many days J wore red and purple together until I started posting pictures! I don't know what's wrong with our fashion sense, well, I do-- I have none and M is adopted from Korea and still retains some of her inherited color sense!

:rotfl: So true. DH is half Korean and obviously MIL is full, and wowza they sure do put some color combos together! Don't get me wrong, I love red and purple and I love pink and green (our wedding colors) and I got the "Dee-Lite Groovy Dresser" award for my periwinkle dress and rust-colored tights combo my senior year of college, but I probably wouldn't put them ALL together ALL at once. But we have a blanket from Korea that does have all of those colors and more!

A little technical tidbit for you regarding photobucket...when you click on the code and it copies it, it formats it with the "IMG" stuff. So you don't have to click on the photo button on the Dis; you just paste the photobucket stuff right into the trip report. I can tell you're clicking the photo button because there's
flanking each picture. Save time, don't click that button! Just copy from photobucket and paste it right into the dis. :)

Your title has sucked me in. We were there in Feb and I know DH nearly had a fit at SSR b/c of computer issues and management's attitude (which shouldn't have happened because the issues were ALL on their side!), so we can totally relate to emotions while dealing with CMs!

:rotfl: So true. DH is half Korean and obviously MIL is full, and wowza they sure do put some color combos together! Don't get me wrong, I love red and purple and I love pink and green (our wedding colors) and I got the "Dee-Lite Groovy Dresser" award for my periwinkle dress and rust-colored tights combo my senior year of college, but I probably wouldn't put them ALL together ALL at once. But we have a blanket from Korea that does have all of those colors and more!

A little technical tidbit for you regarding photobucket...when you click on the code and it copies it, it formats it with the "IMG" stuff. So you don't have to click on the photo button on the Dis; you just paste the photobucket stuff right into the trip report. I can tell you're clicking the photo button because there's
flanking each picture. Save time, don't click that button! Just copy from photobucket and paste it right into the dis. :)

Wow, thanks for the tip of the photos! Now if I can just master multiple quotes, I'll feel like I'm really getting somewhere! BTW, I've always enjoyed your trip reports and I love your son's name! And you name happens to be the real name of someone closely related to me, too lol.

Yeah, the clothes-- I still bite my tongue sometimes, I don't think you can fight genetics!

Bumbershoot or anyone else--do you know why my apostrophe's keep disappearing?? Every day I put them back and every night they're gone again! As a writer, this drives me nuts!

Bumbershoot or anyone else--do you know why my apostrophe's keep disappearing?? Every day I put them back and every night they're gone again! As a writer, this drives me nuts!

I don't know what makes them disappear, but I discovered that if I go into advanced editing and put them back in, they don't go away again.

(BTW, I'm really enjoying your report!)

That was a funny one for autocorrect! I couldn't remember saying anything about lice lol. The pictures are there, yes, so you're missing them. Maybe I was monkeying around with them when you were reading so they didn't show up?

Still cant bring up pictures. Will try on my work computer in the morning. Cant wait to read more! So nice to know I am not alone in the craziness of it all. Noticed you are going in October. Us also. Doing BLT for the first time. A bit nervous about room request. You will have to advise. Booked 2 BDRM.

Still cant bring up pictures. Will try on my work computer in the morning. Cant wait to read more! So nice to know I am not alone in the craziness of it all. Noticed you are going in October. Us also. Doing BLT for the first time. A bit nervous about room request. You will have to advise. Booked 2 BDRM.

I had issues with pics too yesterday. I tried Google Chrome instead if IE and it worked perfectly

I just found your trip report and have been chuckling to myself the whole time! I love your writing style - so honest! Isn't amazing how people can be so kind at WDW and yet lose that kindness when they are trying to find a seat to watch a parade?!! Love the pic of M blowing kisses to the camera on Test Track - btw did you like the new version? I'm anxious to see it but not sure if I'll like it as well as the original one.

Just finished catching up! I found your report and I am enjoying it a lot! We are going to WDW in May and eating at Be Our Guest is at the top of the list. My DD's are super excited about it. I've read several accounts of long waits so I've told them we'll have to stand in line so no complaining. We'll see how they handle it when we get there.

I'm trying to multi-quote for the first time; let's see how it goes!

I don't know what makes them disappear, but I discovered that if I go into advanced editing and put them back in, they don't go away again.

(BTW, I'm really enjoying your report!)

I'm going to try it! It makes me crazy when my posts look like I don't know how to use punctuation lol

What kind of room category are you getting? We've had lake views both times and both were fine--we don't like to be too high up though!

I just found your trip report and have been chuckling to myself the whole time! I love your writing style - so honest! Isn't amazing how people can be so kind at WDW and yet lose that kindness when they are trying to find a seat to watch a parade?!! Love the pic of M blowing kisses to the camera on Test Track - btw did you like the new version? I'm anxious to see it but not sure if I'll like it as well as the original one.

We liked it a lot--getting rid of the hot, cold and smelly rooms was a great idea-- my grandson absolutely hated all three of those rooms! And the truck coming at you isn't quite as scary now--that scared the pants off him a few years ago too. J loved the car designing thing, I was amazed to see how into she was!

Just finished catching up! I found your report and I am enjoying it a lot! We are going to WDW in May and eating at Be Our Guest is at the top of the list. My DD's are super excited about it. I've read several accounts of long waits so I've told them we'll have to stand in line so no complaining. We'll see how they handle it when we get there.

It really did seem to move relatively fast, but we weren't there in May, when it's hotter! We will be there in May, actually, with my son and his family, and we're having dinner there. I'm really looking forward to it--it's beautiful inside, but don't pick the west wing unless you like it cold!

Hey, it worked!

This was the day we finally got J out of red and purple and into a princess dress. It felt like a major accomplishment.

Kids are so hard to figure out. Last visit, we could hardly get her out of princess dresses and this time it was a struggle to get one over her head. She didn't even want to buy any in the store! Queen M had to bargain hard to get her into her Tangled dress. It was a hard sell, especially since we weren't even going to see Rapunzel that day we thought. Yup, foreshadowing again! Bargaining with J goes like this:

"J, we're going to see Beauty and the Beast today. Wouldn't you really like to wear a princess dress?"

"No, thanks."

She always says this. At least she's polite when refusing to do what we want her to do.

"Please? Just wear it for a little while. We'll bring some other clothes to put if you get tired of wearing it."

"Can I take my Minnie dress?"

This poor dress. It's been to the parks several times and to Chef Mickeys, so its a bit bedraggled, but J is a very neat eater, so it's not covered with anything disgusting.

"Ok, but wouldn't you rather..."

"No thanks."

So she wore the purple Tangled dress. I have to say how sad it makes me to have to put crowns across J's face. She looks adorable in this dress. Other people also think so. A whole gaggle of giggling girls from either Argentina or Brazil each wanted to take their picture with her. I only have a video of them, and I can't post it, because I couldn't cover J with crowns in a video, sadly.

e86d6cff-6378-487d-91cc-72b6bda155c6.jpg

J in her Tangled dress. This bubble-maker is actually taking up valuable space in my Owner's Locker.

This was our first actual bus ride, not counting Magical Express, since we were going to Hollywood Studios. Last visit I was using a scooter, after spending 3 months in non weight-bearing status. I hated it, but M and J loved it. They loved being first onto the bus. I think they would have been very happy to have me fall down somewhere and have to rent one again. That might be why M asked me about my foot so solicitously every night, now that I think about it.

Only three buses come to the Contemporary area, where we BLT people catch the bus: the Animal Kingdom bus, Hollywood Studios and Downtown Disney. So every time a bus pulled up, it had a reasonable chance of being the one we wanted.

Except it never was.

Downtown Disney. Three in a row. Really, who goes to DTD at 8:30 in the morning?

Animal Kingdom.

Some buses with strange markings. We saw these buses every time we were at the bus stop, they never actually stopped, and I have no idea what they were for, even though Queen M asked me every single day.

Animal Kingdom.

Finally, I asked the little clipboard girl you know, the CM at the bus depots who carries around a clipboard and looks at it a lot where our bus might be.

"Here it comes!" she chirped. And she was right. This never fails. The minute I get up my courage to sound like an angry tourist, something happens to make my complaint look trivial.

So we got on the bus. J loves the buses, almost as much as she loves the monorail. She likes to have her own seat, though. It's a huge bone of contention between us.

When the bus is crowded, I think she should sit on one of our laps. She's a tiny little 5-year-old, she's easy to hold and she doesn't need a whole seat.

She doesn't agree with this.

"I want my own seat," she says, giving me the evil eye as soon as the bus starts to get crowded.

Brawn and age usually win out and I end up holding J, who makes it extremely difficult to do so when she's unhappy. M can't hold her because shes hanging on to the all-important stroller. J would actually rather stand, but she's too little to stand unless one of us is. And I'm not giving up MY seat.

Well, that's not true. I often give up my seat. I also offer to hold other people's strollers. I'm just a peach on the bus.

But as soon as the bus stops at Hollywood Studios, its GAME ON. All my niceness goes right out the window. We have a ride to ride, and I'm ready to MOVE.

Except that right now J has to go to the bathroom. Sigh. Queen M goes to take her and I tell her I'll go get fastpasses for TSM so we can hopefully ride twice. This isn't easily accomplished, because J wants me to take her to the bathroom, not M.

I am J's go-to bathroom person, not just in Disney, but also at home whenever we go out, which is often. It's because I let her go in her own stall instead of in with me. I then try to use the bathroom myself in the next stall while constantly leaning over and staring at J's shoes and simultaneously yelling at her not to leave the stall when she's done but to wait for me to come out first.

If you think this is easy, you haven't tried it. Or you're not as old as I am. Or you've done more yoga in your time.

In the next chapter, maybe we'll actually get something done lol. It was a long day and a really good one for all of us.

Next chapter

Great new chapter. Proud of you conquering all this technical stuff:thumbsup2

I am probably around your age, but no grandkids yet, although I recently became a grandparent to a puppy, which I puppy sit for on weekends. I now fully understand the joy of having them for a short time and then glad to give them back.....

Thoroughly enjoying your report, but if I could ask for one more technical advance? Could you add in your title when you post a new chapter please?

Thanks, and great job again.

PS: 20 or so years ago I read a Dummies book for Foxpro (does that even exist anymore?). It was a great read and tought me stuff to boot, loved it!
What subjects do you cover?

You've got me HOOKED!!!!

Yay! I live to hook people, especially fellow DVCers.

Great new chapter. Proud of you conquering all this technical stuff:thumbsup2

I am probably around your age, but no grandkids yet, although I recently became a grandparent to a puppy, which I puppy sit for on weekends. I now fully understand the joy of having them for a short time and then glad to give them back.....

Thoroughly enjoying your report, but if I could ask for one more technical advance? Could you add in your title when you post a new chapter please?

Thanks, and great job again.

PS: 20 or so years ago I read a Dummies book for Foxpro (does that even exist anymore?). It was a great read and tought me stuff to boot, loved it!
What subjects do you cover?

Oops--forgot to highlight the new chapter! I write medical titles, including, so far: Fertility FD(that's author shortcut for For Dummies,) Infertility, Breastfeeding, Endometriosis, Osteoporosis, Healthy Aging, Dad's Guide to Pregnancy and Birth Plans.

Oops--forgot to highlight the new chapter! I write medical titles, including, so far: Fertility FD(that's author shortcut for For Dummies,) Infertility, Breastfeeding, Endometriosis, Osteoporosis, Healthy Aging, Dad's Guide to Pregnancy and Birth Plans.

Thanks, those might actually come in handy for my daughter someday

This was a nostalgic day for me. I got to ride past my favorite resort in the world on a boat.

That would be the Boardwalk. Sigh. I love the Boardwalk and M, J and I are actually staying there in October. DH and I almost always stay there. But in May with our son and family were staying at AKL because my 8 year old granddaughter LOVES animals.

Thats another whole story, about how we were just going to take the kids because my son said he was burned out on Disney. But now theyre joining us for all but two days. Its involved much scrambling for points and re-arranging for the 2 bedroom, but its all good.

So, back to Hollywood Studios.

I like a lot of the rides here, but find it very difficult to get everything done here. So many of the shows run on schedules rather than as continuous-loading rides, and all the showtimes seem to contradict each other.

This isnt a park M is warm and fuzzy about either; shes lukewarm on TSM  I know, the horror!  and just about everything else except maybe Ariel and Beauty and the Beast. So youd think we would have made that a high priority, right?

Just wait.

We got on TSM within 20 minutes in the standby line and got fastpasses too. I could do TSM all day; it just makes me smile, although I dont know why. It also makes my hand hurt for the rest of the day.

Since we had time to kill, we hightailed it to Ariel to get that out of the way. My sentiments, not M and Js. They like this show much more than I do. And yet, M always complains about the singing. J doesnt really like the water coming out of the ceiling and could do without Ursula too. And I just sit through it for them. Actually, I like the singing. And Eric is usually pretty cute. It makes the time pass.

By the time that was over, it was basically time, in my opinion, to go get in line for Beauty and the Beast. I love this show, and it fills up fast, and Id rather get there early and sit awhile for a good seat. But no, first we have to get popcorn from the stand by Ariel, because thats a new tradition that we did once before.

It wasnt open yet.

So M decided to look for a DSA in the area before the show. And by the time she did that, and got back, guess what?

The popcorn stand was open.

Despite my warnings about getting to B&B early, Queen M bowed to Princess Js royal demands and we got in line for popcorn.

Except it wasnt finished popping yet.

So we waited, and I keep looking at my watch. The steam coming out of my ears could have popped the corn all by itself; we should have just asked for the kernels to go.

Finally we had popcorn in hand and headed towards B&B. Me in front, speed-walking. M and J munching on popcorn and thinking I was a maniac.

When we got there, the entire theater was full. We were directed to the seats added like an afterthought at the top. Theres no shade over the area, and it was getting hot.

M thought we should muscle our way down to the lower level and try and force people to make some room. I thought I should give her dirty looks for making us late and mutter at my shoes about how criminal this was.

We didnt move. We watched the show from there. At one point, J wanted to leave because she was hot, but the withering look I gave M was enough to encourage her to tell J that we couldnt leave. There was no way grandma was going to disturb everyone in the bleachers climbing over all the other exiles up in purgatory with us.

It wasnt the best time any of us ever had watching B&B.

Theres no point in holding grudges, though, so we all got over it and moved on. To lunch. We ate in one of those nameless places in DHS that looks unfinished. I know thats the general idea, but I find them somewhat depressing.

Whatever we had to eat didnt make a major impression, so it must have been fairly innocuous. We were somewhere over by the Muppets, which I have an inordinate amount of trouble finding, most of the time. J enjoyed it; M didnt remember any of it from seeing it when she was 8.

I told M about the playground in DHS, and J was all over the idea of going there. From the beginning, M was uneasy about this playground. We should have listened to her intuition a few days later, but we'll get there in due time.

M just couldn't relax in there, and I couldn't either. It was so hard to keep track of J, and it was so enclosed, we both felt claustrophobic. So we left, after taking some cute pictures, which photobucket just will not resize properly to post.

J refused to go on Star Tours, which we took her on last time. Also Tower of Terror. What a mistake that was, by the way. Somehow, enough time passed that it was time for the parade. So we decided to stay and watch it.

M disappeared to the DSA while we were waiting for the parade, and a huge group of girls from somewhere in South America were really taken with J and took a million pictures with her. They were very polite, well-behaved and quite sweet.

J loved the parade, because she always does, and everyone around us really enjoyed her enjoyment. I know every grandparent thinks this, but J really does grab peoples attention. Its not just that shes cute or that M always does her hair in adorable styles. Its that she has such an infectious appreciation and zest for life; it makes her stand out in the crowd.

P1030288.jpg

OK, brag over.

At this point, I must confess my secret plan. I didnt tell it to M ahead of time, because I thought shes veto it. But I really, really, really wanted to take the boat from DHS to Epcot so I could show it to M and walk through the back entrance into Epcot. Everyone has something that says Disney to them, and that walk is it for me.

And spending time in the countries, which we dont do enough of either. And the movie in France, but I knew that would never fly. Or the American Adventure, either. Ms opinion of that was about the same as her opinion of CoP. Young people have no taste.

So I said,

Boy, I hate to get back on the bus with the stroller.

I know M hates riding the bus so this was a good gambit.

Why dont we take the boat over to Epcot? We can try and see some princesses in the countries before our dinner at Garden Grill instead of going all the way back to BLT and then coming back in an hour or two.

M bit, so we walked down to the boat dock. I cant tell you how happy that walk made me. I could at least glimpse the Boardwalk and talk it up to Queen M.

Which I did, probably to excess. I told her about the bridge and getting off at the Swolphin and walking to BW to save time. I told her about how people take wedding pictures in the little pavilion. I told her about the street performers and the chairs in the Boardwalk lobby, and the walk to Epcot, and about the clown pool.

Im lucky I didnt turn her off ever staying there with my travel monologue.
Eventuallyand Im sure it seemed like forever to Queen M, who had to listen to me  we reached my beloved back entrance. And walked right into a huge and wonderful surprise.

Next chapter

And.... what a tease! Cant wait to hear the surprise. Was it Peter pan? He was waiting there at my favorite walk way too the last time we went. Sure we aren't related?! I feel we were on the same trip with the same KIDS!

I was intrigued with your title to I started reading your tr...I love it! I am now excited waiting to see what your surprise was! Oh and my dd had a Moo Moo, so I can totally relate to Lamby...LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter