3,298 miles, 10 breweries, and 1 Mega Meet - a July '16 Trip Report *New 6/5/17 - Link to new TR!*

That sandwich does look huge! I'm glad this meal was a hit for everyone. L'Artisan Des Glacces is one place I really need to try in the future, those croque glaces always sound amazing. And I have never heard of the Ice Cream Martini before this, but wow does that sound wonderful (I love Grand Marnier). I love the gif of the CM just pouring it on!

Popsicle time on the balcony, sounds like a good time to me! :)

I got the Dinde BLT - which is the sandwhich on the left and has Turkey, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Garlic Aioli. This was really good and huge (as this picture of Peter illustrates)
Holy crap, that's a big sandwich! I'm glad to see such a good review. I've never taken the time to try it out, but it looks like a good option.

It felt like a ton for the money too as it is two huge scoops of ice cream and she just kept pouring Grand Marnier (and it was the real stuff) over the op until she couldn't fit anymore. It also made for one of my favoirte gifs I have ever made
I like it!

This ride is always one of our favorites - love the different scenes and different technologies used and just love that it is inside the "giant golf ball".
::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

From reading the comments, I don't think I was the only one wow'd by that sand which size! It almost looks like a camera trick! I love that you love that your favorite gif is someone pouring never ending alcohol on top of ice cream. :drinking1

Wow, your visit to L'artisan sounds divine, between the ice cream and the drinks and just everything - yum!! your lunch looks great too ;) funny, in France I remember ordering Aria a croque monsieur and she also wouldn't touch it! (And I don't like ham and thought it was delicious!).

I thought I commented before, but I wanted to mention that I never knew the Pixar shorts thing was a 3d movie type thing. I thought it was just a reshowing of the same shorts you can find online/hulu or wherever they are (Netflix maybe?). I'll have to check that out next trip!

Love the balcony time with ice cream bars!!

Your lunch at Les Halles looked really good. You can't go wrong in France! Epcot has so many excellent choices, it's hard to choose. I kind of wish a few of those places would move over to the other parks!

That Ice Cream Martini has me drooling here and wondering how I can recreate it!

For July, the park doesn't look very crowded at all.

I agree that there are a lot of great choices for food in EPCOT - and totally agree that it would be nice if they spread the wealth more - especially with regards to having good, somewhat unique quick service options

Yeah, i could go for one of those ice cream martinis about now!

The parks really worked that bad that week - certainly not nearly as crowded as I feared!

Les Halles is great, but I've never tried it for a meal. My family all have a sweet tooth, so we end up going here at least once to get pastries. Like you, I've seen many reviews in trip reports and they have some really good options for lunch. Definitely something I would like to try.

Another place I need to visit. Especially for that Croque Glace. There's just so many options in World Showcase, it's hard to fit it all in!

Les Halles was never something I had thought of until I saw it in another TR and so I had it as an option for something different and knew we wanted to do le Artisan at some point anyway - that's become a "must do" for us!

What? Clearly that guard didn't have kids and understand that's sort of the number one thing NOT to do as a parent.

That was a brilliant plan. I ushered Alex over and told him about it, because I think that's something I'm going to utilize when we eventually make it back to WDW.

I'm glad to hear that as an overall dark ride, it was really good. But I defintely agree with you. The placement was all wrong.

Definitely!

Music to a DISers ears!

Ugh, and it's so dark!

I know! I was surprised how casual he was like "leave the kids here" ... I guess maybe they do it all the time but it was just too far for us to not stay with the kids. I am all for more security just could have been handled better or let us take the stroller right next to the metal detector or something

As long as you can head out ~10 mins before the park opens the plan usually works b/c even if they let the regular crowds in a bit early they still have to physically make it back to Norway

I do appreciate they tried to put in as many Norwegian touches as possible with the architecture, etc. - but yeah, not ideal to be there but not the end of the world either

That's a great value. I could tell the portions were big, but when I saw the picture of Peter holding up the sandwich I was kind of surprised by how large the food really was. I think that's a hidden gem in the WS!

Oh my goodness! That sounds AMAZING. Oh man. This just shot to the number one spot on my list of desserts to try at Disney. I just messaged my mother that description with the comment, "We need this in our lives." :rotfl2:
And that gif...that is hilarious. She just kept going with the booze!

I love how all the kids enjoyed the balcony time. I find that it can be little things like a balcony view that can make a trip extra special. (The stuff you could never predict to be entertaining.)

I was surprised too at the portions - definitely sharing size so for a relatively reasonably priced meal I think it is a good options. Plus sometimes you just want a sandwhich and a salad and this is unique enough to not feel like a corner deli or anything

yes - you definitely need it in your lives!

that's what it felt like! That she just kept pouring - and like two or three times she paused .... and then poured more!

Really loving your review! We love Las Halles and L'Artisan Des Glacces, but have never had the Ice Cream Martini - BUT OMG! Adding to my list for May now! Wowzers

That was our first time getting the martini as well. We had seen it on the list our previous trip but it was the sandwhiches we were set on trying but this time we opted to do one of each ... best call ever!

That Ice Cream Martini sounds amazing. I'll have to keep it in mind for my next trip (although I don't think I've ever actually had a drink at Epcot ... I'm super lame).

Spaceship Earth is always fun - it's one of those rides that's good for everyone.
I love how big of a deal balcony time is ... who knew a balcony could be so much fun? (Although ... very understandable with that view)

I don't think I've ever gone to EPCOT and not had a drink :rotfl2:

The ice cream martini was really good - and while you definitely tasted the alcohol with all the ice cream it wasn't overwhelming at all

Spaceship Earth is definitely one of our favoirtes - and one of those that just screams Disney (or, really, EPCOT) to me

I had never been to Les Halles until this January either. Your food choices look good. I love sorbet in France, that's a must do for me every trip. When I am 21 I will be getting an Ice Cream Martini.

Popsicles on the balcony! That's the life right there!

I think Les Halles might be one of those hidden gems - but there are so many good food options in EPCOT

seriously, the kids have it pretty good ;)

That sandwich does look huge! I'm glad this meal was a hit for everyone. L'Artisan Des Glacces is one place I really need to try in the future, those croque glaces always sound amazing. And I have never heard of the Ice Cream Martini before this, but wow does that sound wonderful (I love Grand Marnier). I love the gif of the CM just pouring it on!

Popsicle time on the balcony, sounds like a good time to me! :)

We love L'Artisan - ice cream alone is really good but we love the unique options they have with the groque glaces and stuff. The martini was new to use but we loved it - really hit the spot on a hot day!

Holy crap, that's a big sandwich! I'm glad to see such a good review. I've never taken the time to try it out, but it looks like a good option.

I like it!

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Les Halles is a good option when you want something a little different but at the same time is just sandwiches and salads and stuff - nothing super crazy

:thumbsup2

From reading the comments, I don't think I was the only one wow'd by that sand which size! It almost looks like a camera trick! I love that you love that your favorite gif is someone pouring never ending alcohol on top of ice cream. :drinking1

The sandwich was funny in that it looked like a decent size in the case but when we got it and actually started eating it we realized how big it was - definitely worked out sharing!

"never ending alcohol on top of ice cream" - would be a good name for my autobiography ;)

Wow, your visit to L'artisan sounds divine, between the ice cream and the drinks and just everything - yum!! your lunch looks great too ;) funny, in France I remember ordering Aria a croque monsieur and she also wouldn't touch it! (And I don't like ham and thought it was delicious!).

I thought I commented before, but I wanted to mention that I never knew the Pixar shorts thing was a 3d movie type thing. I thought it was just a reshowing of the same shorts you can find online/hulu or wherever they are (Netflix maybe?). I'll have to check that out next trip!

Love the balcony time with ice cream bars!!

We actually had the same thing in that the kids didn't really eat much of the croque monsieur - I think I had more of that and peter had more of that other sandwich

Yes! The shorts are all in 3D and there are a few 4D effects (water spray, air blowing, etc) - not too many, but a few. It was fun and cute and got us out of the heat and was just something new

Mini Life update

Hope everyone is doing well - we are in the middle of the first real snowstorm of the year (they just upped the expected totals to 10-18")

Apologies for being a bit slow with updates as life has gotten a bit busy - but I will do the best I can to keep some semi-regular updates coming!

One bit of news, which you may have noticed due to a 2nd ticker in my signature, is that Judi and I are registered for the DIS group trip for the Viking cruise around Italy at the end of March 2018. We are super excited that the dates work out (the kids will be out of school and will go to camp Nana-and-Grandpas) and we will use this trip to celebrate our 15th anniversary.

To date we have only done a mini 2-day cruise in our lives ... and then next year within about 6 weeks we will have our Disney cruise in the Caribbean and then the Cruise around Italy. If anyone has idea son things we need to see while there, please let us know!

Ok, back to our semi-regularly scheduled trip report!

Part 63: At Disney - Day 6: EPCOT
Frozen Ever After-er and Snow White M&G

After a nice break we were back at EPCOT - got there about 4:45pm for our evening session. First up was using our scheduled FP+ for Frozen Ever After - as we could only book our FP+ 30 days out I was happy to get a FP+ at all but it was only afternoon slots available. So we planned our break around being back in time for this - and at this point the FP+ window was already open so we headed right there ....

.... well, first one picture of the fountain and SSE to prove where we were

01_SSE%20and%20Fountain.jpg

This time we would be using the FP+ entrance and actually wound up with a slightly longer wait than we did this morning using the standby line - but still only about 10-15 minutes so definitely not complaining! (sorry for the smudge in the pictures - didn't realize I had a finger print on the lens until too late). Oh, you might notice that scarf around Olivia's neck. that is one of the cooling cloths we had gotten for the trip and they were in heavy use this day. While they didn't negate the heat - they definitely helped for a bit!

02_FAE%20entrance.jpg
03_Olivia%20by%20sign.jpg

One thing I found in photographing this ride is you catch the animatronics looking like they are staring into your soul (first pic) or a bit, um, stoned at times (2nd pic)

04_Olaf%20and%20Sven.jpg
05_Elsa%20AA.jpg

So I think video/gifs might be a bit better

FAE%20Anna%20Kristoff%20Sven.gif
FAE%20Marshmallow.gif

and then our ride photo - Olivia seems to be loving life and Peter looks scared ... so the usual

06_ride%20photo.jpg

We spent a little more time in the gift shop/dump store looking at the Frozen merchandise and picking out a few. Emma really was attached to these little carry case doll sets so we got her both anna and elsa ones as her gift. The CMs here again were great as one spent a good amount of time entertaining the kids with some "sword" tricks

07_Norway%20CM.jpg

After this, our plan was to meet Snow White in the Germany Pavilion - that is one of our traditions since Olivia was born so wanted to keep it up. When we got there they had closed the line for that session but there was still one more set that day so we just indicated we would wait and be first for the next one.

While Judi waited with the kids I went off to get a snack - stopping at Karamell-Kuche ... man, does that place have an intoxicating smell when you walk in!

08_KK%20sign.jpg
09_KK%20treats.jpg

I also stopped at the stand in Germante for a couple of beers from Germany as that is another tradition of ours ... especially to pick up the grapefruit beer (the other is an Oktoberfest)

10_beers.jpg

While I was doing this, Judi and the kids had a bit of excitement. It turns out the previous M&G session ended a bit quicker than expected and the CM there said since Judi and the kids were just waiting patiently and hadn't tried to get into the last set or anything (basically, because they were behaving) he let them in before Snow White took her break. The good part of this is that it saved some time - the bad part is Judi was not quite prepared so she quickly got herself and the girls into their outfits for the meet. Emma didn't respond well to the rushing of this so wasn't in the best of moods for the meet - made for some sad/cute photos

11_Girls%20walking%20to%20SW.jpg
12_girls%20with%20SW%20signing.jpg
13_Posing%20with%20SW%20Emma%20away.jpg

Did get one good show of just Judi and Olivia with Snow

14_nice%20one%20with%20SW.jpg

The other bad thing was that I totally missed the meet & greet. Oh well. I did return with our treats to enjoy together - some caramel popcorn, a caramel apple oatmeal cookie, and a salted caramel chocolate. The good part was everyone liked different things (the cookie was my favorite) the best so sharing worked out really well.

15_popcorn.jpg
16_cookie%20and%20chocolate.jpg

Coming up, an American Adventure and adventures in shopping in France

Part 64: At Disney - Day 6: EPCOT
It truly is an American Adventure

After that excitement we still had a bit of time before our dinner ADR so we decided to do something we had never done before - the American Adventure at the American Pavilion

First, a few minutes watching the model trains

01_kids%20watching%20trains.jpg
Kids%20with%20trains.gif

We then made our way over to the American Pavilion. and discovered we had a little time to kill before the next showing
05_American%20Adventure%20sign.jpg

So made a quick stop at Block & Hans .... gotta keep cool in this heat! ;)

03_Block%20and%20Hans.jpg
04_Sea%20Dog%20beer.jpg

They let us inside a bit earlier than expected (to wait inside, not all the way into the theater) but you can't bring drinks in so I had to finish the beer a bit quicker than expected - oh well

This was actually our first time seeing the show - I tend to get chocked up about patriotic themes (I mean, those commercials that feature a military person surprising his or her family with a return earlier than expected basically make me cry my eyes out) so I definitely loved it. I think everyone else liked it - though perhaps not as much as me. From a technical standpoint I thought the animatronics were great - with the scene where the Ben Franklin one actually walks being my favorite

Also, when they have the part where they show the faces of a number of famous Americans the only person Olivia names was Walt Disney ... so clearly I am raising her well :D

06_Ben%20and%20Twain.jpg
07_Teddy.jpg
08_with%20torch.jpg

American%20Adventure.gif

After the show we still had a bit of time before dinner so we decided to do some shopping for gifts for Judi's parents who were watching our dogs and one of Judi's friends who was periodically stopping by to check on our cat. First we went to Mitsukoshi in the Japan pavilion to look for gives/try to keep the kids form touching too much. Eventually we found one really neat gift I thought - which was one of the Japanese fans that you can get a name written on in Japanese lettering. I forget the exact price but it was pretty reasonable.

09_Mitsukoshi%20entrance.jpg

While Judi stayed there while they finished up the fan, I headed to France (o forgot how long the walk form Japan to France is) - and the wine store there to be specific. For Judi's mom and then our friend who was watching the cat, I got a bottle of wine and an EPCOT glass. The bottle had a neat topper to it and the glass was really cool - might be hard to tell in the photo but the image going around is architectural symbols of each pavilion and then in their reflection below them is an appropriate drinking vessel (wine glass, beer mug, etc.)

10_Les%20Vins%20de%20France.jpg
11_wine%20and%20glass.jpg

Once done with this task it was time to head to dinner - which would be another "new to us" place

TTFN

Enjoy your big snow! All the New England pics I've seen are SO snowy,

I can tell from Olivia's face how hot it was-- glad you had those towels! The girls look so cute in their Snow White dresses, even if Emma was not thrilled. My kids could watch those trains ALL. DAY. LONG. They need to put a beer cart and tables right next to them for the parents:rotfl2: :drinking1 We have never seen American Adventure, either, but I'm like you about patriotic things. Anything that celebrates the spirit of American and I'm a big boo-hoo-ing baby! We also want to checkout the Visa lounge in that area, so I really need to plan for it!

Hi! I just wanted to say I'm loving your trip report so much! It's one of the best I've read in a long, long while (I tend to head over here right before a trip, and I have one with just me and DD in a month). I also forget how different it is with strollers and diapers and all (first trip for all four of us my kids were 2 and 4, but I've been taking them alone since they were 4 and 6, as hubby isn't always able to take off or isn't too into the Disney thing as much anymore).

What an adventure - I don't know if I could keep up with you! My daughter has a medical condition, and although she is up at 5 for school daily, we use our Disney trips to let her sleep in late. Only once a trip to we make rope drop at best, often it's late morning or afternoon!

One thing I love is the dining reviews. Others we know who don't know Disney (extended family) have no idea when we get excited for all the wonderful dining options. I swear they think theme park burger and fries. Oh, no, very much no! We have brunch at the California Grill booked for her 18th birthday! Unlimited mimosas, yes, please.

Emma didn't respond well to the rushing of this so wasn't in the best of moods for the meet - made for some sad/cute photos
Poor thing. HERE PUT ON THIS POLYESTER DRESS REAL FAST!

THIS IS SO FUNNY. I laughed out loud. I see this in a future yearbook or embarrassing slideshow.

That is so awesome that they gave you guys a little magic and let the girls in on the previous set. Pays to be decent human beings sometimes!!! (Not that y'all ever wouldn't be, but some people aren't...)

So made a quick stop at Block & Hans .... gotta keep cool in this heat! ;)
But of course :thumbsup2 It would be irresponsible not to!

I mean, those commercials that feature a military person surprising his or her family with a return earlier than expected basically make me cry my eyes out
Um, yeah, that Toys R Us one from this Christmas season where the MOM comes home and surprises the kid with the RC vehicle... :sad:

Looks like a fun (if very hot) afternoon!

Its been a very light here in Wisconsin in terms of snow. I have been there and done that with the 10-18 inches before. Good luck!

So exciting to have not one but TWO cruises planned! So jealous of that Italy cruise. Some day I will make it to Europe whether it be a cruise or just a trip.

Love the girls all dressed up!

Believe or not I have never done the American Adventure. It is on the top of my list for 2018 though as well as maybe a Disneyland trip...

I hope you guys survived the snow okay! We ended up with a little over a foot, which wasn't too terrible, but probably wasn't much fun to shovel (thankfully, I got out of shoveling duty).

I love the Snow White pictures ... even if Emma is a little bit not interested. And the treats from Karamell-Kuche look great! (Because let's all admit it, the food is what matters most)

I've never done American Adventure either. And my dad's an American History teach, so you'd think I would. I just never wanted to spend time on it. Maybe I'll get there eventually.

Stupid snowstorm!! Hope you guys made out ok.

You can see from Olivia's face how it was!

Love the gifs from the ride!

Gotta love the pixie dust, but it does stink that it messed up your plans a little and that you missed out on the meet!

I love that Epcot wine glass, will need to look out for that in the future!

One bit of news, which you may have noticed due to a 2nd ticker in my signature, is that Judi and I are registered for the DIS group trip for the Viking cruise around Italy at the end of March 2018. We are super excited that the dates work out (the kids will be out of school and will go to camp Nana-and-Grandpas) and we will use this trip to celebrate our 15th anniversary
That really sounds like a fun trip. Italy is near the top of the bucket list of places I want to visit so this cruise around it seeing various parts of the country just sounds amazing. I'm glad it worked out so that you can go.

Olivia seems to be loving life and Peter looks scared ... so the usual
And there you are taking pictures or making gifs... so yeah, the usual! :rotfl2:

While I was doing this, Judi and the kids had a bit of excitement. It turns out the previous M&G session ended a bit quicker than expected and the CM there said since Judi and the kids were just waiting patiently and hadn't tried to get into the last set or anything (basically, because they were behaving) he let them in before Snow White took her break. The good part of this is that it saved some time - the bad part is Judi was not quite prepared so she quickly got herself and the girls into their outfits for the meet. Emma didn't respond well to the rushing of this so wasn't in the best of moods for the meet - made for some sad/cute photos
Cool! I'm glad that they were able to meet her, even if Emma wasn't thrilled about it. You never know how one that age will react even if you have plenty of time to get ready, so I'd count that as a win.

The other bad thing was that I totally missed the meet & greet. Oh well.
At least you had beer and snacks. And there were pictures.

This was actually our first time seeing the show - I tend to get chocked up about patriotic themes (I mean, those commercials that feature a military person surprising his or her family with a return earlier than expected basically make me cry my eyes out) so I definitely loved it. I think everyone else liked it - though perhaps not as much as me. From a technical standpoint I thought the animatronics were great - with the scene where the Ben Franklin one actually walks being my favorite
I absolutely love this show. I'm glad you finally got to see it!

Your cruises next year are going to be SO much fun!! I can't wait to hear all about them. We have spent time in Rome, Sorrento, Siena/Tuscany/Volterra, Florence, Lake Como and venice. Lake Como as I have mentioned about 1 gazillion times is my favorite place in the world <3

After a nice break we were back at EPCOT - got there about 4:45pm for our evening session. First up was using our scheduled FP+ for Frozen Ever After - as we could only book our FP+ 30 days out I was happy to get a FP+ at all but it was only afternoon slots available. So we planned our break around being back in time for this - and at this point the FP+ window was already open so we headed right there ....

That is awesome that you even got that FP, I must say!

Olivia names was Walt Disney ...

I had a proud parent moment at One Man's Dream in December when Aria excitedly pointed out Walt Disney in one of the pictures. :)

That is a cute meet with Snow White, but too bad you missed it AND they weren't quite ready so Emma had to rush! Poor thing! They looked so cute though and so nice to have a tradition like that. Awesome treats you picked up, man that cookie looks amazing!

Enjoy your big snow! All the New England pics I've seen are SO snowy,

I can tell from Olivia's face how hot it was-- glad you had those towels! The girls look so cute in their Snow White dresses, even if Emma was not thrilled. My kids could watch those trains ALL. DAY. LONG. They need to put a beer cart and tables right next to them for the parents:rotfl2: :drinking1 We have never seen American Adventure, either, but I'm like you about patriotic things. Anything that celebrates the spirit of American and I'm a big boo-hoo-ing baby! We also want to checkout the Visa lounge in that area, so I really need to plan for it!

Thanks! We wound up with about 14" - and getting a few more today ... we really haven't had much this year so can't complain. It does look pretty - from inside while drinking coffee at least ;)

Snow White was the first princess Olivia seemed to really be excited to meet during her first trip (when she was 8 months old) so we have snow white dresses for just about ever age at this point and that is one "must do" meet for us

Haha - that would be great if they came by with beer like at a baseball game or something to the train viewing area!

I definitely think it is worth viewing the American Adventure at least once - the animatronics are really well done and definitely makes you appreciate the country and how it has evolved over the years

Hi! I just wanted to say I'm loving your trip report so much! It's one of the best I've read in a long, long while (I tend to head over here right before a trip, and I have one with just me and DD in a month). I also forget how different it is with strollers and diapers and all (first trip for all four of us my kids were 2 and 4, but I've been taking them alone since they were 4 and 6, as hubby isn't always able to take off or isn't too into the Disney thing as much anymore).

What an adventure - I don't know if I could keep up with you! My daughter has a medical condition, and although she is up at 5 for school daily, we use our Disney trips to let her sleep in late. Only once a trip to we make rope drop at best, often it's late morning or afternoon!

One thing I love is the dining reviews. Others we know who don't know Disney (extended family) have no idea when we get excited for all the wonderful dining options. I swear they think theme park burger and fries. Oh, no, very much no! We have brunch at the California Grill booked for her 18th birthday! Unlimited mimosas, yes, please.

:welcome: and thank you so much for your kind comments - it means a lot to me!

We usually try to have some rest days - though this trip it turned into more rest-during-the-middle-of-the-days with the heat figured it was best to do mornings and evenings. We usually are up around 6:30 so it was sort of the same while on vacation - at least I am more motivated when it is to get to Disney rather than to get to Work ;)

I know that for different people there are different aspects of Disney that are important for them - I know some that don't care about the food and just to the basics or bring food in, etc. - but to us, eating out is part of vacation so we do a lot of research or where to eat and love the variety they have (for the most part) at Disney - just sometimes have to seek it out a bit. And plan a bit - if you wait until you are hungry it might be just a burger place that is near you

That's awesome that you have taken your kids for so many years and now get to celebrate your daughter's 18th birthday. happy Birthday to her!

Poor thing. HERE PUT ON THIS POLYESTER DRESS REAL FAST!

THIS IS SO FUNNY. I laughed out loud. I see this in a future yearbook or embarrassing slideshow.

That is so awesome that they gave you guys a little magic and let the girls in on the previous set. Pays to be decent human beings sometimes!!! (Not that y'all ever wouldn't be, but some people aren't...)

But of course :thumbsup2 It would be irresponsible not to!

Um, yeah, that Toys R Us one from this Christmas season where the MOM comes home and surprises the kid with the RC vehicle... :sad:

Looks like a fun (if very hot) afternoon!

haha - yeah, exactly ... definitely take a bit of the fun out of it with the added stress of getting ready quick - but at least we got some, um, memorable photos out of it! ;)

It is nice it worked out and we didn't have to wait longer in the heat - maybe just experience and we know how the sets work and stuff so we understood we might have to wait and were fine with it - but yeah, I am sure not everyone would react the same way

that commercial definitely!

Its been a very light here in Wisconsin in terms of snow. I have been there and done that with the 10-18 inches before. Good luck!

So exciting to have not one but TWO cruises planned! So jealous of that Italy cruise. Some day I will make it to Europe whether it be a cruise or just a trip.

Love the girls all dressed up!

Believe or not I have never done the American Adventure. It is on the top of my list for 2018 though as well as maybe a Disneyland trip...

Thanks! we've had a pretty mild winter so far - at least as far as snow fall (it's been cold a bit, but little snow) - we wound up with about 14" and are getting a few more today

It's funny how we've gone from never really having cruised to now having two big ones planned within about 6 weeks of each other! We didn't do a lot of exotic traveling as a kid - mostly was around visiting relatives and then exploring a bit of that part of the country) so I hadn't been to Europe or the Caribbean or anything until I went on my own. Now I get to Europe at least once a year for work which is nice.

Thanks! We've cut back a bit on how much we get the girls dressed up but still do it for Snow White.

Definitely think it is worth it to see the American Adventure at least once - and a Disneyland trip would be great!

I hope you guys survived the snow okay! We ended up with a little over a foot, which wasn't too terrible, but probably wasn't much fun to shovel (thankfully, I got out of shoveling duty).

I love the Snow White pictures ... even if Emma is a little bit not interested. And the treats from Karamell-Kuche look great! (Because let's all admit it, the food is what matters most)

I've never done American Adventure either. And my dad's an American History teach, so you'd think I would. I just never wanted to spend time on it. Maybe I'll get there eventually.

I think we got about the same as you did - though it is snowing now so we shall see how much more we get.

Thanks! It's fun to look back over the years at the pictures with Snow White as the kids age. Oh I forgot to mention that originally Peter wanted to dress up too - but then backed out at the end. I think it would have been fun to see all three of them in dresses

I don't think it is an "every trip" type thing but I do recommend seeing the American Adventure at least once - even if just for the cool animatronics

Stupid snowstorm!! Hope you guys made out ok.

You can see from Olivia's face how it was!

Love the gifs from the ride!

Gotta love the pixie dust, but it does stink that it messed up your plans a little and that you missed out on the meet!

I love that Epcot wine glass, will need to look out for that in the future!

We did ok with the snow - impacting things today as well as seems like we are in for more than the original forcaste

It was hot - this day especially. We held up ok and knew going in that it would be hot - so at least we were prepared mentally and with the towels

definitely mixed blessings of gettin ginto the meet and greet early - but it worked out ok - I am glad they got some good pictures that I got to see later

The wine glass is really neat I think - I like that it is definitely Disney but like a classy Disney souvenir

That really sounds like a fun trip. Italy is near the top of the bucket list of places I want to visit so this cruise around it seeing various parts of the country just sounds amazing. I'm glad it worked out so that you can go.

And there you are taking pictures or making gifs... so yeah, the usual! :rotfl2:

Cool! I'm glad that they were able to meet her, even if Emma wasn't thrilled about it. You never know how one that age will react even if you have plenty of time to get ready, so I'd count that as a win.

At least you had beer and snacks. And there were pictures.

I absolutely love this show. I'm glad you finally got to see it!

We are definitely looking forward to the Italy trip. We did a weekend in Sorrento before the kid were born (Judi tagged along on a work trip I had to Zurich and then we hopped down there for a few days) but every place this trip will go is new to us - so very excited..... but a lot of research to do too!

yeah, the usual :rotfl2:

That's a good point - things could have not been rushed and she still not be in a great mood about it ... I think it worked out ok in the end

I am glad we got to the American Adventure too - was one of those "we should see that some day" but never made the official plans - so I am glad it worked out this time

Your cruises next year are going to be SO much fun!! I can't wait to hear all about them. We have spent time in Rome, Sorrento, Siena/Tuscany/Volterra, Florence, Lake Como and venice. Lake Como as I have mentioned about 1 gazillion times is my favorite place in the world <3

We are fvery excited for the trips - but I also feel like a lot of research and planning will be needed. We signed up for a Fish Extender for our Disney cruise as well and I think I am stressing at a disproportionate level about it :rotfl:

Judi and I have done Sorrento but that is the only place in Italy we have done. I don't think we will make the Tuscan region or Florence - so that will have to wait for another trip but I am excited for where we are going!

That is awesome that you even got that FP, I must say!

I had a proud parent moment at One Man's Dream in December when Aria excitedly pointed out Walt Disney in one of the pictures. :)

That is a cute meet with Snow White, but too bad you missed it AND they weren't quite ready so Emma had to rush! Poor thing! They looked so cute though and so nice to have a tradition like that. Awesome treats you picked up, man that cookie looks amazing!

I don't know if I just got lucky or what but when I was checking both of our EPCOT days I could have gotten Frozen Ever After FP at 30 days out (both not until the afternoon though). I had heard some stories (more from when it had first opened) of it breaking down and then either making later in the day the FP line very long or sometimes it just closing for the day so that is why I wanted to try to get in after Akershus as well - getting on twice was a bonus!

Good job Aria!

I was a little bummed at the time to have missed the meet but it worked out in the end - very glad they got the pictures they did! The apple cookie was really good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter