3/28FINALLY COMPLETED*August 2013*I can't go to Disney without a Pete!

Heh, so, the last time I updated was about 2 months ago! But I've also been super busy! I have applied to a teacher preparation program and finally found I got in about a week ago! It's a program specifically for being an art teacher! I'm excited to make my BFA worthwhile and relevant.

but anyways.
It was our last day at Disney.

We went to the Food Court at ASMu to get breakfast this morning because I had yet to have any Mickey Waffles and I figured what better way to ease the burn of having to leave, than some gluten free Mickey Waffles?!

IMG_4587.jpg

They were so good. Thank god for gluten free Mickey Waffles.

We got on a bus to MK and when we arrived we were so excited to see that they had started to put out a lot of the Halloween merchandise!
We also spotted the Mayor!

IMG_4591.jpg

Pete is one of those people who knows everyone and all our of friends call him "The Mayor of Allston" (Allston is where we live) so I just thought it was so cute to start the day off Mayor to Mayor! Just bein' diplomats on Main St!

IMG_4592.jpg

I hopped in for a picture too!
We stopped in the shops and bought a set of Haunted Mansion Christmas ornaments and Oohed and Aahed at all of the Halloween Merch.

I wanted to get a day time picture of us and the castle over by Crystal Palace so we headed there next.
IMG_4593.jpg

Prince Charming's Carousel had been closed the whole trip by finally opened back up this morning. Pete was once told at a pony party when he was a kid that he was too fat to ride the ponies, so he has refused to ever get on any kind of horse since. I told him to go get us Space Mountain fast passes while I went on the carousel and took selfies.
IMG_4595.jpg

Pete texted me as I was getting off the carousel that he had gotten us fast passes for Space Mountain but then realized that the return time was after we had to leave, so he just got on the ride. Sadly, I wandered over to Future Land and spotted Stitch with no line!
IMG_4601.jpg

He was so cute and blew me a big kiss afterwards!
Pete got off Space Mountain totally out of breath! He had sat in the front for the first time and was just like IT IS SO SCARY YOU CAN'T SEE ANYTHING I WAS SCREAMING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL and told me how he apologized to the little girl behind him when he got off the ride. I am now dying to try the front some day!

We went on Haunted Mansion and then went into the little shop near buy to buy Pete a Haunted Mansion shirt. The sweet glow in the dark one he wanted wasnt in his size, but we still got a pretty good one. That little store is not very well set up and we ended up in line for a good 20 minutes behind one family buying gifts for their entire country back home.
Finally we check out and it was starting to get really busy in the park and I had never been to Tom Sawyers Island, so we chartered a boat over!
IMG_4604.jpg

We waved to the Haunted Mansion and explored a little. On the boat back, I had an empty bottle of Gatorade in my had and accidentally dropped it in the water! I felt so bad! I DIDNT MEAN TO DO IT MICKEY.

I was getting really hungry and I think over tired and wanted to eat. We must of walked into 3 or 4 different QS places and I just couldnt figure out what I wanted and was getting so frustrated. Finally I said whatever lets just go to Pecos Bills and got a pulled pork sandwich. I think I just had a pulled pork sandwich stuck in mind, especially after the lovely one I had had over at Flame Tree.
IMG_4608.jpg

We checked out the Swiss Family Robinson Tree and wandered around Adventure land a bit.

Since we had 2 FPs for Space that we couldn't use, we decided we needed to find someone else to give them to.
IMG_4609.jpg

We decided we wanted to find a couple there on their anniversary to give them to. This ended up being REALLY, REALLY hard. First of all, it is pretty hard to find pairs who are at Disney by themselves. Second, a lot of people seemed to think we were crazy, coming up to them and offering them fast passes. Maybe they just all hate Space Mountain!! Also, half the couples we were about to approach ended up being a part of a bigger group.
I was getting so frustrated and sad because we were on our way to leave Disney AND we couldnt get anyone to take our FPs. Finally we saw a pair of teenage girls walking in the park just as we got to the train station and they finally took our FPs! Who knew it would be so hard to give away Fast Passes!!

Me and all my chins got really sad as we started to leave. Pete thinks its hilarious when I start to cry about Disney and loves to capture those moments.
photo3.jpg

I'm just passionate.
So we headed back ASMu. We still had a little time before we had to get on the MDE so we grabbed some farewell Mickey Ice Creams.
IMG_4611.jpg

IMG_4613.jpg

With heavy hearts we boarded the MDE
IMG_4635.jpg

At the airport I just tried to drink away my depression before boarding our plane.
IMG_4637.jpg

Unfortunately, even this huge wine glass didnt help.

I'll leave you with this strip that I forgot to post that we took in Dinoland at AK.
photo1-2.jpg

Thanks to all you guys who read! We're going again this August, this time for 8 days! Maybe I'll do some sort of TR, but we all know 8 days may take me a year to write up afterwards!!! I need a TR writing course!

Heh, so, the last time I updated was about 2 months ago!

Thought you might've dropped off the Earth.
I was like, "Hey! Maddie posted!" :banana:

I have applied to a teacher preparation program and finally found I got in about a week ago! It's a program specifically for being an art teacher! I'm excited to make my BFA worthwhile and relevant.

That's really great news!
Congratulations!

but anyways.
It was our last day at Disney.

Boo!
I can't hear you! Lalalalalalala....

Oh, carp. I still know it's over.

I just thought it was so cute to start the day off Mayor to Mayor! Just bein' diplomats on Main St!

Perhaps Pete could negotiate some sort of diplomatic visit for you guys.
Free of charge, of course.

Pete was once told at a pony party when he was a kid that he was too fat to ride the ponies, so he has refused to ever get on any kind of horse since.

That's just mean, man.
And totally not right.

Then again... riding a carousel horse is not exactly high on my list of things to do.

Pete texted me as I was getting off the carousel that he had gotten us fast passes for Space Mountain but then realized that the return time was after we had to leave, so he just got on the ride.

Uh huh. No, "Come on over, the line's short enough that we could ride right now!"
Did you smack him when you saw him later?

Pete got off Space Mountain totally out of breath! He had sat in the front for the first time and was just like IT IS SO SCARY YOU CAN'T SEE ANYTHING I WAS SCREAMING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL and told me how he apologized to the little girl behind him when he got off the ride.

:lmao: Man card, revoked!

We went on Haunted Mansion and then went into the little shop near buy to buy Pete a Haunted Mansion shirt.

There's a HM shop now???? :faint:
(sorry, it's my favorite ride)

we ended up in line for a good 20 minutes behind one family buying gifts for their entire country back home.

:laughing:

I had never been to Tom Sawyers Island, so we chartered a boat over!

Me neither. What's it like? Worth the trip?

On the boat back, I had an empty bottle of Gatorade in my had and accidentally dropped it in the water! I felt so bad! I DIDNT MEAN TO DO IT MICKEY.

Headline: Girl banned from Disney World for throwing garbage in river. Claims "She didn't mean to do it".

Since we had 2 FPs for Space that we couldn't use, we decided we needed to find someone else to give them to...

Who knew it would be so hard to give away Fast Passes!!

That's kind of bizarre.

Pete thinks its hilarious when I start to cry about Disney and loves to capture those moments.

:laughing: Actually, I do to!

Ice cream makes everything better.

At the airport I just tried to drink away my depression before boarding our plane.
Unfortunately, even this huge wine glass didnt help.

Probably didn't hurt, though. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll do some sort of TR, but we all know 8 days may take me a year to write up afterwards!!! I need a TR writing course![/CENTER]

Write it! And post a link here when you do!
Thanks for the fun TR and for sharing with us! :goodvibes

What a great last morning at the MK! I love your picture with Stitch. Too funny about Pete screaming on Space Mountain like a girl. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm glad you got a few attractions in. I love your sad picture as you are leaving. But smile...you'll be back before you know it.

I thoroughly enjoyed following along. I hope you'll do another one for your August trip.

Oh...and most important...good luck with school.

Snow loved my tattoos and asked if she was anywhere on there and I was just like whoa girl, you're cute but lets slow down here.

:rotfl:Snow be cray. Pete better watch out.

I loved this trip report! It looks like y'all had an AMAZING time - gets me even more excited for my next trip. I cry at all kinds of things (like songs on the radio) so I am preparing myself for what will happen at Disney... I haven't been in almost 10 years!

Thank you for this report! I love reading about Disney first and foremost but I love GF trip reports!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter