• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$3.25 per gallon is cheap

Wow, I'm paying about $2.77/gallon. My sons who live about 40 minutes from me are paying $3.01/gallon. I just filled my car up two days ago and it held $40.00. I've never paid that much for a tank of gas.

Wow, that's too bad for the Poles.

In Spain, gas is gov't regulated, (imagine!) and holding at about $5 per gallon. Diesel was about $4.50. Dollars, not Euros.

We were impressed. That's all it was in Britain two years ago, so obviously the shortages are not the only reason for the price increases. ;)

Remember though, that while the other countries are paying a LOT for gas, the government has put most of that cost there so that their health insurance and country infrastructure can be paid for. So, it's not as if they get nothing for that $8.00 (or $5.00) per gallon. Mostly likely, they get free medical, subsidized day care, etc. Comparing their gas prices to ours is comparing apples to oranges.

Having said that, I noticed my Wawa was at $2.79 per gallon this morning, which means my Costco gas stations will be at $2.69!

check out this site... www.gasbuddy.com

You can check gas prices all over the country... interesting to see the differences.

Duds

The fed should raise the price of gas to $6 a gallon or higher to make people conserve.

When Bush became president the price of gas in Orlando at the off-brand gas stations was $.96/gallon. Now the cheapest off-brands are $2.77 - $2.79. They had peaked at $2.99.

Now I'm quite sure that just because Bush is from Texas and has a lot of friends in the oil business has nothing to do with the price of gas having tripled. No doubt.....no relation between the two.

And I agree with Christine.....you can't compare us to other countries because the tax situations are quite different. Compare the U.S. to the U.S.

Different kind of govt. Ours should be based on competition. Only the speculators and stock holders are winning on this one.

When Bush became president the price of gas in Orlando at the off-brand gas stations was $.96/gallon. Now the cheapest off-brands are $2.77 - $2.79. They had peaked at $2.99.

Now I'm quite sure that just because Bush is from Texas and has a lot of friends in the oil business has nothing to do with the price of gas having tripled. No doubt.....no relation between the two.

Yes, and if you factor in the billions in federal taxes being squandered on military adventures in the middle east in attempts to control the future flow of oil, the current and long-term cost to the American taxpayer is far, far higher than $8 per gallon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter