3/21/2010 -- 4 Night Disney Wonder Spring Break Cruise

I FINALLY was able to watch the Wonder sail away today on the Port webcam. I'm so excited!!! :yay:

This will be us next week! As of right now it looks like mid 70's with little chance of rain for Nassau and CC. Cross fingers!!!

Ok, girls are done being packed and I'm next. So far so good. We decided not to take water to save space. We'll just use the water out of the beverage station. I believe I read it is filtered????

Off to my packing....counting down the days :hourglass

I love your saying - "SO LET THE STRESS AND PANIC BEGIN!!!" :scared1: - because it is so true. From now until we leave for the airport on Friday, I will be going like a wild crazy person! I still need to make fish extender gifts. I am making myself get the house cleaned and the packing mostly done before I let myself have the pleasure of making the FE gifts. Those are going to be so fun and I can't wait for you all to see them.

As far as social security cards - those are not needed. Only the birth certificates are needed.

You just made my day-- THANK YOU!!!

FE gifts are officially done. :thumbsup2 If any one else joins, I won't be able to add them to my list. :mad:

After shopping tomorrow, I should be finally ready to go!!!

Hi Everyone,

My kids and I just finished finished filling some eggs with candy as one of our gifts and I had a thought that this may alarm some people. We have a few small gifts to do every day and they will not be labeled from us. I thought I should let you know about the single Easter egg filled with smarties and m&ms. We had to unwrap the silly smarties because they wouldn't fit in the egg otherwise. So please know, that these eggs are safe and they are from us when you get them! Sorry I should have had pre-wrapped candy for them and I blew it! Just wanted to let you all know.

Did we all establish a solid time on the first evening to meet? Was it 7:30? And not sure where?
I am so excited I cannot wait to step on to that ship again and hear my families name, I want to cry just thinking about it!!!!:yay::banana::love:

Hey DCL friends... I haven't posted in a while, but have been reading the posts every few days! Boy... has the panic began! :) I had to take the day off school today to finish getting all the running around finished. I think I got it all, but I'm sure I will think of more things later! It's time to start packing the FE gifts. I thought the girls would have a great time filling them after school today.

Thought I would post a little info about our family. I know a few posted family introductions a few pages ago. Well we are the Johnson family from Yorktown, Indiana. I am a kindergarten teacher and graduated from Indiana University. I love taking pictures, reading a good book, and spending time with family and friends. I have been completely consumed with planning this trip. My friends think I am nuts! I can't stop thinking about it and I think I am more excited than the kids!

My DH is a pharmaceutical drug rep and graduated from Ball State University. He is a huge sports fan like many other DH's out there. He loves Notre Dame football and the Indianapolis Colts. We may have some friendly "smack-talk" with the Bengals fans!! He enjoys golfing, coaching, and running. We are both planning on running the CC 5K. Has anyone ever done that??

Our twin DDs just turned 10. They are in the 4th grade and love being with their friends. I know they will be very excited to meet new friends on the ship. On our last vacation, we gave them all a challenge to see who could meet the most new friends! It was fun to watch. They play soccer, softball, tumbling, and just started taking horseback riding lessons. They can't wait to get out of school on Friday and began our great vacation!

Our 3rd DD is 6. She is in the 1st grade. She also plays soccer and softball and loves gymnastics. She loves to hang out with her big sisters so we will have to find some younger friends on the ship to keep her busy!

We are counting down the days and can't wait to meet you all! We are driving down Friday night through the night and staying at the Country Inn Suites at Cape Canaveral on Saturday night. Is anyone else staying there?

Well I better get back to packing and cleaning my house (that I have neglected). My day off school is passing by much too quickly! See everyone soon!:thumbsup2

Everyone who wants their kiddos to have something personalized. I didn't keep track of kiddos names before...sorry:blush:

It's nothing huge, just another FE delivery surprise:)

If it's not too late - my kids would LOVE something personalized! They are Cooper (11), Gracie (8) and Kaelie (5).

I am getting stressed with the packing and planning....we've waited so long and now I feel like I'm running out of time! LOL I Know I have issues! :)

You have all been so helpful with all the info - THANKS!

I am down to laying out the clothes and trying to see how best to make 2 large suitcases and 3 wheeled carryons works for 5 of us. I know I can do it!

We are flying out of KC EARLY Saturday morning on Southwest. Then we have a car rented to drive to Port Canaveral and we are staying at the Residence Inn there. In the morning, our plan is for DH to drop us off with the luggage and then return the car - thanks KSDISNEYDAD for all the info!

Alwaysabuckeye - it sounds like we are on the same flights - SW Saturday morning and AirTran Thursday night? So I guess we'll see you at the airport bright and early!!!

Wonder if my boss will mind if I take a few vacation days to prepare for my vacation!?!

I'll quickly tell you a littlle bit about us:

DH (Dustin) and I (Kami) met in college at Central MO State in Warrensburg. We both grew up in MO - me in NW MO and him at Lake of the Ozarks. We married right after graduation and have been together ever since (17 years!!!)

Along the way, we have been blessed with Cooper (DS11), Gracie (DD8) and Kaelie (DD5) plus 2 little yorkie poos that drive DH and me nuts (the dogs, not the kids)!

Dustin sells commercial printing in KC and I work for a software company in Boston - full time from home.

We love to travel but have never been on a cruise - can't wait to check it out! I've already told DH that if it's nearly as great as everyone says, we are booking another onboard. :yay:

There's so much more to tell but I've got packing to do!!!! :rotfl2:

Did we ever decide on meeting somewhere on the cruise?

Hey alwaysabuckeye, my daughters would also love a personalized gift also if it is not too late. They are Megan (10), Haley (10), and Abby (6). If you are done, no worries! They won't even know!
Thanks so much!

I FINALLY was able to watch the Wonder sail away today on the Port webcam. I'm so excited!!! :yay:

This will be us next week! As of right now it looks like mid 70's with little chance of rain for Nassau and CC. Cross fingers!!!

Ok, girls are done being packed and I'm next. So far so good. We decided not to take water to save space. We'll just use the water out of the beverage station. I believe I read it is filtered????

Off to my packing....counting down the days :hourglass

I was really wanting to watch that yesterday, but we were out most afternoon. The last time we cruised from Port Canaveral, we watched the sailing immediately before ours. I hope to catch the Wonder in port this Thursday.

The water is filtered on board. However, my wife is a self-professed water snob and she still doesn't like it compared to bottled water. I'm okay with it. They do sell Evian bottled water on-board. However, you can always grab a case at the gas station next to the Radisson Inn for $5 and just carry it onboard without any luggage. I think Disney charges around $35 for a case of water! :scared1: We like the bottled water for excursions (except for Castaway Cay).

Hi Everyone,

Did we all establish a solid time on the first evening to meet? Was it 7:30? And not sure where?

I am so excited I cannot wait to step on to that ship again and hear my families name, I want to cry just thinking about it!!!!:yay::banana::love:

We'll be there early in the terminal until our number is called. We may have a flag with us (right now it says Denver Nuggets which I'm fine with, but June wants to cover it up and add our DIS names) so you can recognize us.

We'll also meet around 7:30 to 7:45 in the waiting area in front of the Walt Disney Theater. Since it's the Golden Mickeys, it might be hectic but there should be some space for our small group for a quick meet.

Thought I would post a little info about our family. I know a few posted family introductions a few pages ago. Well we are the Johnson family from Yorktown, Indiana. I am a kindergarten teacher and graduated from Indiana University. I love taking pictures, reading a good book, and spending time with family and friends. I have been completely consumed with planning this trip. My friends think I am nuts! I can't stop thinking about it and I think I am more excited than the kids!

Welcome back next door neighbor for 4 nights aboard the Wonder! We'll have our door decorated so you won't be able to miss us. I just hope my three boys don't disturb you too much! :thumbsup2 4 nights in a tiny room can be hectic! Actually 6 nights as we'll be in one room at POR for two nights before the cruise. :confused:

I know what you mean by planning. I told a coworker this morning that we were leaving Friday for Spring Break. He said, "Hmmm, let me try to guess where you might be going -(slight pause) - Could it be another Disney Cruise -- Now, that was tough to figure out."

I'll quickly tell you a littlle bit about us:

DH (Dustin) and I (Kami) met in college at Central MO State in Warrensburg. We both grew up in MO - me in NW MO and him at Lake of the Ozarks. We married right after graduation and have been together ever since (17 years!!!)

Did we ever decide on meeting somewhere on the cruise?

My parents met at Central MO State as well. Haven't they changed the name of that school? My cousin goes there and when we were at her Wedding in November, I thought my uncle called it a different name. I grew up in a small town very close to Warrensburg and moved to KC when I was in high school. Both my DW and I went to Truman State University in Kirksville, MO.

I posted above that we can meet around 7:30 to 7:45 in front of the Walt Disney Theater on Night 1. We'll also be in the terminal early, but won't stick around after our number is called! :goodvibes

You just made my day-- THANK YOU!!!

FE gifts are officially done. :thumbsup2 If any one else joins, I won't be able to add them to my list. :mad:

After shopping tomorrow, I should be finally ready to go!!!

I think we'll be ready when we pull away from our house on Friday morning as we head to the airport! :confused3 It's going to be a crazy week.

I believe this is the final list. Let me know if you have any corrrections.

1. * KSDisneyDad (Christopher), and Junesgoofy (June), DS14, DS12 and DS8 Stateroom 8038
2. * mommyofthreeboys (Christina), DH, DS16, DS11, DS8 Stateroom 8536
3. * 5CruisersCruising (Kami), DH (Dustin), DS11, DD8 and DD5 Staterooms 6585 and 6587
4. * twins-and-1 (Melanie), DH (Ted), DD10, DD10, DD6 Stateroom 8036
5. * alwaysabuckeye (Karen), DH, DD5, DD3 Stateroom 7596
6. * WPoohgirl (Wendy), DH, DD13, DS11 Stateroom 7506
7. * EOppegarrd, DW Stateroom 6003
8. * captainscapegirl, DD11Stateroom 2126
9. * pintail (Ken), DW & DD10 Stateroom 5522

In addition to Fish Extenders, will anyone else be decorating their door with magnets?

1. * KSDisneyDad (Christopher), and Junesgoofy (June), DS14, DS12 and DS8 Stateroom 8038
3. * 5CruisersCruising (Kami), DH (Dustin), DS11, DD8 and DD5 Staterooms 6585 and 6587

In addition to Fish Extenders, will anyone else be decorating their door with magnets?

My door will be loaded my new friend!!!! I went crazy and got all sorts of graphics and made my own. I have a really cool design idea too for our door... you will know it when you see it!!!!!

Are you talking about right near the gift shops in front there or closer to the entrance doors of the theater for the meeting place? You are right that area is a zoo around that time!!

Thank you very much for the final fish extender room list.

I plan to decorate our door also. I haven't had the courage yet to put an order in on the boards. I feel so bad asking them to create a magnet for me. I do have the magnetic paper! I guess I better get those done this evening.

After they send the finished magnet in a post, how do I get it ready to be printed on the printer? (that may have been a stupid question!)

Hey alwaysabuckeye, my daughters would also love a personalized gift also if it is not too late. They are Megan (10), Haley (10), and Abby (6). If you are done, no worries! They won't even know!
Thanks so much!

If it's not too late - my kids would LOVE something personalized! They are Cooper (11), Gracie (8) and Kaelie (5).

Alwaysabuckeye - it sounds like we are on the same flights - SW Saturday morning and AirTran Thursday night? So I guess we'll see you at the airport bright and early!!!

No problem...I'll add them. There was enough interest to justify two sheets...I might even do a couple for the adults if I have some leftover space.pixiedust:

Kami- Yes, we are on that flight. My girls will have matching mini mouse hats on. We will get there bright and early. We are staying at the Embassy Suites the night before and taking the 5am shuttle:eek: We'll be having breakfast on the run since their breakfast won't be open yet. We are flying back on Friday though. We decided to stay an extra day and are going to go to the Wilderness Lodge.

The water is filtered on board. However, my wife is a self-professed water snob and she still doesn't like it compared to bottled water. I'm okay with it. They do sell Evian bottled water on-board. However, you can always grab a case at the gas station next to the Radisson Inn for $5 and just carry it onboard without any luggage. I think Disney charges around $35 for a case of water! :scared1: We like the bottled water for excursions (except for Castaway Cay).

We'll be there early in the terminal until our number is called. We may have a flag with us (right now it says Denver Nuggets which I'm fine with, but June wants to cover it up and add our DIS names) so you can recognize us.

We'll also meet around 7:30 to 7:45 in the waiting area in front of the Walt Disney Theater. Since it's the Golden Mickeys, it might be hectic but there should be some space for our small group for a quick meet.

We might buy the water...just depends on how much room we have. I packed our alcohol/wine carryon that we are checking on the flight but carrying on to the boat...and it is crammed full. I put an extra set of clothes/swimsuits and sunscreen in with it (just in case luggage gets lost) and it is full. Since I don't want to carry around a case of water, if I can't reorganize once we get to Florida, we'll skip the water.

We have a large pirate flag we can bring if you want. Let me know and I'll pack it up.

Ok...off to do the odds and ends stuff. That is what is going to take me so long...but soooo worth it. Can't wait 'til Friday/Sunday!

Karen

My door will be loaded with magnets too. I didn't use the magnetic paper though...I just made my own with laminate and magnets. Doesn't look great but it will still be fun.

OK...THIS TIME I MEAN IT...I AM GOING TO GO WORK ON THE TRIP...I AM GETTING OFF THE BOARDS...

These boards are so darn addicting!

Thank you for the updated FE list and for taking your time to organize this for everyone. My daughter and I are very excited and are already thinking this may have to be an annual Mother-daughter cruise if all goes well. We did make some magnets and plan to decorate our door. See you all soon!!! Oh by the way...didn't introduce myself the first time..my name is Lori.

Hello everyone! I posted when we first booked, but haven't posted since. I'll introduce my family for you....

Myself--Jennifer, I work at a Comfort Inn and attend college full-time. I am graduating in May (Lord willing & the creek don't rise!). This trip is an early graduation present to myself!

Husband--Jeremy, works at Home Depot and also attends college full-time. He is studying surveying.

DS8--loves Star Wars and anything Disney

DS6--Loves anything that has nintendo in the title!

We are in cabin 6618. We were offered an upgrade to a verandah room for $99 and I took it! This is our first family cruise, and DH and my first "real" cruise. We went on a 2 night cruise on our honeymoon, but it was a teeny tiny boat.

Ok..so today I found out that my best friend and her daughter are joining us on the cruise. I am really happy about it and they are looking forward to the Mother-daughter time like I am. They were able to stay in our stateroom #2126. We are participating in the FE exchange and since its probably too late to add them, we will share our goodies with them. Just wanted to let you all know in case you see a few extra names on our door. Can't believe its less than a week to go....

Hello everyone! I posted when we first booked, but haven't posted since. I'll introduce my family for you....

Myself--Jennifer, I work at a Comfort Inn and attend college full-time. I am graduating in May (Lord willing & the creek don't rise!). This trip is an early graduation present to myself!

Husband--Jeremy, works at Home Depot and also attends college full-time. He is studying surveying.

DS8--loves Star Wars and anything Disney

DS6--Loves anything that has nintendo in the title!

We are in cabin 6618. We were offered an upgrade to a verandah room for $99 and I took it! This is our first family cruise, and DH and my first "real" cruise. We went on a 2 night cruise on our honeymoon, but it was a teeny tiny boat.

Welcome back! We've been on three cruises and have never been offered an upgrade, so Congrats! If we could get an upgrade this time, it'd be to a Suite, so I highly doubt that'll happen.

Have you taken your boys to Star Wars Weekend yet?

Were you the family that posted that you Strep Throat was going around? If so, I hope you're all better. :sick: Our oldest had bronchitis recently and we attacked it quickly!!

Feel free to join us for our meet around 7:30 to 7:45 at the WD Theater on the first night.

Ok..so today I found out that my best friend and her daughter are joining us on the cruise. I am really happy about it and they are looking forward to the Mother-daughter time like I am. They were able to stay in our stateroom #2126. We are participating in the FE exchange and since its probably too late to add them, we will share our goodies with them. Just wanted to let you all know in case you see a few extra names on our door. Can't believe its less than a week to go....

That's great that they can join you. We have 12 in our party so it'll be a crazy cruise. 5 days to go!

Never posted on a chat board before.

We are a family of five - Christine, DH, DD11, DD10 and DS6:banana:

My daughters are really excited to meet some new friends on the cruise. We are flying in from northern california on Mar 20th. Any kids coming from west coast? I want to make sure my kids have fun!

Learning about the door decorating and the Fish Extenders. Probably too late for the FE's but would like to decorate our door. Any ideas?

stateroom 8076.

Concerned about the weather.:scared1:

If the weather is too bad, there is always the movies, wine tasting, and hot tubs.

Welcome back! We've been on three cruises and have never been offered an upgrade, so Congrats! If we could get an upgrade this time, it'd be to a Suite, so I highly doubt that'll happen.

Have you taken your boys to Star Wars Weekend yet?
Yes, we have! It's a bit crazy, but they did enjoy it!

Were you the family that posted that you Strep Throat was going around? If so, I hope you're all better. :sick: Our oldest had bronchitis recently and we attacked it quickly!! Yup that was me too! I am feeling better, and the 2 kids say that they are not feeling any pain. DH started his antibiotic today, and I expect that he'll feel somewhat normal by Thursday.

Feel free to join us for our meet around 7:30 to 7:45 at the WD Theater on the first night. We will try. I am still trying to convince DH that the people I talk to on the internet are not axe murders. :rotfl2: Thanks for the invite though! Will this be the theater that will have the show starting after the first dining? We are planning on eating, then heading to the show.

Just checked out the weather forecast for Nassau.....Rain!!!! Now I am wondering if I should cancel the excursion and just plan something when we wake up that morning.

We have the stingrays/beach excursion booked. Obviously do not want to pay for that if it's going to be a crappy day.

We leave tomorrow!!!! So exciting!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter