3/21/2010 -- 4 Night Disney Wonder Spring Break Cruise

My family would like to participate in the Fish Extender exchange. This is my first post, so I cannot PM yet. (Rookie) :confused:
This will be our second Disney cruise on 3/21.
I was wondering what those Fish Extenders were about the last cruise. It sounds like fun.
Our group is me (Ken), DW & DD (10). We are in Stateroom 5522.

My family would like to participate in the Fish Extender exchange. This is my first post, so I cannot PM yet. (Rookie) :confused:
This will be our second Disney cruise on 3/21.
I was wondering what those Fish Extenders were about the last cruise. It sounds like fun.
Our group is me (Ken), DW & DD (10). We are in Stateroom 5522.

:welcome: I added your family to the roster on page one and to the FE list.

Everyone,

Here's the current FE List:

1. * KSDisneyDad (Christopher), and Junesgoofy (June), DS14, DS12 and DS8 Stateroom 8038
2. * mommyofthreeboys (Christina), DH, DS16, DS11, DS8 Stateroom 8536
3. * 5CruisersCruising, DH, DS11, DD8 and DD5 Staterooms 6585 and 6587
4. * twins-and-1 (Melanie), DH (Ted), DD10, DD10, DD6 Stateroom 8036
5. * alwaysabuckeye (Karen), DH, DD5, DD3 Stateroom 7596
6. * WPoohgirl (Wendy), DH, DD13, DS11 Stateroom 7506
7. * EOppegarrd, DW Stateroom 6003
8. * captainscapegirl, DD11Stateroom ????
9. * pintail (Ken), DW & DD10 Stateroom 5522

Let me know if there are any changes or additions.

Hello again...I just wanted to give you my stateroom number for the FE list. It is #2126. One other question, do we only leave treats for the number of children in the room or is it for everyone? By the way, I think it sounds really fun and what a great way to start getting my daughter excited at here at home as we prepare for the trip!!

Hello again...I just wanted to give you my stateroom number for the FE list. It is #2126. One other question, do we only leave treats for the number of children in the room or is it for everyone? By the way, I think it sounds really fun and what a great way to start getting my daughter excited at here at home as we prepare for the trip!!

Just wanted to say welcome to our group!!!

I bought things for the FE exchange this weekend and it was so fun picking everything out!

As far as the gifts, it's my understanding you can do what you want. Some might do 1 gift per cabin. Some may do a gift for each kid and then a gift per couple. It's all up to you!!! We do have 1 cabin with no kids so you'll have to prepare for that. HTHs. :banana:

Welcome captainscapegirl and pintail. I have added you to my FE list and will finish your gifts tonight. Some of my gifts are homemade, so hope you like!

I think the main idea of the FE is to have fun and get you excited for the trip. My DD5 helped me stuff the bags for the girls, so it is a great way for the kiddos to get involved.

Glad you could join the group and we'll see you in about 10 days!

Oh, and the current temp in Nassau is 77! Woohoo :beach:

Oh...since I am going to make some extra FE gifts for the new participants, I have to use a certain material that I don't want to waste. Since I will only be needing to make 2 I have a lot left. I don't want to give anything away, but I can make your kiddos something with their names on it if you are interested. Just PM me with their name and I'll make it. It is something the boys and girls can use.

Thanks!

Karen

I added your stateroom # to the first post!

Oh, and the current temp in Nassau is 77! Woohoo :beach:

Keep up the weather reports! It's cold and miserable here today. :lmao: I'm so ready for some upper 70's or lower 80's type weather!

Oh...since I am going to make some extra FE gifts for the new participants, I have to use a certain material that I don't want to waste. Since I will only be needing to make 2 I have a lot left. I don't want to give anything away, but I can make your kiddos something with their names on it if you are interested. Just PM me with their name and I'll make it. It is something the boys and girls can use.

Thanks!

Karen

Do you need everyone's kids names or just the newbies that were added?

We leave in ONE week! So excited!!!!

Everyone who wants their kiddos to have something personalized. I didn't keep track of kiddos names before...sorry:blush:

It's nothing huge, just another FE delivery surprise:)

Went out today and got the alcohol we are bringing. :drinking: Has anyone ever heard of Jeremiah Weed Peach Sweet Tea infused Vodka? It's a mouthful to say, but soooooo good. Hmmm...I hope they have lemonade to mix it with at the drink station.;)

Thanks!

Karen

Hey Karen, that is so nice! I tried to PM you but I have not posted enough times to do so. My children's names are Kayla and Max. If you do not have time though, please do not worry, I bet you are already super busy getting prepared. Have a great day! Wendy :yay:

Everyone who wants their kiddos to have something personalized. I didn't keep track of kiddos names before...sorry:blush:

Went out today and got the alcohol we are bringing. :drinking: Has anyone ever heard of Jeremiah Weed Peach Sweet Tea infused Vodka? It's a mouthful to say, but soooooo good. Hmmm...I hope they have lemonade to mix it with at the drink station.;)

Hello again,
Thanks for the FE info..getting excited. My DD11 name is Miranda.
THanks again and see you sooooonnn!:cool1:

:drinking1

Sorry, haven't heard of that particular vodka -- my first thought when I read that was all of the Medical Marijuana places popping up all over Denver!? :hippie: I can't remember if they have lemonade at the drink station on Deck 9.

We like to take Bailey's and pour it over a cup of soft ice cream that you get from Goofy's Galley.

But our favorite DCL beverage is a BBC! A perfect cruise drink.

In the afternoon at Castaway Cay, we've been offered 2 for 1 drink specials.

Thanks everyone...I got enough names to fill my sheet. I hope they like them.

One more week for me and vacation begins :banana:

Yes, in one week we can get away to Where the Boat Leaves From. :beach::boat:

From the Zac Brown Band. Lyrics found at http://www.metrolyrics.com/where-the-boat-leaves-from-lyrics-zac-brown-band.html

There's a place, where the boat leaves from
It takes away all your big problems
You got worries you can drop them in the blue ocean
But you gotta get away to where the boat leaves from
Take one part sand, and one part sea, one part shade of a
big palm tree
The drinks they're cold and the reggae is hot
And I know this is the place for me

So get away to where the boat leaves from
It takes away all of your big problems

See the problem is that you're down there
And there's a perfectly good island somewhere
Where a ride that floats and don't grab your coats
You won't need them where we are going

So get away to where the boat leaves from

Pick me up
Out on a boat that is huge
Pick me up
I don't know how to do
Pick me up

Put me down
Down on the sand where its cool
Put me down
When I fall off my stool
Put me down
I'll just sleep there til morning comes around

With sunshine and ladies and pina colodas
and Bob Marley songs that are playing
There's a sound in my ear that I want you to hear
Soft tropical lips that are saying

Get away to where the boat leaves from

So let the stress and panic begin!!!

I went to get the Social Security cards and birth certificates out for the boys today and apparently I misplaced them. Started to panic but then read on here that children under 18 only need birth certificates. Please tell me that is true!!!!

I did find a new bathing suit today which was quite a task!

What do you recommend as far as tipping? Should we prepay on our credit card or bring cash for each position? I am bringing $1 bills for room service and porters...so if cash is best I'll get all that at the bank at the same time.

Thanks!

We did a group gift for each family and then gifts for the kiddos. Hopefully that is ok. My oldest even helped stuff the girls' bags. She really helped a lot. Hopefully everyone got one of everything...Quality Control for a 5 year old is a little iffy.:goodvibes She is super excited to deliver them-she said that sissy might be too tired to help. I asked her if she thought she would be too tired also. She said that she didn't want to sleep because she might miss something. :crazy: I don't think so!

Oh my, this is soooo funny! :rotfl2:I don't have girls but I do have a niece that is funny like this. Kid's say the funniest things!:laughing:

So let the stress and panic begin!!!

I went to get the Social Security cards and birth certificates out for the boys today and apparently I misplaced them. Started to panic but then read on here that children under 18 only need birth certificates. Please tell me that is true!!!!
I love your saying - "SO LET THE STRESS AND PANIC BEGIN!!!" :scared1: - because it is so true. From now until we leave for the airport on Friday, I will be going like a wild crazy person! I still need to make fish extender gifts. I am making myself get the house cleaned and the packing mostly done before I let myself have the pleasure of making the FE gifts. Those are going to be so fun and I can't wait for you all to see them.

As far as social security cards - those are not needed. Only the birth certificates are needed.

See you real soon! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

What do you recommend as far as tipping? Should we prepay on our credit card or bring cash for each position? I am bringing $1 bills for room service and porters...so if cash is best I'll get all that at the bank at the same time.

Thanks!

We've always tipped using a credit card. The night before the last full day (I guess that's Night 3 for us) they'll leave tip envelopes in your room -- one for each tipped position -- along with a form to fill out on how much you'd like to tip. You can complete the form and take it to guest services. They'll add the tips to your room charge. You can tip the recommended amount, or more or less all on your room charge. They'll give you a receipt -- one that you can give each person in their tip envelope and one for you.

On the first cruise, we tipped extra by charging it to our room. On subsequent cruises, I just added extra cash in the tip envelope itself for the positions that I felt deserved it. We tipped below the recommended amount once for nonexistent service from the head server.

Yes, take some ones for room service (mickey bars, mickey rice krispy treats, or whatever else you enjoy!) and the porters, especially on disembarkation day. They really earn their tips on that day getting you out of customs!

Alternatively, you can prepay your tips as you said at guest services. Or you can simply tip in cash with the tip envelope. It's all up to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter