3/21/2010 -- 4 Night Disney Wonder Spring Break Cruise

Keeping with the one-month from today pictures, one-month from today will be Castaway Cay and Pirates Night.

First, Castaway Cay:

Arriving:

IMG_3826.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

The Flying Dutchman:

IMG_1236.jpg

Goofy:

Goofy.jpg

Hidden Minnie:

P8310097.jpg

Where to go?

DSC02510.jpg

Fun:

P8310127.jpg

parasail7.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

DSC02558.jpg

Exhaution:

DSC02559.jpg

This day is always too short!

SeeYaLaterMon.jpg

IMG_1316-1.jpg

IMG_5014.jpg

Wow! The pictures are great! I can't believe the Pirate Night picture. There are so many people dressed up. Is this the norm? I thought we might find some cute shirts or something but wasn't thinking of a full costume. What do most people wear?

Wow! The pictures are great! I can't believe the Pirate Night picture. There are so many people dressed up. Is this the norm? I thought we might find some cute shirts or something but wasn't thinking of a full costume. What do most people wear?

My family will be wearing pirate tshirts that I made. No costume here. But maybe next time!

Thanks to everyone for the compliments on the pictures. I plan to post more the next two days.

With respect to Pirate Night, most people don't dress up. That picture was taken of our DIS group. We had extremely active threads. Toward the last couple of months, we would completelly fill up a thread (250 pages) about every three weeks or so. There were well over a hundred posts a day, if not more. That was for a special fifteen night Panama Canal cruise and the person who started it was the person dressed up as Captain Jack. Yes, that picture of Captain Jack above was not a DCL character, but a fellow DISer. There were a lot of others who dressed up as characters from the movies as you can see in the picture. We did a lot for that cruise known by the group as our TOAL (trip of a lifetime). We had meet & greets, kids postcard exchanges, scrap booking meets, wine tastings, ice cream bar eating contests, excursions just for the group, stateroom tours, scavenger hunts, secret mickey gift exchanges, fish extenders, special nametags and lanyards, matching t-shirts, etc. etc. Since the group was called the Pirates, a majority of those on the thread dressed up to celebrate on Pirate night. This was highly unusual compared to other cruises. That was also a cruise where over 2,100 were returning guests.

You can dress up, wear a t-shirt, or don't go themed at all. At the dinner table, you'll get a pirate bandana to wear if you want. The party itself is special for the show and fireworks. Don't eat too much at dinner as there's a lot of food at the party including turkey legs.

Keeping with the theme...one month from today is our at-sea day:

Early morning on Deck 10:

Deck10morning.jpg

Around the Ship:

Deck4.jpg

Deck4doors.jpg

DSC01945.jpg

DSC02385.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_4986.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

P1030723.jpg

P1040038.jpg

P1030548.jpg

DSC01894.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

At the Pools:

DSC02333-1.jpg

DSC02387.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

P8190102.jpg

P8250067.jpg

And even more:

Views:

DSC02470.jpg

DSC01893.jpg

P1030593.jpg

P1030725.jpg

P1020268.jpg

Evening:

Deck9.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

DSC02421.jpg

DSC02423.jpg

Celebrate the Journey:

IMG_4898.jpg

IMG_4921.jpg

Getting to really know your servers:

IMG_5033.jpg

IMG_3820.jpg

Til We Meet Again on the Last Night:

P1040082.jpg

The photo of the dolphins is amazing! Keep the pics coming...they are great!

I want to start packing...but with how crazy the weather has been...I guess I will hold off until the week of the trip. I am starting to gather the for sure items...swim suits, over door shoe holder, jammies, FE and gifts...

We begin our trip on the 19th with a hotel stay in KC before our flight on Saturday am. Can't wait!!!

The photo of the dolphins is amazing! Keep the pics coming...they are great!

I want to start packing...but with how crazy the weather has been...I guess I will hold off until the week of the trip. I am starting to gather the for sure items...swim suits, over door shoe holder, jammies, FE and gifts...

We begin our trip on the 19th with a hotel stay in KC before our flight on Saturday am. Can't wait!!!

Thanks...I hope we see dolphins on this cruise. That particular picture was taken near Cabo on our Panama Canal cruise. For the Caribbean, we've mostly seen manatees, sea turtles and flying fish but no dolphins yet. I guess the odds are good that it's time we see them!

One month from today will be the last day.

The final morning comes starts too early!

IMG_1858.jpg

As an FYI, you can have breakfast in the dining rooms on the final morning and see your servers one last time. If you are at early seating, the breakfast is around 6:30 am I believe. If you are at late seating, breakfast may be closer to 8:00 am.

We usually just skip the final breakfast and head to Topsiders (Beach Blanket Buffett on the Wonder I believe). They have their usual breakfast buffet and you can eat there or take a tray back to the room. Debarkation is very smooth -- just don't try to take pictures of the Disney murals in the customs area!!!

No matter how long the cruise, I never look forward to seeing some of these sights:

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

There's not a lot of time that final morning. I believe everyone is off the ship by 9:00 am. None of the shops are open so you'll have to buy any last minute DCL souvenirs on the final night.

This picture was taken the final night of our last cruise. It reminds me why we keep returning.

P8230081.jpg

omgosh, those pictures make me sad! :( I don't even want to think about leaving the ship! Another reason to book on board right!?!?!

We leave in 21 days!!!! (almost to the teens!!!)

Three weeks from tomorrow we leave -- whoohoo! Hey Christopher (KSDisneyDad) (and my husband) nice photos --- your're killing me!!!!!!!!!! We sure do take some good photos don't we? We need to take more of the kids around the ship since they have all grown soooooo much since August 2008! I guess I should change the photo on my signature also since that was A LONG TIME AGO!

Just a random picture:

IMG_4627.jpg

Anyway, here's a current list of fish extender participants:

1. * KSDisneyDad (Christopher), and Junesgoofy (June), DS14, DS12 and DS8
Stateroom 8038

2. * mommyofthreeboys (Christina), DH, DS16, DS11, DS8
Stateroom ??

3. * 5CruisersCruising, DH, DS11, DD8 and DD5
Stateroom ??

4. * twins-and-1 (Melanie), DH (Ted), DD10, DD10, DD6
Stateroom ??

5. * alwaysabuckeye, DH, DD5, DD3
Stateroom ??

6. * tweet, DH, DS13
Stateroom ??

Not very many. If anyone wants to join in, let me know.

For those participating, could you post or send me your stateroom #'s so that I can compile a list? You may have already posted it, but I haven't gone back through the thread to check.

Thanks!

We are going on the 3/21/10 cruise as well. I am new to this board but have been with allears.net for a long time.

This will be our 3rd cruise on the Wonder for the 4 night. We are so excited and I spent our snow day yesterday getting graphics to make magnets for our door!

We do not have a fish extender but would very much like to participate if I am not too late. I have a DH DD13 & DS11 I will get one or make one somehow!!! Hope I didn't flub this post!!!:banana:

Hey Ksdisneydad, we are going to be neighbors!! We are cabin 8036! Too funny!

That'll make it easy to deliver FE gifts!

We are going on the 3/21/10 cruise as well. I am new to this board but have been with allears.net for a long time.

This will be our 3rd cruise on the Wonder for the 4 night. We are so excited and I spent our snow day yesterday getting graphics to make magnets for our door!

We do not have a fish extender but would very much like to participate if I am not too late. I have a DH DD13 & DS11 I will get one or make one somehow!!! Hope I didn't flub this post!!!:banana:

:welcome: I've added your family to the first post. You're definitely not too late to join our FE list. Just let me know your stateroom # and I'll add it to the first post as well.

Allears is a great place for Disney info. I remember when it used to be called the WDW Information Guide. I still use the site for research all of the time. I like the interactiveness of the DIS as you can ask questions and get answers almost immediately.

A couple of questions for you about the Wonder:

1. At the kids club graduation, do they get t-shirts? I read that they don't get the Mickey ears on the Wonder, but I wonder about the t-shirts.

2. What is your favorite Nassau excursion? Or do you just stay on the ship?

Any other helpful hints to enjoy the 4-night trips?

We are in 8536.
Thanks for putting the list together!!!

Welcome to our group Wpoohgirl!!!

Are we planning on doing a meet???

Welcome WPgirl! The more the merrier!!!

We are in room #7596.

I have so many little "projects" going on that I need to quit and just do one at a time to get them done:scared1:

I have plenty for the girls and family gifts, but am struggling for the boys. I hope I do enough for them.

I have the weather shortcuts programmed on my Blackberry for PC and Nassau. DH thinks I am crazy:lmao:

I was thinking we could do a pre-cruise meet online. A good way to kind of introduce ourselves prior to the big 4-day vacation.:beach:

What do you guys think?

My name is Karen. DH and I are from Ohio (alwaysabuckeye) and have been married for 15 years:eek::woohoo: Time flies when you are having fun! We graduated from the University of Cincinnati and love Buckeye and Bearcat sports.

DH LOVES all sports. There is something always on TV that HAS to be watched:rolleyes: Anyone following March Madness Sunday? I am sure DH will have to watch one of the games or at least get updated. We both love to cook, so maybe we'll do one of the cooking classes, if offered, while on board. We are also thinking of doing a wine tasting or martini tasting (or both) ;)

DH is in the snack food business. He is responsible for manufacturing some of those yummy treats you get from store shelves. Trying to stay away from them until AFTER the cruise:lmao:

My girls are wonderful and are so excited for the cruise. They are princess and mickey happy right now (as am I).

We are looking forward to the girls having a vacation, the family having a vacation and Mom & Dad having a vacation. THAT is why we booked the Disney Cruise. Everyone gets taken care of:cheer2:

Looking forward to meeting everyone and delivering the FE gifts. My oldest doesn't quite understand it, but likes that we will be delivering little gifts and magically getting some surprises too.

Have fun preparing in the next few weeks and see you soon...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter