• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3/2/2003 Wonder Cruise, Who's Going?

Run of the house is the nice way to say, the left overs. So not sure which cat. or deck, inside/outside... just know I am on a Disney Cruise, March 2, and that's fine with me, cause who hangs out in the stateroom anyway, basically I need a bed, and a shower. Everything else is just icing on the cake:)

Shelley- How do you get this 'run of the house' and is that a Disney term? Sounds better than what we have -cat 11 inside- at least you have a chance to get something better! We booked a cat. 11 guarantee and they promptly assigned us to 6502 and 6503. At least it's not far from the spa..just up a few stairs and we're there. Well, it was cheap. We need 2 staterooms and just can't justify the more $$.

I'm a CM, so they give us run of the house...it's not as glamorous as it might sound :) It's everyone else can get the category they want, or they can give upgrades, we just fill up what would be empty staterooms. It means, you have know garantees, you get what you get, no if, ands or buts, and no upgrades etc... It's a lot of what are considered the "noisy" rooms, or on the lower decks, etc. I don't think it's something they do normally, but rather they want to "displace" the CM's first, because they can stick us whereever. Think of it like walking into a crowded movie theater after the show as started, and all that is left is the seats in the front row, or a few single seats scattered. But, like I said, it's fine with me, noisy room, underneath wavebands? Bring it on! Just get me on that ship :)

My countdown clock is set for when we depart our house for the airport.....We fly down on March 1, 2003.....and are thinking about spending the afternoon and early evening at WDW so we can see the last ToN parade at Epcot......

We are in the secret porthole rooms....I believe we have 5022 and 5024.....

Shelly,
My wife was a castmember....until they closed her store! Boo hoo!!!! In fact, we're using the last of her passes for this trip to WDW.

Paul

Hi, I hear there is a $25 dollar first time cruise credit?? Is this true how do you get it???

Sharon

P.S. how do you get the countdown clocks you guys all have???:earsgirl:

Can't tell you about the clocks, but I can about the credit. I emailed my TA - Dreams - and asked about it and she almost immediately emailed back that she called Disney and got it for us. It'll be on our stateroom bill. I'm taking the email she sent as someone else mentioned they needed that for proof when it wasn't there. The code for the credit is REF, you may need to use that to get it. I figure every little bit helps!

Georgianne

For the countdown clocks...go to the tech board and one of the first threads is dedicated to installing a clock....

Is anybody who is arriving on March 1 thinking about going to go see ToD for it's last showing before heading to port canaveral hotel??? We think it might be fun but aren't sure yet.....we have seen it a number of times this past year....

No, we're heading right over to the cape. I think we're going to try to watch the Magic leave and go to the beach for a little bit - if it's warm enough.
Gotta be warmer than here - we're covered in ice this morning. I had a thought last night as I listened to it sleet that this could happen on the morning we're supposed to leave and we won't be able to get o the airport. ARGHHHH!

Georgianne

It's official, TWO WEEKS TO GO!! YIPPEE...

I'll be at the Studios the day before the cruise... working though!! I'll be great advertisement for DCL, because I'll be telling everyone about how WONDERFUL the cruise is :)

Originally posted by zurgswife
Is anybody who is arriving on March 1 thinking about going to go see ToD for it's last showing before heading to port canaveral hotel???

Dumb question... what's ToD?

Thanks,
Sam

It's the parade at Epcot, Tapestry of Dreams... and it's leaving with the end of the 100 Years of Magic Celebration, which has been extended thru the end of Feburary.

zurgwife,

We will be arriving on Feb. 28 and staying at the Wilderness Lodge for two nites. On the 28th, we already have PS at San Angel, Mexico, one of our favorites at Epcot, and will be spending the nite there. We have no intention of watching ToD as we have already seen it. However, I hope we finally succeed in trying Test Track as we arrived too late to the park to try it in August ::( March 1st will be spent at AK in the morning and MK in the afternoon and at nite. I also already have my PS there as well... Rainforest Café at AK and Crystal Palace at MK. Then on March 2nd, we have PS at Chef Mickey before we drive to Port Canaveral. I have done just as much planning for the other two nites that we will be spending at the WL, again, after the cruise.

Hi I am sitting here watching 2 feet of snow come down. GEOGIANNE how far is the beach???

Looks like bad news for my hubby. The army called, so he wont be able to come with us. He says one more reason to go again a soon as year of service ends.

What should I buy for the kids to take IF they are sea sick?? They are 5 and 8.

2 weeks to go!!!!:earsgirl:

Sharon

Dgator...what do you do at the studios????

It's getting closer and with the 2ft of snow we are supposed to be getting in the next 24 hrs...it seems more and more exciting...

I'm giving my kids (9,10,11) half a bonine.....and my Dr said to give the youngest (5) benedryl.....

Originally posted by mommysharon
Looks like bad news for my hubby. The army called, so he wont be able to come with us. He says one more reason to go again a soon as year of service ends.

:( It's hit a couple fellows in my Sunday school class as well. It seems like just yesterday they got home from their previous tours (one in Cuba, the other in Afganistan) and they're getting called back again.

I hope all goes well for your husband and he returns home quickly.

Sam

Sharon -
So sorry about your hubby! I hope he's not gone long and nothing happens. What a shame he can't go with you.
We are staying at the Holiday Inn at Cocoa Beach on the 1st and it's right on the beach. It's not close enough to us right now - that's for sure.

My peds office said to give the kids children's dramamine. I'm worried about it making them sleepy. Plus they say that for it to be effective you should give it to them before you get there as if they are already sea sick it takes awhile to work. But, I don't want to put them to sleep for no reason if they don't need it. That, and I'm afraid that if I mention to my daughter that she might get sea sick - she'll decide she is whether she is or not (she tends toward hypochondria at times). So I think I'll roll the dice and hope noone gets sea sick. I'm also taking Bonine and I bought some sea bands in case I need it!

Georgianne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter