• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3/2/2003 Wonder Cruise, Who's Going?

Any one heard how the weather is, this time of year.

Any one worried about that sickness that was going around on the boats???

Sharon:Pinkbounc

daddyman - welcome aboard! We have a meeting planned at Pinnochio's at 3:15 pm on embarkation day... feel free to join us!

zurgwife - my son is 10, fourth grade
my niece is 16, high school
I'm curious, how on earth will you be able to hide the luggages for six people?! :rolleyes:

mommysharon - it's currently 72F in Nassau today, and -10F and windy here... brr...
I'm sure that the weather will be really nice in Nassau and CC.
I'm not really worried about getting sick on the boat (except for being sea sick :( ), what has me very concerned right now is terrorism, especially at WDW. I am trying really hard to get it out of my mind, but without much success I'm afraid :(

Anyone going to Disney before or after the cruise? We are spending two nites there before the cruise and two nites after as well.

Originally posted by quidam
Anyone going to Disney before or after the cruise? We are spending two nites there before the cruise and two nites after as well.

Yes, I'll be there 2 days after at the WDW Hilton thanks to a Priceline deal. :D

Sam

Daddyman- My daughter Sammi is 8 too, so they'll be together in the Lab. What is her name so we can be on the lookout for her? We're looking for Abbey too, who is that age. Although the cruise is a surprise, so we'll have to tell her when we actually get there:). I think it will be great that she'll know at least the names of some other girls. Oh my, what fun!

I am hoping it is a little bit warmer.

My husband is in the Army and I too am very worried about terroism. I am very worried too that he wont be able to go with us. He could be activated anyday.:confused:
We are not going to go into Nassau to shop, beacuse I am too nervous. We have already been to atlantis so I think we are going to just stay on the boat. Any one know if stuff is still going on the boat.

Oh anyone know if pin trading goes on the boat and if they sell pins on the boat??

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: Sharon Brain Sr. Brian Jr Matthew

I think it's time for another roster - we have a few more since Kimball did it before. Here's what I have:

Kochs - Georgianne
Zurgs - Kimball
Smchan - Sam
Wonderwedding - Lynn
Quidam - Meghan
DizKid - Paul
Daddyman
Disneygator
GMS - Gail
Mommysharon - Sharon & Brian

Am I missing anyone?
I hope we all make it at 3:15 at Pinocchios!

:jester:

Georgianne

I'm curious, how on earth will you be able to hide the luggages for six people?!
Very Carefully....:D :D :D :D

Room service doesn't cost for the food...but I think there is a gratuity expected....

Pin trading is quite big on the boat I hear...so I'm sure they sell the pins also...

I'm worried about terrorism only so far that our brave men and women are about to go to war....but I've decided I can't live my life in a vacuum.....I"m going to go on as though I'm going to live to a ripe old age.....:D :D :D :D

Can't wait to meet at Pinocchio's

Sharon,

The only "cost" for room service is tips... I think the suggestion is $2-4, depending on what you order. Barb and Tony have the menu on their DCL site,Link.

You can have continental breakfast every morning, or late night munchies... (hamburgers/hotdogs/pizza/salads).

Hope that helps. Oh, you will need cash to tip room service.

Is afternoon tea at Palo available on the 4 day cruise?

Thanks,
Sam

no, afternoon tea at Palo is only available on the 7 day. Tea with Alice is only on the 7 day as well.

Just another reason to book a seven day after this 4 day! :)

Originally posted by DISNEYGATOR
no, afternoon tea at Palo is only available on the 7 day. Tea with Alice is only on the 7 day as well.

D'oh! My wife will be disappointed.

Just another reason to book a seven day after this 4 day! :)

Agreed. :D This is my first cruise. If my wife and I enjoy it, I will likely plan a 7 day trip.

Sam

My 8 year old is Sarah, her 8 year old buddy is Jack.

My six year old is Rachel and Jack's little sister (5) is Anna.

Also - we just found out another Marietta (GA) family will be on the cruise.

They have a Rachael (different spelling) 6, and a Sarah - 5

Originally posted by Daddyman
Also - we just found out another Marietta (GA) family will be on the cruise.

Oh my! Someone from May-retta! :)

(An old, obscure Six Flags joke.)

Sam

mommysharon - Unfortunately, there are no character breakfast or dinner on the 4-day cruise (there is a character breakfast on the 7-day cruise). However, you will have plenty of opportunities to meet the characters at parties, in the atrium, on CC, etc.

Make sure to check your Personal Navigator carefully for the exact times!

I also forgot my SIL and her daughter (17) (she has CP and is severly handicapped) and another friend and her mom plus 2 caregivers are also going to be on the cruise......They are from Atlanta, GA.....

Called to find out there room numbers last night.....

Only 2 weeks....yippee.....

Mommysharon,

Although there weren't "official" character breakfasts, a lot of characters were out and about during breakfasts on my recent 4 day cruise (10/27). We usually ate in Parrot Cay, and I got picks with Captain Hook, Donald Duck, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Alice in Wonderland, and Dale!

So I would bring the camera and autograph books to breakfast just in case! But there are plenty of scheduled character meet-and greets-and they are all over Castaway Cay. I also love the princess party!

Disneygator/AKA Shelley

Shelley - (thanks for you name - I really like to know what to call people when I finally meet them - screen names would seem funny!)
Anyways - I noticed your countdown clock is different than the Zurgs. Maybe yours is to the actual cruise and theirs is to when they leave for Florida? I'm just figuring this out as I type. I like theirs better as it is closer!!!!

Where's everyone staying? We're in 8536. I decided if we were going to do this we would go all out (well, not to a suite, but the next best thing).

Georgianne

My countdown clock is set for Noon, on March 2, 2003... about when you actually board the ship. Since we live in Orlando, we'll just be driving to port that day. I am sailing with a friend from work and her boyfriend. We don't know what stateroom we are in yet, since we get run of the house. But it should be fun fun fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter