• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 1/2 year old and rides question

mzicuis

Earning My Ears
My daughter is 3 1/2 and has cystic fibrosis and we are taking her to disney next week. She is tiny - all of 36 inches, but will she be able to go on pirates of the carribean with my husband and I? Are the only rides she CAN'T go on the ones that have the 40 inch requir? Please help!! Thanks.

My daughter is 3 1/2 and has cystic fibrosis and we are taking her to disney next week. She is tiny - all of 36 inches, but will she be able to go on pirates of the carribean with my husband and I? Are the only rides she CAN'T go on the ones that have the 40 inch requir? Please help!! Thanks.

if she doesn't need to be seated in a wheelchair, i think that she can ride pirates (although it might scare her if she's so young)...

yes i think she can ride anything that doesn't have a height requirement, although you might not want her to go on everything (as i said, pirates can be scary to little ones).....any 'dark' ride can be scary...

Yes, your daughter will be able to go on all the rides without any height restrictions. We took our DD when she was 18 months old (so nowhere near 40 inches tall) and she was able to go on so many rides, it was really great.

We returned for WDW on Tuesday. My 3 yr old rode Pirates. He liked it. It didn't scare him at all.

Hi mzicuis and :WELCOME: to DisBoards.

You might want to look in the "disABILITIES" Forum (which is the 16th forum in the list) for a lot of good advice concerning travelling with a special needs child. Be sure to also look at the "disABILITIES FAQ" which is one of the first posts in that forum, it will have lots of useful information.

thanks everyone. She is really health for having CF and has more energy than any kid I know!!

I hope you and your DD have a great time! That's one of the things we enjoy so much about Disney, little ones can ride almost everything. There are really only a few height restricted rides in each park, much better than most parks. My DD will be five in a few weeks and she has -- finally -- just hit the 40" mark. We go to Disney a couple of times a year and she is SO excited to finally be able to ride all the 40" rides. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter