2yo on the dining plan?

LisaTN

DIS Veteran
So my sister and nephew are joining us on our next trip and he's two - and I know the dining plan goes from 3-9, but he eats more than my 5yo.... are we allowed to get the dining plan for a 2yo?

And what if there is free dining....does it not inlcude the 2yo? We would have to pay for his food?

So my sister and nephew are joining us on our next trip and he's two - and I know the dining plan goes from 3-9, but he eats more than my 5yo.... are we allowed to get the dining plan for a 2yo?

And what if there is free dining....does it not inlcude the 2yo? We would have to pay for his food?

If you are booked with a regular MYW package, you would have to bump his age to 3 and purchase a park ticket for him. 2 year olds are expected to share with others on the plan. It is likely cheaper to pay OOP for his meals when sharing isn't enough. Same rules apply during free dining.

Children under 3 are not on the dining plan. They don't receive dining credits.

The only way to get a dining plan for a 2 year old is to register the child as 3 years old. This means you must buy a park ticket for that child if you are on a package with tickets, because as far as Disney is concerned that child is 3 years old. If you're not on a package that includes tickets, you'd only pay for the dining plan. Free dining requires a package with park tickets, so while the dining plan itself is at no extra cost, there is the cost incurred for buying at least a 2 day park ticket in order to get dining credits for that child.

The 2 year old can eat whatever they want free if you are going to attend buffets, all you can eat family style restaurants, fixed price restaurants or dinner shows. For the time that they are 2 I would book as many of those meals as possible. It is true that if you are at CS or an a la carte restaurant, the child would have to share with the rest of the party or your would need to buy them a meal. But the price of a few child's meals should be compared to what it would cost to buy him a park ticket.

Okay, yeah - sounds like we'll just pay for his stuff seperately..

We are planning a buffet lunch. The other two planned meals though are BOG and Akershus...

While Akershus is an ala carte menu - I wonder if they would let him do the buffet portion for no cost... he eats basically eveything, so I know the fish, meat, and salads would work for him.

Okay, thanks for the info!!

Akershus is fixed price, they'll bring food for him at no charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter