2nd week of June cancel watch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a few reservations. 9-13 CR, 13-17 BWI. If they cancel they will cancel both, but I have back ups incase they open the 15th. Dolphin 14-17, CR 17-21. I squeezed in the later CR after Finn rumor. Dolphin last week after I realized I'd lose both early reservations if canceled thru 13th. (It's been confusing with all this reservations, not a fan)
I look forward to possible answers soon. So this walking the plank weekly ends.
Good luck everyone!
I really wish I’d done the same thing. I just made the one reservation thinking I could move it (and obviously now we can’t). Now I have a July reservation for my backup.

If (after?) they cancel us, we are thinking we'll book one of the Disney Springs Hiltons, but we need the pool to be open and I haven't checked if they are. Does anyone know? I saw the B resort's pool was open.

Delta cancelled all the flights or they are booked, so we are driving 8 hrs anyway. If anything opens - Sea World, Universal, Busch Gardens, we may try to get tickets for the day. We need a couples get away, and this is my 40th birthday trip, so the date actually matters. We are AP's and going in Sept with the kids, so I'm OK with a different experience. I just need decent places to eat, alcohol and a pool.

What is everyone's plan B?
Delta cancelled almost everything. I saw some FA’s complaining about all the people traveling on packed planes, but for my dates it went from 100+ flights to 4. They’re cancelling & condensing everything, it looks like. We had a 9pm flight home scheduled & they moved us to 5pm. I went online to try to move it later and saw only 4 flights, all of which were sold out.
My plan B is July, and if that doesn’t happen, I’m not sure. I don’t really want to go in August, it’s just so hot! So probably waiting until September.

What a bummer! I've still got a week to hope. We're going to Daytona Beach Shores from 6/13-20 and were hoping to do a Disney day or two if they were to be open.

Pretty sure we will be canceled for BLT from June 15th - June 21st...but nothing official yet. Back up booked for Sept 4th to Sept 9th at Riviera

Looks like I can't book the Hilton Lake Buena Vista Palace now either, which was showing availability 2 days ago for 12-17th. I can book Universal hotels on those days though, not sure if that means anything but I may make a reservation with them. We have Hilton/Delta status b/c of my husband's job so I generally check those first - but they appear a no-go. Delta wiped out everything in June a while back, but I'll do the 8 hour drive as long as my car-sickness prone kids aren't with us, which they aren't this trip.

No official e-mail from Disney yet.

Well this is hilarious....cancelled on for June 12-17th at CSR. Can't move my reservation to keep that free dining package from when I needed to postpone in end of March. American airlines was also only allowing me (1) modification to my flight for free from March reservation. Thanks, Disney. I wish Disney would announce a date already, so we can plan accordingly. The CM was very nice asking me if I wanted to move to July, but I asked if someone can confirm if they'd be open and unfortunately can't get any confirmations. What a mess. Maybe i'll just postpone this trip a year or two I guess.

When did ADR’s start falling off of MDE and online last week? Mine are all still there for now.

So in trying to pull info together here are my thoughts/impressions/predictions:
1). Disney will be presenting opening plans at some point this week. I see Universal is doing so today and another thread says presentation is being live streamed. Can we assume Disney’s will as well? Probably. Presentation is also said to include proposed reopen date.
2) WDW is the front runner to house all resumed NBA games. Games predicted to start mid July. NBA has indicated they will be announcing their plans on or around June. A poster on another thread posted a reporters assertion that WDW was waiting for the NBA to finalize plans prior to figuring out reopen date
3) Lots of speculation as to if WDW will open to public if hosting NBA. Personally I used to frequent Braves Spring Training at WWOS while going to WDW so I think it is entirely possible to isolate it. But they will have to block resorts for NBA personnel so will have an effect as they may have to relocate guests

so...putting this all together here is my worthless prediction. By end of this week we will know Disney’s projected reopening date. I predict it will be July 1. This will give them a month after NBA announces plans to ascertain how many people the NBA is bringing in, relocate guests, and any other logistics. Giives them a chance to monitor voluntary cancellations as well. Also opening 2 weeks before NBA start gives them a chance to stagger influx. I hope they get the NBA. would be cool to watch and revenue would help. Early next week they will send out remaining cancellations and perhaps start to cancel/modify ADRs to compensate for reduced capacity.
thoughts?

When did ADR’s start falling off of MDE and online last week? Mine are all still there for now.

My son's ADR's and fastpasses started disappearing on Thursday afternoon last week - right after the park hours were removed from the website.

Well this is hilarious....cancelled on for June 12-17th at CSR. Can't move my reservation to keep that free dining package from when I needed to postpone in end of March. American airlines was also only allowing me (1) modification to my flight for free from March reservation. Thanks, Disney. I wish Disney would announce a date already, so we can plan accordingly. The CM was very nice asking me if I wanted to move to July, but I asked if someone can confirm if they'd be open and unfortunately can't get any confirmations. What a mess. Maybe i'll just postpone this trip a year or two I guess.
Now, this is something I need to check on. I booked my flight about 2 weeks ago (right before they cancelled/consolidated all the flights and the day before all the VAH disappeared) for June. I was going to just move it to July, but now I want to check that I can move it again if July is cancelled. I'm flying Delta but didn't think to check if there was a limit on modifications...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter