2nd week in may (Are touring plans needed)

Mike77

Earning My Ears
Ok Folks,

Going to WDW May 8 - Friday the 13th (ohhhh).
OK I joined touringplans.com and according to historical attendance it is a low to moderate crowd level during our stay.

Have any of you fine folks been to WDW the 2nd week of May. If so are the crowds levels accurate accordong the TP.com?

And if the crownds are low to Mod do we even need a plan.

Going with the boss(wife) an the rug rats.

Thank you.

I'm of the mindset touring plans are ALWAYS a good idea to have on hand. At least looking for lowest crowd days and where is best to start out in the park. We always go at the lowest crowd times, love January, but even so, certain parks and areas of the park become more crowded then others depending on day/time of day.

You can always ditch the plan (we sometimes do), but i'm much more comfortable to have it with me.

I agree. Love the parks in May, but still need a plan to navigate around. It just makes for a smoother stay.

Ok Folks,

Going to WDW May 8 - Friday the 13th (ohhhh).
OK I joined touringplans.com and according to historical attendance it is a low to moderate crowd level during our stay.

Have any of you fine folks been to WDW the 2nd week of May. If so are the crowds levels accurate accordong the TP.com?

And if the crownds are low to Mod do we even need a plan.

Going with the boss(wife) an the rug rats.

Thank you.

I'm really not trying to be snarky when I say that touring plans are never "needed". The vast majority of people who visit WDW every year do so without a plan, and the vast majority have fun (and some people who go with a plan don't have fun). If you think it will ease your mind to have a plan, then by all accounts go ahead and make one, but I think that as long as you have a pretty good sense of how things work, and are ready and willing to roll with the punches and adjust as needed, you'll be more than fine without a highly refined plan.

Have you ever been to WDW? Even in a low to moderate season, Disney World is always busy. Knowing which park to attend which day is important, but so is knowing which rides to ride first, etc.

Touring Plans and Tour Guide Mike (which I prefer) is a small price to pay to really enhance your vacation.

They are never needed. To me a touring plan is a great way to ruin a fun trip.

We were there once during a really slow week in January. I guess the thing to remember is that the really popular rides usually have lines. While the secondary attractions might be walk ons, the Mountains, Safari, Soarin and rides like that are usually pretty busy. That being said, if you get there early and/or are happy using fastpass for those ones, that could be all the plan you need.

Mary

We love May. Moderate crowds. I have never paid attention to any touring book or guide and have always had a great trip.

For me it is more important to understand fastpass and which rides are the most popular.

I don't think you NEED a touring plan. But I enjoy our trips more now that I have been using them. I like the mainline rides and attractions more than the second-tier rides, however. We want to do as much as possible and our family has a commando-style attitude toward the parks. We don't want to come home saying, "I wish we could have went on _X_ but that line was insane."

We went the second week in May last year and are planning to so again this year. The crowds were in fact low to moderate but we still had a touring plan and it worked out well. We were able to ride everything we wanted to, sometimes twice.

We are also going that same week. I looked at the crowd calendar and the dates are so so for the crowds. Just remember that the D23 kick off of the
40th anniversary celebration starts on the 11th with a 2 day scavenger hunt in all four parks. It ends up with a 2 day (weekend) celebration/ convention type event. I think that there will be more people than I was hoping for that week. :rolleyes: We are signing up for the scavenger hunt!!! It should be a blast :thumbsup2

Kim

They are never needed. To me a touring plan is a great way to ruin a fun trip.

Ditto. We used tour guide Mike one year and after about 3 hours into our 5 day trip.....we ditched it.
It's vacation, so we treat it like one.

I'll be there same time as you, I think it's a good idea you have purchased TP to schedule which park for which day, and knowing the crowd prediction etc. but I don't think a full commando "plan" is needed for each day.

I've done many vacations, four of them in May, without a touring plan or a rope drop. We've had a great time on all of them.

We are also going that same week. I looked at the crowd calendar and the dates are so so for the crowds. Just remember that the D23 kick off of the
40th anniversary celebration starts on the 11th with a 2 day scavenger hunt in all four parks. It ends up with a 2 day (weekend) celebration/ convention type event. I think that there will be more people than I was hoping for that week. :rolleyes: We are signing up for the scavenger hunt!!! It should be a blast :thumbsup2

Kim

What is this D23 scavenger hunt???? We will be there the 10th - 17th.

What is this D23 scavenger hunt???? We will be there the 10th - 17th.

It is a two day scavenger hunt set for all four parks. It will be open to everyone not just D23 members (D23 members get a discount). If you google it you should find it. It is the 12-13 May. You have to have a team to enter (2-4 people). I talked my DH into signing up! I can not wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter