2nd Day st Sea World?

Discussion in 'Sea World / Discovery Cove' started by Luis Rodriguez, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Luis Rodriguez

Luis Rodriguez I'd rather be at Disney

Hi all,

Last time I went to Sea World (2008) they allowed you to visit for a 2nd day free, for the cost of a regular (1 day) ticket. Is this still valid?

Thanks in advance,

Luis

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

That promotion ended this past fall.

You can purchase a "fun card" instead which is the same price as a one day admission ($89) but allows you to visit an unlimited amount of days in 2013.

4. Luis Rodriguez

Gina,
    Thanks for your answer. It's somewhat more expensive as you can't buy it online ($89 vs $79), but still a good deal for a two day visit...

Thanks again,

---
    Luis Rodríguez

Sent from my HTC One S using DISBoards

5. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

You can buy fun cards online. That is how I purchased my cards for the kids.

6. Luis Rodriguez

Angelmom,
    Thanks for the info. Sea World's mobile web site shows fun cards with an "at the gate" tag, hence my original comment. Will check it out as soon as I get home.

Thanks again,

---
    Luis Rodríguez

7. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

Hmm well hope it works out.

8. Luis Rodriguez

Just to update the thread: I contacted Sea World and they told that the 2nd day free option had to be bought ($10 per ticket) at the Vacation Experience Center, near the Sea Lion and Otter Stadium (inside the park).

Regards,

---
    Luis Rodríguez

9. dec2009mama

dec2009mama Mouseketeer

Hi,

Just want to confirm -- if I buy a one day pass and while at SW decide I want to go back for a second day I can upgrade for $10 to the fun pass somewhere within the park?

This would be great since I dont know if we want to do one or two days!

10. Luis Rodriguez

That's right. You can buy your ticket either at the gate ($89) or online ($79) and, once inside the park, if you wish to do so, you can buy the 2nd day option (to be used in the next seven days).

Regards,

---
    Luis Rodríguez

11. autigger

autigger Mouseketeer

I called and asked Sea World about adding a day to the “Kids Play Free Package” and the customer service person told me that for ten dollars ($10) per person we could add a second day. I specifically asked if we could add the second day to our kids’ “free” ticket and she said yes.

Has anyone done this before? Is this information correct?

12. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

yes you just have to pay the $10. The first ticket fee is waived because of the promo but to get the 2nd day you have to pay for it. They won't know the difference between a paid childs ticket or a free one. They are all the same and you don't show your receipt when adding the 2nd day. You just go to GS and say you want to add a 2nd day.

13. autigger

autigger Mouseketeer

Thank you for the helpful response! We will do the upgrade on our adult tickets and our kids' "free" tickets.

14. temom

temom Mouseketeer

What a great tip
    When are doing the Free dining deal for canadians on the first day and then we can decide if we need the 2nd day when we are at the park. :thumbsup2Thanks Everyone

15. 2Pirates2Princesses

2Pirates2Princesses DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting this tip. We are strongly considering booking the kids free package and I know that if we go we will want a second day in the park.

16. Nellas Elensar

Nellas Elensar DIS Veteran

Any chance that they'll reinstate the 2nd day free program???

17. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

I don't see that happening. With SW going public and talks about selling. They even stopped the preschool pass for this but did say anyone who had one last yr could buy an annual pass for the child for 50% off.

18. Nellas Elensar

I really hope they think twice about this...they'll be losing a lot of repeat customers who depended on the 2nd day free program to always be there.

19. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

Well BG is offering it right now. So that is probably why seaworld isn't. Also see world lost a good amount of money by doing the preschool program for 2 yrs. $10 for a 2nd day I think is still a great deal. SW and BG are the only local parks that we go to cause they offer a lot better incentives compared to Disney.

20. Nellas Elensar

Maybe we can "splurge" and pay the $10 for a 2nd day. Or perhaps, as summer nears, SWO will again offer the free 2nd day. I'll keep a watch on what happens. :)

21. autigger

autigger Mouseketeer

Just to follow-up, we did the ten dollar second day deal with no problem. We had two adult tickets and two "free" kids tickets and were able to add the second day at guest relations on all four tickets with no trouble at all.

Again, thank you Anglemom for such good advice!!