• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2nd Day st Sea World?

Luis Rodriguez

I'd rather be at Disney
Hi all,

Last time I went to Sea World (2008) they allowed you to visit for a 2nd day free, for the cost of a regular (1 day) ticket. Is this still valid?

Thanks in advance,

Luis

That promotion ended this past fall.

You can purchase a "fun card" instead which is the same price as a one day admission ($89) but allows you to visit an unlimited amount of days in 2013.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina said:
That promotion ended this past fall.

You can purchase a "fun card" instead which is the same price as a one day admission ($89) but allows you to visit an unlimited amount of days in 2013.

Gina,
Thanks for your answer. It's somewhat more expensive as you can't buy it online ($89 vs $79), but still a good deal for a two day visit...

Thanks again,

---
Luis Rodríguez

Sent from my HTC One S using DISBoards

Luis Rodriguez said:
Gina,
Thanks for your answer. It's somewhat more expensive as you can't buy it online ($89 vs $79), but still a good deal for a two day visit...

Thanks again,

---
Luis Rodríguez

You can buy fun cards online. That is how I purchased my cards for the kids.

angelmom27 said:
You can buy fun cards online. That is how I purchased my cards for the kids.

Angelmom,
Thanks for the info. Sea World's mobile web site shows fun cards with an "at the gate" tag, hence my original comment. Will check it out as soon as I get home.

Thanks again,

---
Luis Rodríguez

Luis Rodriguez said:
Angelmom,
Thanks for the info. Sea World's mobile web site shows fun cards with an "at the gate" tag, hence my original comment. Will check it out as soon as I get home.

Thanks again,

---
Luis Rodríguez

Hmm well hope it works out.

Just to update the thread: I contacted Sea World and they told that the 2nd day free option had to be bought ($10 per ticket) at the Vacation Experience Center, near the Sea Lion and Otter Stadium (inside the park).

Regards,

---
Luis Rodríguez

Hi,

Just want to confirm -- if I buy a one day pass and while at SW decide I want to go back for a second day I can upgrade for $10 to the fun pass somewhere within the park?

This would be great since I dont know if we want to do one or two days!

dec2009mama said:
Hi,

Just want to confirm -- if I buy a one day pass and while at SW decide I want to go back for a second day I can upgrade for $10 to the fun pass somewhere within the park?

This would be great since I dont know if we want to do one or two days!

That's right. You can buy your ticket either at the gate ($89) or online ($79) and, once inside the park, if you wish to do so, you can buy the 2nd day option (to be used in the next seven days).

Regards,

---
Luis Rodríguez

I called and asked Sea World about adding a day to the “Kids Play Free Package” and the customer service person told me that for ten dollars ($10) per person we could add a second day. I specifically asked if we could add the second day to our kids’ “free” ticket and she said yes.

Has anyone done this before? Is this information correct?

autigger said:
I called and asked Sea World about adding a day to the “Kids Play Free Package” and the customer service person told me that for ten dollars ($10) per person we could add a second day. I specifically asked if we could add the second day to our kids’ “free” ticket and she said yes.

Has anyone done this before? Is this information correct?

yes you just have to pay the $10. The first ticket fee is waived because of the promo but to get the 2nd day you have to pay for it. They won't know the difference between a paid childs ticket or a free one. They are all the same and you don't show your receipt when adding the 2nd day. You just go to GS and say you want to add a 2nd day.

yes you just have to pay the $10. The first ticket fee is waived because of the promo but to get the 2nd day you have to pay for it. They won't know the difference between a paid childs ticket or a free one. They are all the same and you don't show your receipt when adding the 2nd day. You just go to GS and say you want to add a 2nd day.

Thank you for the helpful response! We will do the upgrade on our adult tickets and our kids' "free" tickets.

What a great tip
When are doing the Free dining deal for canadians on the first day and then we can decide if we need the 2nd day when we are at the park. :thumbsup2Thanks Everyone

angelmom27 said:

Thank you for posting this tip. We are strongly considering booking the kids free package and I know that if we go we will want a second day in the park.

Nellas Elensar said:
Any chance that they'll reinstate the 2nd day free program???

I don't see that happening. With SW going public and talks about selling. They even stopped the preschool pass for this but did say anyone who had one last yr could buy an annual pass for the child for 50% off.

I don't see that happening. With SW going public and talks about selling. They even stopped the preschool pass for this but did say anyone who had one last yr could buy an annual pass for the child for 50% off.

I really hope they think twice about this...they'll be losing a lot of repeat customers who depended on the 2nd day free program to always be there.

Nellas Elensar said:
I really hope they think twice about this...they'll be losing a lot of repeat customers who depended on the 2nd day free program to always be there.

Well BG is offering it right now. So that is probably why seaworld isn't. Also see world lost a good amount of money by doing the preschool program for 2 yrs. $10 for a 2nd day I think is still a great deal. SW and BG are the only local parks that we go to cause they offer a lot better incentives compared to Disney.

Well BG is offering it right now. So that is probably why seaworld isn't. Also see world lost a good amount of money by doing the preschool program for 2 yrs. $10 for a 2nd day I think is still a great deal. SW and BG are the only local parks that we go to cause they offer a lot better incentives compared to Disney.

Maybe we can "splurge" and pay the $10 for a 2nd day. Or perhaps, as summer nears, SWO will again offer the free 2nd day. I'll keep a watch on what happens. :)

Just to follow-up, we did the ten dollar second day deal with no problem. We had two adult tickets and two "free" kids tickets and were able to add the second day at guest relations on all four tickets with no trouble at all.

Again, thank you Anglemom for such good advice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter