2nd day free at Universal

leslieh

DIS Veteran
Do they ever have these anymore? we are coming down in the middle of January, really only need one day for some first timers, but would like the option of coming back the next day for a bit. The only other option was two day or three days passes? Where to find the best prices?

Thanks

I haven't seen any free days for tickets since the Harry Potter area opened up.

AFAIK I haven't heard them doing this since before Harry Potter opened and I doubt you will see it again.

if you have a 1 day park ticket and wish to return the next day, upgrade that ticket.

go to guest services while you are still in the park and upgrade by paying the difference of the 2 day ticket.
you need to do the upgrade before you leave the park.
you can not do it once you exit.

it is cheaper to do that than to buy another one day ticket.

I second Macraven's post. If you want to spend a second day just upgrade it at guest services or over the phone.

As for free days, they used to do that, but with WWOHP not anymore. Now, people are typically spending more than one day because of that attraction. So, I would not expect second day free. What they might do sometime in a third day free because they are still struggling to bring people there for more than one day. They would probably advertise it like: 3rd Day free when you purchase a 2 Day Park-to-Park Ticket.

Just to make sure I understand this: I buy a 1 day, 2 park pass...I go to USF and then I go over to IOA...it is park closing and I have more to see in IOA...before I exit, I can pay an additional amount and upgrade our 1 day, 2 park passes to 2 day, 2 park passes? Any idea what the additional cost would be? Like $ 60 per pass ???

Just to make sure I understand this: I buy a 1 day, 2 park pass...I go to USF and then I go over to IOA...it is park closing and I have more to see in IOA...before I exit, I can pay an additional amount and upgrade our 1 day, 2 park passes to 2 day, 2 park passes? Any idea what the additional cost would be? Like $ 60 per pass ???

Yes. Although, if I were you, I would just purchase a two day base ticket in advanced because it is actuarially cheaper than a one day park to park ticket, but once you purchase a PtP ticket you cannot switch it down to a base.

A one day park-to-park ticket costs $120. A two day park-to-park costs $135. So you would just pay the differnce which is $15 plus tax per ticket.

I am glad I came across this posting. We are visiting Universal & IOA in June. It will be our fist time with our DS(11). I was going to buy 2 day park to park access from Undercover Tourist. Maybe I should buy one day park to park access & then if we want & need to buy the 2nd day, I could before we leave the park. We might not want to go the second day & visit a water park instead because it is June.:confused3 My DS loves the 3-D rides & some roller coasters but not the very extreme. I know we won't be doing the kiddie stuff either.
Any opinions & thoughts about tickets in June?

I am glad I came across this posting. We are visiting Universal & IOA in June. It will be our fist time with our DS(11). I was going to buy 2 day park to park access from Undercover Tourist. Maybe I should buy one day park to park access & then if we want & need to buy the 2nd day, I could before we leave the park. We might not want to go the second day & visit a water park instead because it is June.:confused3 My DS loves the 3-D rides & some roller coasters but not the very extreme. I know we won't be doing the kiddie stuff either.
Any opinions & thoughts about tickets in June?
You can do either. Buy the one day park to park and upgrade before you leave or go ahead and purchase the two day park to park. You don't have to go two consecutive days so you can skip a day in between for the water parks.

If I upgrade my 1 day park to park access ticket to 2 days before I leave the park, how much will that cost us?

There is a google ad on this page for Buy a day, get a 2nd day free. Is that a legit deal? Has anyone bought it?

The deal would save me a lot of money, but I'm not clear on whether this gives you access to both parks or not. I wonder if this is for another park and not the one in Orlando.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter