• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$295!!!....(For Disney)

Tiggerlover91

DIS Veteran
That's what I have saved in my Disney savings jar for our trip in 2006. :tongue: :Pinkbounc
I've only been saving since May 1st, so that's not too bad is it? I've been putting $20 a week in along with odd dollars and loose change. By time our trip rolls around, it will be loooooooooong paid for. :teeth: ::yes::
Someone had a good idea by keeping up with what I have paid for. So right now, if the Play 4 Passes don't come out the year DH and I go, but I'm sure they will as they have 5 years straight, then I have one of our 4 day hopper passes paid for. On the Disney site they go for about $215 and that's after taxes. I would just do a "will pick up" to save a few dollars. On the other hand if the Play 4 passes do come out, then I've got BOTH of them paid for already!! WOW!! :hyper:
This is pretty exciting. I think when I reach the $400 mark, I'm going to put the money into the bank in a whole new account that I won't have easy access too. No checks, no debit card, or ATM card. If I want the money, then I have to physically go into the bank to get it. This money right now stands to be emergency money only until May of 2005 rolls around. That's when it will "officially" become my Disney savings. Right now, bills come first and if anything unexpected comes up, that's what the savings jar is for.
I'M SO EXCITED THOUGH! I've been so disciplined saving this money and only digging into it two times since I've been saving. Each time though, I've put the money back plus a little extra. :p

:wave: :sunny:

Congratulations, Tiggerlover91! Doesn't it feel good to equate the money saved to a segment of your trip?

You're 'way ahead of me; I don't use cash a great deal, so I only accumulate $30 or so per month. But it's that much extra, isn't it?

Originally posted by Taja
Congratulations, Tiggerlover91! Doesn't it feel good to equate the money saved to a segment of your trip?

You're 'way ahead of me; I don't use cash a great deal, so I only accumulate $30 or so per month. But it's that much extra, isn't it?

Hey Taja!
Every little bit helps! It's $30 a month that you didn't have before right?
Thanks for the congrats and yes it feels great equating money saved to a segment of my trip....especially tickets, since they can be the most expensive part! :tongue:

You are saving at a terrific rate!

I am also using the suggestion to keep up with what is paid for. We are taking my BIL with us this time, and he is definitely on a budget.

I was trying to explain to him yesterday that (due to my rewards programs), we have two Marriott rooms paid for on the drive back, enough gift cards for a great dinner at Bahama Breeze, and free tickets to the Kennedy Space Center. He still can't believe it!

I have added a "budget" page to our itinerary showing the paid-for items and savings from the "change Jar" (giant crayon bank), for this trip and the two trips next year.

I LOVE planning & saving for WDW!

Barbe

What is a Play 4 Pass? How did you get free Kennedy Space Center Tickets? My change jar was $65.00 last week. Been saving for 2 months. Am switching in to high gear for the trip in Jan.2005. Any tips help. Thanks

Originally posted by decaff38
What is a Play 4 Pass? Thanks

The Play 4 Pass is a 4 day hopper pass made especially for FL residents. It has come out the last 5 years and it only cost us $109 before taxes to where the normal 4 day hopper passes go $215 after tax. :eek:
There are restrictions on when the pass can be purchased and used, but that's usually not known til it comes out. This year it was out from Jan to early June. Last year it was out from April to September. It just really depends.
And finally....you're welcome! :teeth: :tongue:

Ya'll are all doing great! I have saved about 90 dollars so far since we returned home from WDW on June 6th. But that was scrounging around for all of the change I could find lying around in the house - but it is a good start!!!

It is fun planning and saving for your nest Disney trip!!

Donna::MinnieMo

I started saving change about two weeks ago when I read the thread of saving it. I don't know how much I have, I put it in a glass jar with a small opening, so I couldn't get at it!! But it also means I will have to break the jar to count it too. So, I guess it is probably best, or I would be "nickel and diming" it all the time!

BUT, we had a garage sale Saturday and sold over $600!!!! WOWZA....... Unfortunately though I have dental bills I have to pay off with this, but still!!! And I really had nothing spectacular, some bikes we sold for 10 dollars, but a lot of .25 & .50 cent items. What a great time we had too. We are going to "PLAN" for our next one, buy good deals at garage sales and save them for our sale. My brother is an auctioneer so we go a lot and we find good deals.............

I have no idea when our next trip is going to be. But I am definately going to keep up on the change savings, and maybe my next yard sale can go towards disney if no other bills arise!!!

Unfortunately my husband doesn't share my "love for the mouse". So I am saving on my own :mad: He likes it, but thinks it is expensive and doesn't think it changes enough for him to want to go again anytime soon. ( I have thought about just going with me and the kids, and leaving him home, that would save $$$$ but I don't think I would have as much fun without him, he does enjoy himself once we are there!!

Keep up the savings everybody!!! And good luck!!!!

Renee:sunny: :wave:

I'm also saving for a far-off trip -- Oct. 2006, which will be dh's and my 15th anniversary. It's going to be hard not going 'til then (we're DVC members and are used to going at least once a year) but we're putting a master suite on the house so there's just no money for a vacation this year, and we want to make sure our anniversary trip is really *special*!!

I've been saving change since April and have $265 in my ING account. My goal is $50/month (for now -- next year that will increase) but so far I've exceeded that every month. :)

This way, saving is painless! I don't feel like I'm taking money away from the home improvements, yet I'm also still being proactive in getting ready for a debt-free trip in 2 years! :teeth:

Tiggerlover91,
Depending on what time of year you are planning to go - a FL Residents seasonal pass would be cheaper than the four day hopper pass and you would probably get a lot more use out of it (of course you'd have to go a lot more :D )

Originally posted by nowellsl
Tiggerlover91,
Depending on what time of year you are planning to go - a FL Residents seasonal pass would be cheaper than the four day hopper pass and you would probably get a lot more use out of it (of course you'd have to go a lot more :D )

Hey....thanks for the advice. :p :D

However, I'm looking to get the Play 4 Hopper passes which only run about $109 before taxes a peice. They fit perfectly into my budget as I only go to Disney once a year and at that rate, DH and I only go about every 3 years or so.
The Play 4 Passes have come out every year for the last 5 years at the time DH and I travel to Disney so that's why they work out perfectly for us. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter