29 months vs. 35 months

Dreamer24

Mouseketeer
We are trying to decide if we should go in April when our son will be 29 months or October when he'll be 35 months. I'm leaning towards April because I love the weather at that time. My husband thinks there will be more for our son to enjoy closer to 3 instead of 2.5.

Will a child enjoy disney more closer to 3? We've been many times but never with our son.

I haven't been with my son yet, but he'll be 3 next month when we go. The only big difference I could think of is having an extra few months to grow. For instance my son loves rides so I'm really wanting to take him on the 7DMT, which he's just tall enough for now. But developmentally- I think he would have enjoyed Disney just as much a year ago as he would a year from now. I know he's changed a lot in the past 6 months, but not enough that I would worry about basing a trip off of it personally.

We just got back 2 weeks ago..our daughter will be 3 in January. She loved everything she could go on. She wasn't tall enough for 7DMT, Splash Mtn, or the other big thrill rides (she's only 36 inches) but she knows from other amusement park trips that she isn't big enough for certain rides. We also have a daughter who turned 1 while we were there. Both of them loved the rides, characters, parades, etc. It's so much fun experiencing Disney with them!

We took my son at 27 months and my daughter a week shy of 3. My son did ok, but he was much whinier and way less verbal. We thought 6 months later would have been better. Her naps were more flexible and she just "got it" more. I'd vote for later if you can swing it.

Where are you at with potty training? It didn't click with my first son until he was a little bit older. I would say you probably don't want to go while you are in the thick of it.

Though if you go when he is 29 months and he loves it, you might be able to swing another trip when he is 35 months too before he needs a ticket.

It sounds like it might make sense to wait until October.

We aren't really potty training yet at 23 months. He used the potty at night before bath but has no interest in it at any other time of day.

We will only be able to do one trip next year, and it will probably be a few years before we could make it back.

In early October is pretty rainy with hurricane season. (Sometimes). We just returned and my son was just shy of 28 months. It was a GREAT trip. We've gone several times with him but this one was so special. He understood so much and was just excited. His being in a diaper was actually a huge plus because then we didn't have to worry about being in line when he went potty, etc. it was a wonderful trip!

I don't think there is that much difference in the age/enjoyment factor.

For me it would be the he is under 3 and free factor. I made sure each of my kids went once for 'free', ok it's really just free for the parks and buffets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter