• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

29 days to go - My top "simple" pleasures of WDW

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
There are many big attractions at WDW and I'm looking forward to doing them again on our next trip at BLT. But, I've lately been looking and trying to enjoy the simple things in life. My thoughts have wandered to some of my simple pleasures at WDW.

1. Walking hand in hand with wife in World Showcase after having a lime Margarita in Mexico. World showcase is my favorite spot to relax with my girl. Mexico Margaritas are one of our most favorite pleasures of WDW.
2. Quiet morning walks with background music. One spot I love is the walk from Beach Club to Epcot. The speakers are hidden and you can enjoy the music, smell before the heat of day. I love this part of day with few people and the day just warming up.
3. Background music - I love the park music. Must pay attention to it no matter where I roam. I listen to park music daily on Internet radio stations.
4. Boardwalk area - Love the view of water, hotels and restaurants. A few things I've not done there that I'd like to try are watching a street performer, Karaoke, restaurants and the DVC presentation on Wednesday in Atlantic hall.
5. Location - We totally loved staying at BC and Swan for the ability to walk into EPCOT. Can't wait to walk into MK from BLT.
6. People watching - Angry, confused, happy, cute or whatever. All the emotions are displayed for my enjoyment. I'm mostly a laid back analytic type person so I can sit back and enjoy the emotional crazies. No better place to see great joy in the little kids or a meltdown from an kid or adult.
7. Landscaping, pools and themes. Recently saw a tv program where they built a Disney pirate theme in the families backyard. Just need to take it all in slowly and take lots of pictures and video.
8. Performers - Must stop and enjoy performers scheduled or not and even get in the act. Some fun times are when we've been involved and hammed it up. Will try and check times of performers that are scheduled.
9. Happy feeling - The minute I get in the property past the main gate and to my room, the joy feeling begins. Zipidy doo da!!!
10. CM customer service - I love the Disney service. Welcome Home, Happy Birthday, mousekeeping animals, love it all. The cornier the better.

Did I miss any of your favorite simple pleasures?

Hurray for you!

I love Disney and as an adult I find pleasures in the small stuff, too. One of my favorites is to sit in the lobby at AKL and smell the wonderful smells of Boma and Jiko while watching the calvacade of passersby. I also love the Tree of Life trails, they are quiet and astounding.

Hope you have a great time in 29 days!

One of my favorites is to sit in the lobby at AKL and smell the wonderful smells of Boma and Jiko while watching the calvacade of passersby
Great one. I should do a posting on the smells of WDW.

We're planning a half day at AKL for pool and dinner at Boma. Will try and take it all in.

Wow, what a relaxing email. Lots of people don't realize how relaxing it is to stay in one of these resorts but that is what I love about them. To totally escape.

Where are the internet radio stations that play park music?

Where are the internet radio stations that play park music?

Relaxing will become a theme as I become a more mature DVC owner.

As for park music via Internet:

Live365.com - Mouse House Radio, Magical Mouse, Mouse Junkies, Sorcerer's Radio, Mouse World Radio, Reedy Creek
WunderRadio iPhone app has Mouse World Radio

:thumbsup2

My favorite thing to do in WDW - Relax!

Walking around World Showcase and Animal Kingdom just listening to the music.
Sittng on my balcony at OKW.
All the CMs at the resorts & parks.
Loving Disney more as an emptynester just enjoying all the little things that makes us smile. :)

We're planning a half day at AKL for pool and dinner at Boma. Will try and take it all in.

There's no pool hopping to either Jambo or Kidani's pools, but enjoy your day trip! We often bring our DGC to Jambo house to see the animals from the viewing areas.

Our simple pleasure is simply being able to wake up as a family and all being together.Then making that big decision if we are going to go to the pool or take in a park for a little while.
The only thing we really plan in advance is where we are eating ( 6 month mark) and not having to cook or do dishes.
So far we have only woke up early once in all our stays. This was when we were staying at AKV so we could go to AK with early park hours so we could ride Everest with hardly any line and then went back to our pool.
I guess i could sum it up " life in the slow lane" when we are at Disney.

Our simple pleasure is simply being able to wake up as a family and all being together.

Good one. Totally agree and this is one that means even more as my three are now getting older. At 19, 17 and 15, the days of us all together are coming to an end. So glad my 19 year old is coming this year. Might be a while before he can come again.
So far we have only woke up early once in all our stays.
We'll try and do the opposite. We love rope drops and we'll do them in the summer for sure. Gets tough as week progresses. Gotta love those nights when I'm asleep before head hits the pillow.

There's no pool hopping to either Jambo or Kidani's pools, but enjoy your day trip!

Bummer. Planned on checking this out but now I know. Thanks. Maybe a couple Kali River Rapids will get the job done. :cool1:

We own at BLT too, and just came back from an 8 day split stay: studio lake view for 4 nights, then switching to a 1 bedroom MK room for the last 4 nights of the trip. :)
Here's some more: Swimming in the BLT pool at night, if you have a MK view, getting up early and having a cup of coffee on the balcony, and watching the castle. Seeing the monorail going through the Contemporary, seeing the beautiful view of the GF across the lake...If you have a lake view, watching the early morning boats cross the lake, seeing the sunrise...all is so quiet and peaceful before the 'world' wakes up :) Have a great time, can't wait to go back!!

Simple pleasures - 'The joy feeling' , smells ( cinnamon), landscaping, Weather, suspension of disbelief, Coffee, The family being together, no work, food, wine and Maybe some Spa time!

My wife and I love to stay at the Boardwalk and make sure we get the boardwalk view. That way we go out on our balcony with a bottle of wine at night. Watch the comings and goings of people on the boardwalk and all the nightly events there. We just sit and talk, hold hands and watch the fireworks go off at EPCoT. Its one of the best things in the entire world.

My wife and I love to stay at the Boardwalk and make sure we get the boardwalk view. That way we go out on our balcony with a bottle of wine at night. Watch the comings and goings of people on the boardwalk and all the nightly events there. We just sit and talk, hold hands and watch the fireworks go off at EPCoT. Its one of the best things in the entire world.

I really want to do a stay at BWV with the boardwalk view in the future. Really struggled with decision on home resort. I will try your idea on the BLT balcony as a substitute. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter