27th Birthday dinner --OHanas or Cinderella's Royal Table

Irish Kelly

Earning My Ears
Greetings everyone!

I leave on Tuesday night (arrive Wednesday morning) for my long awaited trip to Disneyworld!:bounce:

We have priority seating at Chef Mickeys dinner on Tuesday the 25th, and I'm really looking forward to that.

May 28th is my :bday:. And we had originally made reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner, but now I'm thinking of changing and going to Ohana's instead... We are 3 adults traveling together

can I get some opinions???

Thanks very much!

Welcome to the Dis Irish Kelly, and Happy Birthday:Pinkbounc

If someone who is 27 is interested in having one or two adult libations with dinner, then Ohana is your only choice. I think the food is better too.

Howver, if you must dine with a princess....;)

Tough choice, I loved Ohana but I've always wanted to have a meal inside the Castle. I turn 27 later this year and if I had to choose I think I'd pick Cinderella's Royal Table. Just seems like it might be a little more special for a birthday celebration. If you do pick Ohana though you won't be disappointed, the food is wonderful and the atmosphere is very nice! :)

I know this may be a silly reason but I would choose Ohana because you can get some tropical drinks there with your meal. The meal itself is great too, but Ive never eaten dinner at CRT so I cant base my choice on the food. ;)

Thanks for your replies everyone!

I'm definitely leaning towards Ohana's... I'm one of those very picky people, and I'm thinking that Ohana's is more appealing... and the wide variety of 'adult libations' is appealing... Hey, you only turn 27 while at Disneyworld once! :drinking1

One worry of mine, is that I have quite a severe allergy to macadamia nuts... I noticed that it is used in at least one of their deserts... I wonder if I called ahead, they can ensure that I don't get anything contaminated with Macadamia nuts... (But no worries, I do have an epi-pen...)

My $0.02. If it was ME (and I am what my husband kindly describes as "unique") I would eat at CRT. But I am a Cindererlla Fanatic. I would probably show up in my cinderella shirt and my tiarra!! You can head over to Epcot after dinner for MANY adult drinks. That's jusst me. Unfortunately my 27th was last year and we won't be there for my 28th. :( Maybe for my 29th!

Irish Kelley, my DS has a peanut allergy and we were able to eat at Ohana no probelm...peanut sauce and all. ;) The chef came out to talk to us and they were very careful to be sure DS had a safe meal(he got a kids meal anyway, but still).

I ate at CRT for my 26th birthday dinner in January. We had a window seat for Wishes, which was really neat. Couldn't see everything but it was still a really neat experience. The food was also very good, actually we've had several really nice dinners here. They did the confetti on the table and the whole bit.

We've also had several really nice dinners at 'Ohana, and I have to agree the 'tropical libations' were excellent. We also had a window seat for Wishes from here, and that was also great (probably a better view too). I don't have a nut allergy but I am very allergic to pork. I called ahead and mentioned it at check in and the 'Ohana staff were very careful for me. I'm sure they could accomodate you no problem.

It's hard to choose based on the food. I'd have to say I think the castle wins for magic. I'd probably vote for eat in the castle and go elsewhere for drinks afterwards. Or go to the Kona Cafe for drinks and dessert. Yummy!

Have a wonderful birthday. :)

I would do CRT only becuase it has a much more "special occassion" feel. If you can get a seat in the window at CRT, the fireworks are incredible and have a very "up front" feel - different than when you've seen them from anywhere else. Your server will also often help you celebrate with a special "gift" to commemorate the event.

Ohanas is great and fun but doesn't feel incredibly "special occasion".

Here are my opinions of pro's and con's:

CRT pros: Great fireworks view if you can seat by the window, incredible theming eating inside the castle, pixie dust everywhere

CRT cons: no fruity drinks (meaning alcohol), mediocre (at best) food, having to face the crowds to get out the park after

OH pros: fruity drinks, slightly better food, easier access after dinner to go someplace else and keep celebrating

OH cons: bigger "less special" restaurant

Either way - happy birthday! You can't go wrong with a bday at WDW!

Do both!

Keep your dinner reservations for Cindy's, but eat lunch at Ohanas.

You can get the best of both worlds that way!

:bday:

The steak at CRT (some time ago!) but we still talk about the meal we had here
2452Scan0004_600_x_428_-thumb.jpg

Originally posted by LadyBears
Do both!

Keep your dinner reservations for Cindy's, but eat lunch at Ohanas.

You can get the best of both worlds that way!

:bday:

I believe Ohana only does breakfast & dinner, however Cindys does all 3 meals.

We were an all adult party of 6 when we ate at CRT this past Dec. and had a great time. The food & service were just great. I would suggest you eat at CRT on your birthday. After all how often do you get to celebrate your birthday in a castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter