$279 per night at Royal Pacific a good price?

evie308

Earning My Ears
Our family of 5 will be at Universal for 4 nights 1st week in July. I am very frugal but decided to splurge on the hotel mainly for the unlimited express pass.

The rate I got is $279 per night. Is this a good rate or should I wait for a promotion? (currently no promotions for July except for the Best Rate).

TIA!

I booked a standard room with 2 queen beds. I booked directly with Loews because if I went through Universal I will be charged $50 if I were to change the reservation (i.e. if a promotion became available and the room rates were cheaper).

With Loews I can modify or cancel the reservation without penalty 5 days before the 1st night.

You can call them directly for a AAA rate and see if that is cheaper. AAA rates are not available online.

WHen I first booked through Universal late last year, I got the rack rate ($305) for June 21-24 for RPH Std Room. I called this morning and got the AAA rate for $278 one night, $273 the other 2.

For 5 nights you should be able to book a stay more save more. If you stay 7 nights, you'll save even more per night. Check out this rate option where Bombershoot posted.

I didn't have time to mention earlier... The site I linked to is Loews; it just shows all 4 hotels at once. Makes things nice because sometimes the prices get floopy and suddenly Portofino will be less expensive than Royal, etc. Sometimes that's just because the only rooms available at one are the bigger/fancier rooms while the other hotel has standard rooms, but sometimes it's for other mysterious reasons. :) I like seeing all the options together.

It'll show the lowest publicly available rate. And sometimes an AP rate will exist that is so good that it actually makes financial sense for someone in the group to buy an AP instead of just a ticket. This is a little easier now because the AP department now says that even the Power Pass qualifies for the hotel discounts. If you want to check for such a rate, put "APH" into the code field.

And be sure to check for new rates often. Things do change, and it's worth it to check, just in case.

I booked a standard room with 2 queen beds. I booked directly with Loews because if I went through Universal I will be charged $50 if I were to change the reservation (i.e. if a promotion became available and the room rates were cheaper).

With Loews I can modify or cancel the reservation without penalty 5 days before the 1st night.

I book through Universal all the time. I usually make multiple changes and never have been charged a thing. You can also modify or cancel up to 5 days before without penalty through Universal. I'm not sure where you got your information.

That's a pretty decent price being it's July. I always try to book hotels through an site like expedia or Travelocity. I booked RPR for the second week of March for $329 a night but found a promo code that saved me 20% or about 75 dollars since I have a third adult in the room.

I book through Universal all the time. I usually make multiple changes and never have been charged a thing. You can also modify or cancel up to 5 days before without penalty through Universal. I'm not sure where you got your information.

I think they are referring to booking a package through Universal. There are definite change fees when you book a package and then make changes. If you simply use the Universal website to book room only, you can make the same changes as if you book through the Loews website to book a room only. I think they are using the same database.

I think they are referring to booking a package through Universal. There are definite change fees when you book a package and then make changes. If you simply use the Universal website to book room only, you can make the same changes as if you book through the Loews website to book a room only. I think they are using the same database.

Got it. Disney does the same thing with packages. I always just call Universal to book. I usually have a pin or some other discount I want to apply.

Orbitz has a good deal through tomorrow...code Bikini gets 20% off . Brought our 2 queens room w three guests down from $309 to $247.20. Orbitz will charge in full at booking, but there's Free cancellation up until a week in advance.

Our family of 4 are staying at the RPH July 15-18. I booked it directly through the Loews at $304 a night AAA's rate was I believe $331. I just called Loews and they gave a AAA rate of $273.60. I just got a email confirmation with the new rate. Not sure if you have to pay extra for a 5th person.

Can you book it directly at the hotel sites and still get all the perks for early access and express passes or are you required to go through Universal?

Can you book it directly at the hotel sites and still get all the perks for early access and express passes or are you required to go through Universal?

You can book anywhere and you'll still get the hotel perks.

Are you really able to book one of the Lowes hotels anywhere and still get the hour early and express pass? Thanks!!

I booked directly with Loews for RPH on my print out it says don't forgot your perks of the express pass and early entry to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It also says on-site hotels enjoy these perks. So I would say it doesn't matter where you book the on-site hotel.

Yes, you can most definitely use any website to book a Loews DELUXE hotel at Universal and get unlimited express and early admission.

Cabana Bay will only get early admission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter