26 Year Old Couple on our way to Disney-What should we not miss?!?!

megbro

Earning My Ears
We are on our way to Disney October 21. We are young and will be there for 5 nights and 4 full days! What should we ABSOLUTELY not miss?! Definitely planning on the F&W Festival but what other things should we do? Restaurants, parks, rides, etc etc etc! READY....Set....Go...:thanks::thanks:

I highly reccommend resort exploring. The deluxe and moderate resorts both have so much to offer in terms of style, immersion and activities.

You didn't say where you are staying? Definitely recommend beach club or yacht club it is so central. Go to Epcot one of your first days if you don't see everything you might want to go back. It's our favorite, yet we love every park. Spend the least time at magic kingdom but we have Disneyland.

Must see the Fireworks at least one night. Try to catch a parade. Drink Around the World would be fun :)

We will be there in October. We are planning on F&W, we are also going to MNSSHP, and visiting the parks. We usually make ADRs in the signature restaurants, but this time we only have one ADR.

You also haven't shared where you are staying. We are staying at the BW and we plan to go to Jellyrolls, something we have missed the last two times we went. There is so much that goes on on the BW. Have a great time!

We are staying at the Sports Resort. We do not want to be on a budget once we get there, so we needed to cut some costs somehow! We are also making the 12 hour trek by car. Some good bonding time at least, right? ;)

I would love to make some ADR's. Any suggestions? We have the Dining Plan and will only be "eating" 4 of the 6 days we have the plan! So we have some room for some nice ones!

We are planning on doing Epcot on Wednesday of that week since it will be open until Midnight. I'm not sure whether to make an ADR there since the F&W is going on, or just use all of our snacks tasting everything!

We were planning on doing MNSSHP, do you think that one night will be enough Magic Kingdom? And then use two tickets at Epcot? I'm not sure because my DBF (Disney Boy Friend-ha-is that correct!!!???) says Magic Kingdom is his favorite, but he hasn't been since he was a kid!

If Jellyrolls is anything like Howl at the Moon you will all have a BLAST! We go to our local dueling piano bar for every special occasion. Hope we can make it to Jellyrolls at some point. Anything else cool on the boardwalk?

What is Drink around the World????
This is one of our favorite things to do! At Epcot in the World Showcase you attempt to have an alcoholic drink in every country, nice that Disney provides the DD! Since it is Food and Wine it makes it all the more challenging. We will be there from SEP 27 thru OCT 3 just to do drink around the world during F&W. You can follow our adventure on twitter @DisneyDrunks. We have a drinking team for this event, lol. Also I would just use your snack credits at F&W and eat around the world. It's our favorite time to go to the House of the Mouse. Hope this helps.

I love that there is people my age out there (especially couples) that are just like my boyfriend and I!

Here's some tips from my perspective....

-Make sure you go to Blizzard Beach one day! (You can drink here now)
-Eat in Epcot as much as you can. The dining in Mexico, China and Italy are amazing.
-DRINK AROUND THE WORLD. It is so much fun, but gets expensive of course.
-Make sure you make time for all the shows at night time within each park. I.e.- epcot- Illuminations.... MK- electrical parade and wishes. (I hear there is a dessert package you can get at in tomorrowland where you can sit and watch the fireworks together). And don't forget fantasmic! Such great shows :)
-Go to the Polynesian and go to the bar and get drinks then proceed to beach!
-make sure you wake up early and stay late to beat the little ones...
-Downtown Disney is awesome.
-If you want to surprise them, go to disneyfloral.com they have gifts on there where they will put the stuff in your room while you are out at the park. (Minus alcohol, they will leave it at the front desk so you sign for it)
-Personally, one of our favorite things to do while we're in Epcot is to go to France and go to the pastry shop and get some sweets and champagne and watch the fireworks!!

Hope this helped a little bit!

I'm 23 and the mrs is 25 we go every year. A staple for us is wishes. Drinking around the world can be fun but if your going to food and wine don't hesitate to try things. Split up snacks and meals that way you can experience more of the food and varieties. We spend most of our time (during food and wine in particular) at epcot but they do have the best dining...As mentioned Mexico (la hacienda) the san angel tequilabar flite is only $21 italy (tutto) are big ones for us

FastPass Soarin' at Epcot the second you get in the gate
FastPass toy story mania the second you get into Hollywood studios should have Time to go to tower and rockin by the time your FastPass time comes up.
WISHES Fireworks for us is a staple, it's even when I proposed to my wife 2 years ago our absolute favorite.
Take advantage of extra magic hours for hopping on those must do rides since you'll have a shorter stay... Park hopper if you can, believe me it works out the best you'll be wishing you had more time.
Take your time there's no rush not even w some dinner reservations Disney accommodates well.
Expect big bus lines at closing time....
And if you enjoy a ride go on it a few times then move on. The smaller ones are great but sometimes I kick myself for not going on something "enough" after our trips (even though we try to go for atleast a week haha can't get enough)
The classics in the MK really make you appreciate Walt as a visionary (jungle cruise, pirates, small world peterpan) I suggest trying to get on them atleast once

I could go on and on so I'll leave you at that enjoy your one of many to come trips I am sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter