25th Anniversary trip come find out the five W's

If you think they are cute let me post the latest addition.

This is Tobias James. His proud parents would be my son Anthony and his wife Rachel. He was born on Jan 19, 2014.

As my trip is now so far away, and feels so shorter I need to redo my ADRs. I think my AK day is set. Tusker House for a prerope breakfast, then Flame Tree for late lunch early dinner. It was hard to admit no Yak & Yeti. I have done both cs and ts in my two trips. As for 50's and Brown Derby they will have to wait. I don't think either would have made the list even if trip wasn't cut short.

Oh, he is absolutely precious. :love:

We LOVE Flame Tree Barbecue. :)

Sorry I haven't made it over here in a really, really long time. I don't come over to the pre-trip report section often.

Congratulations on your new grandson. He is very cute! He looks very big.

I hope that he is one of the signs that 2014 will be looking up for you. Wishing a successful and speedy recovery from your surgery.

And most of all, thank you to you son for his service and to your entire family for your sacrifices.

It is fun making plans for Disney trips. Sounds like you have a few ideas in place.

:)

Congratulations on your precious grandbaby Sandy!!

I hope you are still recuperating nicely from surgery. Sounds like you are starting to get around??

I'd be interested to hear about an RV experience at Ft. Wilderness. Is there a DISboard section for camping? Truly I'm curious now. My hubby would probably love to stay at the cabins since he's the rugged outdoor type.

Oh, he is absolutely precious. :love:

We LOVE Flame Tree Barbecue. :)

Hi Kat, I have been drooling over FT since planning our trip back in 08. I hope I haven't set the bar to high. I still can't believe I forget about eating here when in AK.

Sorry I haven't made it over here in a really, really long time. I don't come over to the pre-trip report section often.

Congratulations on your new grandson. He is very cute! He looks very big.

I hope that he is one of the signs that 2014 will be looking up for you. Wishing a successful and speedy recovery from your surgery.

And most of all, thank you to you son for his service and to your entire family for your sacrifices.

It is fun making plans for Disney trips. Sounds like you have a few ideas in place.

:)

Hi Dee, No worries about not making it over here. I find myself not looking at this ptr to often either. I hope to start planning more soon. As for recovery I go back to work today. Still part time, but it looks like a promotion has been talked about. 2014 will be an exciting year, even with no Disney.

Congratulations on your precious grandbaby Sandy!!

I hope you are still recuperating nicely from surgery. Sounds like you are starting to get around??

I'd be interested to hear about an RV experience at Ft. Wilderness. Is there a DISboard section for camping? Truly I'm curious now. My hubby would probably love to stay at the cabins since he's the rugged outdoor type.

Hi Brenda, I go back to work today. So recovery is moving along. I don't know what I can post or not post here. I don't think the rv will work for us this trip. I do have two sites I have been looking at, Moore Camping Rentals and RV Rentals Orlando. Both have setup info about renting for FW. I know my hubby has been wanting to do the cabins since my trip in 11, but I am holding off for now. For the cost for just two of us is seems to much. Now if I would rent points I would do a Treehouse for the two of us.

I really shouldn't do comments when I am not fulling awake. I thought after a cup of coffee and being up for two hours I would be ok. So please read over any mistakes. And thank you call for kind words on my recovery, family growth and that you are still popping in. My goal is to start pulling old pics and start to get myself in planning mood soon. I do think I need to rename this trip as it is no longer an anniversary trip. How does ,"A Year Late but here I come sound". Ok no naming trips till after second cup of coffee. Have a great day all.

If you think they are cute let me post the latest addition.

This is Tobias James. His proud parents would be my son Anthony and his wife Rachel. He was born on Jan 19, 2014.

Congratulations on the addition to the family!

Hi all, I am still around! Sorry, it has been awhile since I updated here. My excuse, there are so many good tr and ptr on here to read then up date. Really, I wrote up a first draft for arrival day. Am working on getting some pics to go with it. Hoping to have update this weekend. I should warn that changes have already been made. With 522 days to go I am sure more changes will happen.

I know I have some followers that have been on disboards for years. Is it wrong to repost others people's pictures? I know I have asked some if they mind. I am only looking at post pictures of places and food, no pictures with people in them.

Glad your surgery went well and you are recovering...all good on the front.

New baby?? so so cute as is your wonderful family.

No hurt in thinking about planning...it keeps me happy when next trip may not come for awhile.

Glad your surgery went well and you are recovering...all good on the front.
Thank you! Recovering is going great. Dr says part will take a year to completely heal so still a little pain here and there.

New baby?? so so cute as is your wonderful family.
Thank you. I need to post both my Easter bunnies together.
No hurt in thinking about planning...it keeps me happy when next trip may not come for awhile.
I really have behaving myself and not have it all done by now. It surprises me that Chris has been giving his two cents on the planning. I got use to him just rolling his eyes till trip gets closer. :goodvibes

Hi all, I am still around! Sorry, it has been awhile since I updated here. My excuse, there are so many good tr and ptr on here to read then up date. Really, I wrote up a first draft for arrival day. Am working on getting some pics to go with it. Hoping to have update this weekend. I should warn that changes have already been made. With 522 days to go I am sure more changes will happen.

I know I have some followers that have been on disboards for years. Is it wrong to repost others people's pictures? I know I have asked some if they mind. I am only looking at post pictures of places and food, no pictures with people in them.

I don't know if the DIS has a "rule" on this or not. I personally don't see what the problem is if you credit the person who took the picture. You are welcome to any of mine without credit. :)

Hi Sandy! I would be shocked if anyone didn't make any changes to plans with over 500 days to go! :lmao: Seriously, I'm never completely satisfied so change is inevitable.

I agree with Kathy. I think most people don't care if you "borrow" photos if you give credit. Feel free to use any of mine as well.

I hope all is well. :)

I don't know if the DIS has a "rule" on this or not. I personally don't see what the problem is if you credit the person who took the picture. You are welcome to any of mine without credit. :)

Hi Sandy! I would be shocked if anyone didn't make any changes to plans with over 500 days to go! :lmao: Seriously, I'm never completely satisfied so change is inevitable.

I agree with Kathy. I think most people don't care if you "borrow" photos if you give credit. Feel free to use any of mine as well.

I hope all is well. :)

Thanks Kat and Brenda, I will take you up on your offer and use your pics. Should have update on arrival day up tonight.
As far as making changes this will happen till trip is over. I don't think I ever have stuck to the plan.

Hi! Well with roughly 516 days to go, I decided it is time to make my first rough draft for our Sept 2015 trip. Time to get ready to see this
[/URL
I started by asking Chris how he felt about arriving on Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2015.He said if our time off fit that would work. (He is a truck driver and likes to take full weeks off instead of half weeks.) So I am thinking our dates could be Sept 22 – Sept 30. Right now I am thinking we will stay at CBR! For tickets we will do 7 day hopper with water parks. (Sorry can’t remember full name and too lazy to look it up.)

Arrival day is going to be a no park day. This will take the pressure off of me trying to get us their early. Still should arrive by 10am. After checking in and exploring the resort, I think we will head over to DTD for lunch. I am sure we will eat at EOS. Thinking this we will pay out of pocket. (I should add we always do the dining plan.)We should have time to hit a water park. Now which one? I am thinking BB. Might as well close the place down at 5pm. By now we should have received a text saying our room is ready. (I know rooms should be ready for check in at 3.) So time to go find out what room we got. (Only real request is king size bed in corner room.) After some more pictures, maybe a nap, and a shower, time to head over to Polly for dinner at Ohana. I am hoping to get ADR in a time frame that after dinner we can relax on the beach and watch Wishes. Have to say this sounds like the perfect arrival day. :rotfl2: Until you hear changes that are going round and round in my head.

I apologize for not keeping up over here! I don't make it to the pre-trip reports very much- I am always trying to keep up with the regular TRs and the BC/YC FAQ... :rolleyes1

But, it is a school vacation week and a quiet house, so I decided to peek in over here!

I'm glad to hear you are continuing to plan (and change plans)- figuring out all the options is one of the fun parts for me when I am anticipating a trip.

Your first day sounds great. Although it is not a park day, sounds like it will be a busy, but flexible one. I loved watching the fireworks from the Poly beach after dinner at Ohana.

Great question. I think others have got the right idea- most would be flattered if you "borrowed" their photos, and gave credit. You are welcome to use anything I have posted. I think unless someone has signed their signatures or otherwise added a comment restricting the reuse, once they have posted something on a forum like this, it is fair game.

Agree with others. I don't think many people would mind you borrowing a picture around here.

Arrival day plans look good. It is always hard to resist the pull of going to a park when you get there though! I think a water park will be a nice way to relax yet still do something fun. :thumbsup2

Sandy, I like your arrival day plans!

We are doing a water park during the girls trip (I just posted about it in my update), but we are doing Typhoon Lagoon.

I love watching Wishes from the Poly beach. Unfortunately, that won't be happening this year with all the construction.

Sandy, your arrival day plans sound perfect - don't change anything! :lmao: The idea of not having the pressure to get to a park that first day sounds good. I've only done BB but I'm hoping to visit TL this next trip. My hubby is a water-park lover so he'd be happy with either.

I just heard that 'Ohana may have stopped serving the chicken. I'll have to confirm since that would bum me out. They just can't get rid of the bread pudding or they'd have mutiny on their hands. ;)

With F&W starting the 19th of September this year, you'll probably be there at a great time for that with those September dates. :thumbsup2

Agree with others. I don't think many people would mind you borrowing a picture around here.

Arrival day plans look good. It is always hard to resist the pull of going to a park when you get there though! I think a water park will be a nice way to relax yet still do something fun. :thumbsup2

I know MK always pulls me in.

Sandy, I like your arrival day plans!

We are doing a water park during the girls trip (I just posted about it in my update), but we are doing Typhoon Lagoon.

I love watching Wishes from the Poly beach. Unfortunately, that won't be happening this year with all the construction.

Can't wait to hear about TL. I went with BB thinking it is the one Chris will enjoy more. Can't wait to try both.

Sandy, your arrival day plans sound perfect - don't change anything! :lmao: The idea of not having the pressure to get to a park that first day sounds good. I've only done BB but I'm hoping to visit TL this next trip. My hubby is a water-park lover so he'd be happy with either.

I just heard that 'Ohana may have stopped serving the chicken. I'll have to confirm since that would bum me out. They just can't get rid of the bread pudding or they'd have mutiny on their hands. ;)

With F&W starting the 19th of September this year, you'll probably be there at a great time for that with those September dates. :thumbsup2

I wish nothing has to change. Chris isn't on board with this plan.:confused3 This is why I need so much time to plan things out. You won't believe his problem. He is also a water-park lover, is why I am doing water parks to begin with.
I read about them getting rid of the Chicken too. I hope they have some chicken. If not as long as they keep the shrimp and bread pudding I won't cross them off.
I am hoping to be there during F&W. Might change the dates if I need to. I always end up going the week before.

New ideas keep coming to mind. One for this trip is to try DDP this time. I tested the idea out on Chris and surprising he liked the idea. His reasons were 1) We might enjoy the down time eating!:rotfl:
2) We love to eat.
I only have one. I have more ADRs to make.
Only con is I keep hearing it is a lot of food.
I should also say that Chris feels the dd plan is a must. I have tried to show him numbers and he tells me to stop wasting time and stay with DD. I will say so far DD has been the best for us. (I do the math when we get home.)

We don't do a Dining Plan anymore since we have AP's and purchased the Tables in Wonderland card. I have heard the deluxe plan is a LOT of food. You've only picked out one ADR? Are you just not sure what you want or just waiting longer to decide.

As you know, we've switched...I should say the GIRLS switched us from TL to BB. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter