$25 OBC being discontinued?

Long Island Mickey

Earning My Ears
I was looking at special offers and in red letters see that at May 31 at midnight this offer expires. Do they change this date or is this another way for DCL to cut corners?

As it's May 1st, I'd bet it gets extended month by month for years in the hopes you'll see it and "book now." but have no clue.

As it's May 1st, I'd bet it gets extended month by month for years in the hopes you'll see it and "book now." but have no clue.

I don't know about that. For quite some time, they were offering 50% off the required deposit for guests who weren't booking onboard. That ran for a while and I haven't seen it since it ended. (Although that wasn't really a promotion and always made me wonder what the point was when you had to pay the money in the end anyway....)

It's such an insignificant amount in the grand scheme of things. It just looks bad to take it away now. The only reason I can think of for them to take it away is if they're going to do some sort of better SBC offer. But I'm not holding out any kind of hope for that.

I actually think that it probably doesn't play into things as much as it used to. Many cruisers are repeat cruisers booking on board so the $25 does not apply.

Additionally, I'm sure the administrative cost of crediting $25 OBC costs more than the $25.

I never leave the ship any more without placing at least a dummy booking. This ensures that I get a much larger OBC!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter