• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

25 annv

micsgirl

Earning My Ears
I love disney world and am wondering: do you love DISNEY WORLD enough that you would celebrate your 25th annv THERE?? :tinker::earsboy: and any suggestions for a great time for your annv....we've taken kids there many times, but have never done Disney 'alone'!!!!

A couple of years ago we went for our 22nd anniversary (2nd time without kids) we went on a carriage ride at Ft Wilderness, booked it for a time that Wishes was going off while we were on the ride so it added more romance! We also had dinner at CRT and we were given a very nice gift of 2 champagne flutes with CRT etched in them...total surprise to us! We were also chosen to ride the Fire Truck in the Family Day Parade....see pic to the left! Next yr we celebrate 25yrs and my Dh's 50th bday and part of the celebration will be in Disneyworld at the GF, hoping to book a couples massage pkg and maybe a specialty cruise too along with a dinner at V&A!!!

We spent our 25th anniversary there too, in Feb. 2008.

We'd had a few family trips, but the last one before then was in Sept. 2000, and our youngest was only 4 on that trip. We wanted to take her again, but since our anniversary was coming up, we took her with us. We ended up also taking our niece, who was about 9 then, and our daughter was 12 at the time.

We stayed 5 nights at the Wilderness Lodge, which was my dream resort, and 3 nights at the Dolphin. We spent the evening of our anniversary at California Grill. We had an interesting experience then: we had our own car, and as we left the Dolphin's parking lot, we could see the fireworks from Fantasmic at the Studios. Of course while at the Grill, we watched the fireworks in the Magic Kingdom. Then, at 9, we could just see the fireworks from Illuminations at Epcot.

So we saw all 3 fireworks that evening!

Anyhow, it was a fantastic way to spend our anniversary. We're getting a trip with just the 2 of us this November, only for 3 nights, but we're spending it at the Swan, and only going to Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival!!

We just got back from a 25th anniversary of the day we met. Spent four days at SSR and did something special each day. We have our 25th marriage anniversary booked for a DCL. We were married on a cruise ship.

Do whatever makes you and your loved one (family) happy (From Haunted Mansion DVD).

We celebrated our 25th anniversary alone in WDW in September of 2007. We had a wonderful time. We stayed at All Star movies during free dining. We proudly wore our Anniversery buttons each day and were congratulated many, many times. We received a card and balloon in our room from Mickey, Minnie and friends!!! We have fun with the kids but it was special with just the two of us!

We went in 1995 for our HM, and I have planned a surprise 15th anniv trip for DH and I at POFQ in November! :love: I cannot wait! :goodvibes We will get to enjoy all the adult treats WDW has to offer! You will have a wonderful time!

1) We had our 25th Anniversay dinner at Il Mulino's this April.
2) Great food and service (two waiters per table!).

We've been going to WDW for years and years and I always told my husband that we were going to return to GF RPC for a week for our 25th (we spent a week there for our 15th and had a marvelous vacation).

Well our 25th is in a few months. We are going to Egypt instead. :rotfl:

One of the most romantic things we have done at WDW was an Illuminations Cruise, just the two of us. We've done a few anniversary dinners at V&A also and they always make it special. If you love WDW, you can make it a very special place to spend an anniversary. We'e done several adults only vacations at WDW and have had a great time.

A 25th Anniversary? Somehow I can't help but think that a big pink castle cake should be involved somehow.....

:laughing:

There is nowhere else where I would want to spend our anniversary. :hug:

We are going in October to celebrate our 20th.

We've celebrated our 25th as well as lot of other anniversaries at WDW. We usually celebrate with dinner at Artist Point. They always give us a beautiful table, personalized menus, and last year we got a complimentary dessert. For our 25th, we went to a pick-a-pearl place. DH picked the oyster/pearl and I picked the setting. A beautiful anniversary gift!

A 25th Anniversary? Somehow I can't help but think that a big pink castle cake should be involved somehow.....

:laughing:

This had me cracking up - only becuase my first trip to Disney was my honeymoon in '97 - and my first glimpse of Cinderella's Castle....yep a big pink birthday cake!! It would be fitting for us if they brought that back in another 12 years :rotfl:

I love disney world and am wondering: do you love DISNEY WORLD enough that you would celebrate your 25th annv THERE?? :tinker::earsboy: and any suggestions for a great time for your annv....we've taken kids there many times, but have never done Disney 'alone'!!!!

Absolutely!! We honeymooned there, spent our 10th Anniversary there, and getting ready to celebrate #13 next month there. We have taken our children (8 and 5) two times now and we will all go again next year but doing Disney alone is a whole different kind of fun!! For our 10th we did an Illuminations Cruise and loved it!

We celebrated our 25th Anniversary at the Carribean Beach Resort on September 11. Our plan was to have dinner at the Brown Derby - our first date was at a Brown Derby in our home town - not the same restaurant, of course, but still the Brown Derby. As we all know, plans changed. We ended up having hamburgers at the food court,:goodvibes and spent the evening walking around the lake. It was still a great Anniversary for us because we were at Disney World. (Not such a great day for a lot of other people, though.)

We will be celebrating our 40th Anniversary at Disney World next year.:lovestruc I can't wait. Any day at Disney World is a great day - no matter what you do.

We celebrated our 25th Anniversary at the Carribean Beach Resort on September 11. Our plan was to have dinner at the Brown Derby - our first date was at a Brown Derby in our home town - not the same restaurant, of course, but still the Brown Derby. As we all know, plans changed. We ended up having hamburgers at the food court,:goodvibes and spent the evening walking around the lake. It was still a great Anniversary for us because we were at Disney World. (Not such a great day for a lot of other people, though.)

We will be celebrating our 40th Anniversary at Disney World next year.:lovestruc I can't wait. Any day at Disney World is a great day - no matter what you do.

My DW and I have talked about going down for our 25th...still have five years to plan.

My husband and I celebrated our honeymoon in Disney 11/1986 now I am starting to plan our adults only trip in Novemebr of 2011. May stay at POFQ as it is quiet and small. We have been many times with kids but I do remember how much fun we had as a young couple pre kids. I have not been to Disney since 2005 as sports, high school, now college have all gotten in the way....I CAN NOT WAIT!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter