That is so exciting! It is a stretch for us budget wise as well, but we are just doing it cheap. I think it will deff. be worth going to meet everyone who you are working with in person before the wedding, see the locations, taste the cake! As far as tickets go, me and DF are using are AP during our planning session. Have you considered that or do you want to wait to activate them until May?

I love Disney in November--You will too!! I know you're not buying park tickets, but maybe schedule around a night you can hit MVMCP which will give you a little park time for cheap :) We'll be there Nov 10-16 between Food and Wine and MVMCP. I need to see if I can schedule a site visit. We had to cancel ours in May because I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed at the Yacht Club :sad1: I absolutely love your dress... it's so pretty!! Can't wait to hear more!!

Hello Neighbor!!

I just stumbled upon your PJ and can't wait to read all about it - I am trying to convince my fiance to have a Disney wedding - we shall see!

We are getting so close to the 8 month mark! I've been working on filling out our planning session packet. I'm also strongly toying with changing our officiant. The one we have picked right now is not used very much by people on these boards and I really only had one review to go off of. I asked my planner about it and based on what we are looking for, she recommended another officiant and placed the one we have already chosen at the bottom of her recommended list. I really don't think there's much else to do until our planning session in November.

Other than that, not much to report! One of the gifts for my bridesmaids came in and I really like them. We are down one groomsman so our numbers are now really off but what can you do? DF is really disappointed over it but I guess it's better to find out that he (groomsman) isn't really a true friend now rather than a month before the wedding. Sad because they'd been friends since they were in elementary school, but what are you going to do.

We were looking at rings last week and I think we're going to both go with plain white gold bands. I'm thinking of doing two - one on each side of my engagement ring; it's Swedish tradition. It looked nice when I tried them on. I also like how much it will not cost us to do that - I could get a really fancy ring filled with diamonds but at the end of the day it is a.) too much money and b.) not my style!

I also need to start figuring out possible ADRs since we can book those in 2 months. My mom suggested not doing any ADRs with our guests after the wedding so it can feel somewhat like a honeymoon. I like that idea but I'd also feel bad about not doing any meals with our guests. DF's BIL has his birthday 2 days after the wedding so I think we will do a big group dinner that day. Other than that, not sure what we'll do. I don't know yet when people are traveling to/from Disney so it's hard to figure out who will be there on specific dates.

Hi Emilie! I just popped by to see how things were going for you, and I saw that you had posted this - must have been while I was gone!

I am sorry to hear about the dilemmas. The officiant is one of the most important parts of your day, so you really want to make sure that you have someone that you feel comfortable with. And as for the groomsman, it is unfortunate, but it will work out. Our numbers weren't even, and I was okay with it. The two most important people were there for me, and my other girl friend had a very good reason for not being able to make it. The pictures look fine, and I was very happy with everything.

Good luck with the ADR's! Why don't you make a couple with everyone, and then some for just the 2 of you? We had a couple of ADR's with family after the wedding, and then the rest of the trip it was just me and DH. It worked out very well for us, so it is something you might want to try.

I hope everything is going well for you!

Thanks so much! I haven't been in November since 1999 and I remember it being really nice. Anything is better than the freezing weather we had this last January! We're going Nov 15-18 so hopefully we can visit Epcot to catch some of the F&W Festival. :goodvibes

:( The F/W Festival ends the weekend before--but at least the crowds will be lighter. We're there the 10th-16th... can't wait!!

Very exciting! Old Key West is fabulous, and youll like it, I promise! I am trying to squeeze a graduation/anniversary/christmas trip in December or early January but the odds arent looking so good. If your pixie dust comes through,can you toss some over this way? :wizard:Please? Lol, your time is flying by! I hope mine starts to!

Yay planning session!! You are going to have so much fun. I hope that everything goes the way you want it to.

And how lucky are you to go on the cruise in 2012!! You are going to have a great time!! I would love to go on another cruise, and I had an amazing time on the Disney cruise that I went on so that would be my first pick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter