24 yrs. later, some questions

macbasset

Mouseketeer
We honeymooned in disney in 1972 and have stayed many times at the travel trailers (now cabins) but the last time was 1984--- we've been trying out the other hotels in the resort and doing disney cruises. Now we are coming back to FW for the memorial day weekend--- as senior citizens now. What is a really nice loop for a cabin that is close to transportation, especially the boat. Are there some loops that are preferred for cabins?

We will be dropped off by ground transportation at the outpost to check in--- how do we get to our cabin from there? (no car)

What's new at FW? The last time we were there, River Country was open. Are pools open still-- or are they being refurbished? When will that be done? What are your choices for food and times? What if we need to print our southwest boarding passes to fly home? Any printers somewhere? What time do buses/ boats start running and how late?

Thanks!

I'll pick a couple from in the middle: at check-in tell them you need a ride and a van will be called to cart you and your luggage to your cabin. When you are leaving just call the front desk for bell service again. The feature pool is nearly completed and will be a fair improvement over the old one. It should be done in the next couple of weeks (if not days!)

Enjoy your trip
:santa:

Ok, I'll answer one more, since I have the numbers on the tip of my tongue. None of the cabins are walking distance from the boat dock, unless you're a big walker: the closest is right at a mile and the furthest is just over 1.5 miles. Good news is that the internal buses run frequently and stop at most every loop.

Whew....1984!!! A LOT of changes have occured since then - too many to mention. Nor, would I want to spoil the surprise of discovering the changes for yourselves.

As far as the cabins are concerned....they are all located nearer to the check-in area, and are the furthest loops from the marina. There are two cabins that are the exception, and those are on the 100 loop. As far as I know, these are usually reserved for V.I.P.'s, but on occasion the "average Joe" lucks out and snags one of them. You could try to fax the front desk & request one of these cabins, but don't hold your breath.

Other than that....have a great trip!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter