• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

21st Birthday Disney World Ideas..

princessnikitaa

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any ideas about how I should celebrate my 21st birthday, there at WDW?
I'll be there for 2 days in May and then heading on a Disney Cruise!
I've done both things many times.. but would like to try something new.
Any drinks I should order? or places I should visit?

Thanks! :cake:

Too many drinks to list. The world showcase will have the most variety. And then there's the lapu lapu at the Polynesian. There's something to be said for drinking out of a pineapple.

Too many drinks to list. The world showcase will have the most variety. And then there's the lapu lapu at the Polynesian. There's something to be said for drinking out of a pineapple.

I've heard about the showcase! I'm super stoked to give that a try.
Have any favorites in mind?

Depends on your goal...... drinking to get tipsy or just the thrill of ordering your first drink legally?

Drinking to drink too much - just go to World Showcase and have fun. Pace yourself, get food, check dining options to learn about your choices in advance. I find mixing too many varieties of drinks gives me an upset stomach faster than the amount of alcohol does!

If it's really just going to be a fun first legal drink or two - you might check on Trader Sam's or Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar - go more for the atmosphere versus easy access route.

Personally I would do a drink around the world. Second option would be to have a drink around the MK Monorail Loop. Third option (and perhaps with a friend with a time limit) go to the tequila bar at Mexico...of course you could/should just make this one of your stops along the drink around the world tour.

Personally I would do a drink around the world. Second option would be to have a drink around the MK Monorail Loop. Third option (and perhaps with a friend with a time limit) go to the tequila bar at Mexico...of course you could/should just make this one of your stops along the drink around the world tour.

haha, thanks so much! I love these ideas. I'll probably be doing a Trip Report on this one specific trip. I think I'll do it the very day I arrive there!
Now that's what you call ambition!

Rather than drinking around the world (because that's always an option!), I'd be looking for a special experience to celebrate my birthday. Maybe make an ADR at California Grill and time it so that you can watch Wishes while enjoying a nice glass of wine or a post-dinner drink from the Observation Deck on top of the Contemporary, or something somewhat special like that.

I would suggest pacing and taking it easy on the booze. Get fewer drinks that you really like rather than quantity, and don't forget to eat before you start drinking. Looking back, I wished I had followed the advice I just gave.

Rather than drinking around the world (because that's always an option!), I'd be looking for a special experience to celebrate my birthday. Maybe make an ADR at California Grill and time it so that you can watch Wishes while enjoying a nice glass of wine or a post-dinner drink from the Observation Deck on top of the Contemporary, or something somewhat special like that.

Oh my! I love this idea! So different. That would be special especially since I've never been to California Grill!

I would suggest pacing and taking it easy on the booze. Get fewer drinks that you really like rather than quantity, and don't forget to eat before you start drinking. Looking back, I wished I had followed the advice I just gave.

I know how that goes already.. And it's so not fun!

Drinking Around the World -- although if you're there during F&WF, you might just pick and choose rather than trying to drink in every country, and the drink portions are smaller at F&WF booths too! Happy Birthday!!!

Drinking Around the World -- although if you're there during F&WF, you might just pick and choose rather than trying to drink in every country, and the drink portions are smaller at F&WF booths too! Happy Birthday!!!
First of all... I'm excited for your upcoming trip! I'm hoping to experience the festive holiday spirit at Walt Disney World Soon!
And I'm not sure if I will be there around that time, but if I am... I am sure going to take your advice!

1st I want to say a Disney Cruise is the best place to turn 21! I went on the Dream for my 21st last year and it was such a blast! Make sure to do a mixology class!!!!

Now to the question...

Of course drinking around the world is a fun but two other "bar crawl" 21st ideas are:

Drinking around Disney Springs, Start at Paridiso 37 or the Boathouse then Jock Lindsey's, Raglan Road, maybe Morimoto and ending the night at Splitsville after all the drinks would be a blast

Drinking around the Boardwalk Area - Start at Bluezoo (best bartenders on property IMO) then Il Mulino, Kimonos for a little karaoke, then end the night at Jellyrolls!

I second jellyrolls, it's a lot of fun and you could walk over there after doing World Showcase if you decide to go that route.

Choose a place with a lot of variety. La Cava in Epcot is lovely, but if it turns out you don't like tequila, there's not much to drink. Likewise, Trader Sams is great fun, and if you can get there sometime during your trip, you should- but all but two of the drinks are rum based, I think.

A nice dinner at the California Grill with its light (but tasty) cocktails, a fancy dinner, and Wishes sounds great to me. Later in the week (or maybe earlier in the day), both Epcot and Downtown are fantastic.

Downtown in particular, Raglan Road has a ton of imported beer, an okay wine list, scotch and Irish whiskey flights, then a good list of cocktails using small batch bitters and the like. Plus good food and loud music with pretty gals and handsome guys dancing. ;) The hanger bar is new and has a diverse list of cocktails, but the inside is very tiny; get there early. Morimoto's sake selection and intersting cocktail have become a new favorite of mine; probably only after Bluezoo in my 'neat cocktail' spots.

Really, though, anywhere you go you'll probably have fun. Try not too mix too much hard liquor, drink the hard stuff before wine and beer, and drink plenty of water. I'm a bit jealous- have a blast!

Choose a place with a lot of variety. La Cava in Epcot is lovely, but if it turns out you don't like tequila, there's not much to drink. Likewise, Trader Sams is great fun, and if you can get there sometime during your trip, you should- but all but two of the drinks are rum based, I think.

A nice dinner at the California Grill with its light (but tasty) cocktails, a fancy dinner, and Wishes sounds great to me. Later in the week (or maybe earlier in the day), both Epcot and Downtown are fantastic.

Downtown in particular, Raglan Road has a ton of imported beer, an okay wine list, scotch and Irish whiskey flights, then a good list of cocktails using small batch bitters and the like. Plus good food and loud music with pretty gals and handsome guys dancing. ;) The hanger bar is new and has a diverse list of cocktails, but the inside is very tiny; get there early. Morimoto's sake selection and intersting cocktail have become a new favorite of mine; probably only after Bluezoo in my 'neat cocktail' spots.

Really, though, anywhere you go you'll probably have fun. Try not too mix too much hard liquor, drink the hard stuff before wine and beer, and drink plenty of water. I'm a bit jealous- have a blast!

These are amazing tips! thank youuuuuu! I don't know much about the adult life in Disney but I am super excited to find out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter