21st Birthday at Disneyland

kbianca94

Earning My Ears
Let me start off by saying I'm am really new to disboards, I've heard great things about it and decided to give it a try. With that being said I am going to Disneyland for my 21st birthday the weekend of August 15th. I know it's no Vegas but I'm trying to do something fun with my boyfriend, we originally were going to take a trip out of state but Disneyland came up and I set my heart on it! I'm from San Diego and have been going to Disneyland almost every year since I was 3 years old, I want to make this visit extra special. The last memorable experience my boyfriend and I both have was GradNite in 2012. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to eat, where they serve alcohol if they do, and any secret cool places to see that I could've missed. Also I'm a Huge Star Wars fan so if you have any tips on that as well it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Disneyland is a great place to celebrate your birthday! :)

No alcohol is served in Disneyland, but alcohol is served throughout California Adventure. Cove Bar behind Ariel's Grotto is a fun place to grab a drink, or there's a great (but pricey) lounge at Carthay Circle. There are also several other restaurants and locations throughout the park to grab a beer or other beverage.

Also a fun "must do" place for a drink for me is Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel! You don't have to be a hotel guest to go there and they have a lot of really fun specialty drinks and the atmosphere can't be beat.

Disneyland is a great place to celebrate your birthday! :)

No alcohol is served in Disneyland, but alcohol is served throughout California Adventure. Cove Bar behind Ariel's Grotto is a fun place to grab a drink, or there's a great (but pricey) lounge at Carthay Circle. There are also several other restaurants and locations throughout the park to grab a beer or other beverage.

Also a fun "must do" place for a drink for me is Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel! You don't have to be a hotel guest to go there and they have a lot of really fun specialty drinks and the atmosphere can't be beat.

----Thank You so much we will definitely be visiting those places!

As the previous poster said: Celebrate your 21st at Trader Sam's! Make sure to order a Shipwreck. This may be my favorite bar, ever! You mentioned you're a huge Star Wars fan, have you been on Star Tours since it's been redone? This is one of my new favorites. I go on it every time I visit because each ride is different. I also always hope that they'll choose me as the rebel spy!

Happy early Birthday kbianca! You're on the right track doing DL on your 21st birthday. If you plan on any dining in the resort hotels, tell them it's your birthday and they will definitely hook you up (they'll ask you if you're celebrating anything special when you check in at the front). Did for my wife's b-day last trip and they gave her a chocolate cupcake, sung to by restaurant staff, and a birthday button to wear around the parks. The reaction you'll get from CMs and characters if they see you wearing the button will be nothing less than memorable. Also heard if you meet Red in CarsLand and tell him it's you b-day he'll sing (honk, actually) the Birthday song for you. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Happy early birthday! As previously posted, you can get alcohol throughout DCA. I usually head to the cozy cones, but for your 21st I would definitely suggest Carthay Circle lounge and Trader Sams. Have fun! :)

Happy Birthday!
If you are a Star Wars fan, I highly recommend doing a CS meal at Tomorrowland Terrace and watching the kids do Jedi Training Academy. It's so cute watching the little kids "beat up" Vader and Maul!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter