21st at Epcot

Sune4

Earning My Ears
So, my boyfriend and I have been to the parks together several times. This September we're going to Epcot - for my 21st birthday. :woohoo:

Whenever we go to Epcot though we're set on ride-hopping. Not to say we ignore mostly everything else, but this time we want to really *explore* the park.

So what would you say are some of your favorite points at the park (some awesome shows, totally random things we shouldn't miss, etc...)

And of course I have to ask - what are some good alcoholic beverages I should try in which countries? (I don't plan to go completely hog-wild, LOL)

Best Alcoholic Beverages: Lemonade and Orange Slushies at France (they're sold in a little kiosk across from Chefs de France), Margaritas at Mexico, and the Wine Flight at Italy.

Because we all KNOW that NO ONE ever drinks before their 21st birthday *ahem* make sure to take your time exploring the park.

DH and I truly enjoy wandering around world showcase. In every country showcase there are so many things to see and enjoy. I would suggest getting your beverage and then truly seeing everything in the pavillion, sampling a snack, watching a show. You'll be amazed at some of the things you see.

Here are my suggestions, but always talk to the cast members, they can tell you all about their countries and are usually very happy talk. You can also look at my trip report from WDW. We spent alot of days in the World Showcase, and I talk about it alot because it's one of our favorites.

In Canada, walk around the entire pavillion and take photos of the falls and 'Butchart Gardens' before taking in O'Canada. Catch Off Kilter if you can.

UK--grab a cider at the cart and then, again, walk around the streets--in the back there's a lovely park area and lots of gardens. The World Showcase players are always a fun show.

France--slushies are great, but I like having a glass of champaigne with a cheese plate from the pattiserie and then sitting in the alley way. After that, take in Impressions of France.

Morrorco--have a glass of wine or a beer, explore the bazaar, see the museum!!!

Japan--plum wine is a good drink for beginning wine drinkers, it's very sweet. It's also alot of fun walking around the department store there. In the back of the pavillion is a museum that will have different exibits that are always interesting. Make sure you catch the taiko drummers.

U.S.A--there is usually a seasonal beer available at the kiosk that is better than plain ol bud. Inside the pavillion, there's a wonderful museum of great American inventions. Wander around and look at all of the quotes before going to the show.

Italy--go for the Lemonciello, but sip, don't shoot it. There is a really entertaining juggler in Italy, check him out.

Germany--there's a wine tasting toward the back of the pavillion. Honestly, this is my least favorite pavillion. I get bored, maybe if I were to go to the Biergarten I wouldn't be?

China--if you like sweet things, go for the tea slushies--good lord, too sweet for me. Between the shopping, the museum, the movie, the live shows, and the beautiful garden--you can spend alot of time there.

Norway--Viking coffee, not really Norwegian, but tasty. The Stave Church will always have a really interesting exibit. The church is one of my favorite things in the park.

Mexico--There's the Margarita cart, of course, and they're really wattered down so you won't kill yourself. Inside the pavillion, it's enjoyable to look at the art exibit and all the shopping.

Try the Kim Possible Adventure in World Showcase, you may just become addicted. Also be sure to take time and explore the countries, talk to the people and soak up the atmosphere. World Showcase has become one of my favorite places. One neat thing to do is get a Passport in one of the World Showcase shops and take it from country to county. They stamp it and write you a message, and a special one on your birthday I'm sure...kinda like a birthday card from 11 nations!!!

Since its your birthday, you could have a character breakfast at Cape May in the Beach Club, a short walk from Epcot, and they will really make a big deal (especially this year) out of your bithday with a cupcake and card signed by the characters.

Its your day, so live it up..and don't forget to grab a birthday button at guest relations.

P.S. Try to catch the candy lady who makes animals out of taffy...she's at Japan and if she sees your birthday button, you may get chosen to pick an animal and take it home with you.

Wow, awesome!
Thanks for all the tips guys! ^_^
Can't wait for the trip... under five months to go...

Of all the drinks in Epcot I think the Becks beer at germany is my favorite. I think because its unusually refreshing in the heat.

im going for my 21st in less than 8 days !!! this info is very helpful!!!! :D

I'm going on my 36th birthday in August. I wrote a blog about my plans for the day, have a look at it from the link in my sig....its on the second page (click older posts).

Enjoy your day, if you drink lots of alcohol, remember it can dehydrate you so drink plenty of water as well.

I had soooo much fun on my 21st!!! While I was in the shower the night before @ like 11:30, my friend called and ordered pizza delivery with a personal bottle of wine. It arrived almost exactly at midnight, she made me answer the door and get carded... the cm was like, wow didn't wait a second did you?
Then in the morning on my bday I went to MK, had lunch @ Tony's ... they decorated the table for me and gave me a special dessert. I went to Epcot in the PM and had an orange slush from France (sooo good, its Samantha Brown from the Travel Channel's fav. too) Had my birthday dinner @ Cali. Grill they gave me a window seat and had the table dressed up real nice and my dessert was beautiful. I wish I could 21 again :) Have fun!!

Wow, sounds like you had a wonderful time!
:)

Man, I wish someone would order a bottle of wine for me!
And I guess I'll have to try one of those Orange Slushes in France... Everyone keeps talkin' about those..

If you really want to explore Epcot, might I suggest that you take one of the many great tours that....ahem...actually explores Epcot?

Check out the Backstage Magic Tour or one of the Epcot Living Seas tours (dolphins, diving, etc.). These are memorable.

Drinking your way across the World Showcase is so NOT magical. An occasional drink or two here or there over a long period is one thing, but getting blasted in Epcot is so not cool. They don't even have much in the way of unique alcohol. 99% is available in your local supermarket at a fraction of the price. I've had the beer in the German pavilion. Completely forgetable. Nothing like the bier I've had in Munich and Berlin.

Drinking your way across the World Showcase is so NOT magical. An occasional drink or two here or there over a long period is one thing, but getting blasted in Epcot is so not cool. They don't even have much in the way of unique alcohol. 99% is available in your local supermarket at a fraction of the price. I've had the beer in the German pavilion. Completely forgetable. Nothing like the bier I've had in Munich and Berlin.

I agree, too many people go overboard with the drinking at Epcot, like its some kind of accomplishment. Grab a drink or two throughout the day, but no reason to overdo it. You want this to be a memorable occasion, not a memory of being sick....just not cool. Grab a unique drink a time or two, like the orange slushy in France and have an enjoyable day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter