20th Anniversary...help me decide on some romantic meals!!!

Crazy Kanga

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at BW next summer for our 20th and I am already trying to plan on where we will eat. Here are my top 3 choices so far, please give input. must preface with we have been many times and have stayed at "safe" places for our very picky eater son who is autistic so we want to venture away from buffets and the like, yet we are not really "fru fru" food people so much.
1. I am almost dead set on CG because in 14 trips we have never done it and I hear it is fabulous! Hopefully it still is.
2. Chefs de France. I love the look of the place and think it will be very romantic.
3. Yachtsman's Steakhouse. Have heard raves about it and have always wanted to try it.
All of you foodies give me your input on these and maybe 2 others you would suggest.
Can't wait to hear from all of you!:wizard:

our last trip DW and I had our "date night" at CG and it was wonderful ... but it can be noisy so I would suggest booking a late ADR. We had our for just about when the fireworks were starting so we go there, grabbed a drink from the bar and went out on the pavilion to watch the fireworks and then came back and had an amazing dinner with a great servie, great wine, the whole bit

after the fireworks a lot of the kids clear out and it wasn't nearly as noisy - and you can't beat the view

enjoy - and congratulations on 20 years!

The CG is the best. If your looking for a little less noise there is a small wine room in the back where they seat people. Ask when you check in if you can be seated there. I'm going to do this next time I go. Great meal!

Have you inquired about private dining options at the BW? I know at the GF they'll set up an intimate dinner for 2 in various locations (the marina I think and the beach)....I read a review of this somewhere else and it sounded like a wonderful romantic way to celebrate :flower3: Congrats on the 20th!

Our favorite Date Night locations are Jiko and Bistro de Paris (upstairs from chefs de france and more intimate).

Try to schedule Bistro for 7:30 or later, so you can linger and be there for illuminations. If you beg anniversary hard, you might get a window seat.

For our date nights last yr..

San Angel, such a beauiful ambiance, being in a quaint mexican village at night watching boats pass by..

Cali Grill, great food and amazing views

Ohana, its a bit noisy but the tropical island ambiance coupled with the hawaiin music and view of the MK is so nice!

Narcossee was nice as well, I liked the food at CG better but the cheesecake at Narcosse was OMG good!

Again Noisy but has special honeymoon memories for us is Coral Reef..

Tonys was nice as well..

Have you thought about doing a chef's table? The Flying Fish has one and you sit at the counter and the chef makes a special meal for you and comes out to explain each dish. You can do with or without wine. That may be an option and if you're staying at the BW, may work as well.

Thanks psindone about letting me know about the wine room. Honestly, CG has never been "romantic" the 2x times DH and I have gone. Far too noisy and far too many people and as a result, we've never been back. If we decided to go, I think I'll try asking for the wine room.

We will be there for our 20th anniversary on August 10th this year. I picked having dinner in the castle- just because I always wanted to and never did :love:

Thanks everyone. I am pretty sure that CG and Chefs are a definite. Now between Yachtsman, Kouzzina, and Flying Fish which would you all choose?

The wine room at Cali Grill is very quiet and romantic.

The experience at Flying Fish, though, is better than CG.

Thanks everyone. I am pretty sure that CG and Chefs are a definite. Now between Yachtsman, Kouzzina, and Flying Fish which would you all choose?
I'd pick Yachtsman and make the ADR for around 5 PM.

Flying Fish is pretty noisy, but many people rave about the food. Personally I didn't love my entree there, but the menu still looks good. Kouzzina is extremely loud, and the food is on a lower level anyway. At Yachtsman, our most recent meal there had amazing food and service, and it's pretty quiet if you have an early ADR. Plus, you can then walk to the Boardwalk or watch Illuminations after dinner. Either way (between Yachtsman or FF), I'm sure you'd have a good meal.

Our favorite Date Night locations are Jiko and Bistro de Paris (upstairs from chefs de france and more intimate).

Try to schedule Bistro for 7:30 or later, so you can linger and be there for illuminations. If you beg anniversary hard, you might get a window seat.

Ditto for both Jiko and Bistro de Paris. We had a late ADR and were seated at a window seat since it was just DW and I and had a partial view of Illuminations. It was very romantic. Bistro has been voted the best theme park restaurant in FL for 3 years in a row.

If you really want to go all out, there is always V&A at the GF. It is a AAA 5 diamond restaurant - one of only 43 in the entire U.S. and well deserved of the reputation.

We celebrated our 25th anniv. last Nov. at Narcooses....i surprised my DH & kids by ordering a specialty cake and had it delivered to the restaurant. It was our first time at this restaurant and everything was WONDERFUL...the food was delicious, the view of the fireworks was spectacular and the entire night was just perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter