20's who live close to Disney?

Disneygirl03

Earning My Ears
Are there any 20/30's age people who live close to Disney who are looking to make some Disney friends? I have only lived close to Disney for a few months and have an annual pass but going by myself really isn't my thing. I'm 23 and looking to make some friends close to my age with common interests in going to Disney or even Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios.

As big as Orlando is I am hoping there are at least a few of you out there in my position of needing someone to have fun with at the parks :)

Hi there! My fiancee and I (both 25) are new to the area as well! We just moved to Gainesville, FL, a couple hours north of Orlando, but we already have our Disney Annual passes and usually go a couple times a month. We love it!

Disneygirl03- my son has been living down there for a few months now and he is always looking for someone to hang out with. I will tell him about you.

kris4360 said:
Disneygirl03- my son has been living down there for a few months now and he is always looking for someone to hang out with. I will tell him about you.

:) everyone could use new friends!

I just moved to the Orlando area about two and a half months ago. I'm always looking for new people to hang out in the parks with :)

I plan on going to Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios this Sunday 10/21 if anyone wants to go.

I have looked at those before and I'm not really interesting in going with a big group because then there are way more people to worry about and with my schedule I can't just go any random time and the ones I saw were either times I couldn't go but stuff I wanted to do or the weekend stuff I just wasn't interested in. Plus seems like a lot of people on there are a good bit older than me.

There's one where the people seem sort of... senior - a walking group. They schedule things in the middle of the day when all of us worker bee's are busy. There are a few others that are geared more towards 20's - early 40's. There's usually only about 4 - 6 people at each meetup, although the Food and Wine meets have been getting more. Some people come late (or don't turn up at all), other's leave after a while or go off and do their own thing. You're not locked into anything and if you decide to ditch the group, you'll get nothing but friendly goodbye's from everyone else. I'm a total introvert (it takes me 3-4 days to recover from going to these things; all I want to do after is be by myself), but having just moved here, it's been a nice way to get out and meet people. Some I'm not too keen on, but I've become friendly with a few. And it's not at all cliquish, which is something I was worried about. I thought people would have their buddies within the group but, even though some do, everyone seems to mix things up; like walking to a ride, you end up talking to one or two people, then standing in the line, you might talk to others, then riding the ride, you end up with someone else. Nobody scrambles to take a seat next to someone else or anything. And you don't really know the ages of other people unless they make some obscure pop culture reference. Most of the conversation revolves around Disney parks and movies, which is sort of an ageless thing. I'm just over the tip of 40 and I'm pretty sure that the people I shared a table with for a meal at the last one I went to were probably in their mid-20's, but the three of us were able to keep conversation going the whole time with no problem.

I can completely understand not wanting to do it, it took me a while to give it a try, but it's all people who are into going to the parks and if you want company while doing it, it's probably the easiest place to find it. I'm not preaching it to you, I'm just sort of trying to give an idea what you could probably expect (which might scare you off even more). I still go to the parks by myself more often than not, but when there's something that seems appealing to me and is at a time when I can go, I've gone and I've had a good time.

Not exactly my cup of tea. I have very little off time and like I said those "meet ups" never seem to appeal to me. In general the meet up that is planned is never anything I would be interested in. I only wanted to see if there were any people close to my age who liked Disney and wanted to hang out at Disney. I work night shift so it's been impossible to make any friends at all down here because of my work/sleep schedule.

Thanks for your in put but I really don't think the meet up thing is for me.

I don't live particularly near Disney (6 hours away) but I'm there very often. Hanging out would be fun.

My wife and I just moved about 5 minutes from Disney last week and have AP's...I'm down to go to Disney anytime since I don't know anyone down here yet! She's working at DTD and my job at MK doesn't start until December

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter