2023 Moonlight Magic Dates

So it would seem the registration isn't random, rather, the order you click on the link. I clicked when the e-mail came in and got spot 457, but my other browser, which I opened at registration time, was number 5,2xx.
No it isn't based upon the order the link is clicked.

If you opened the browser a split second after 11am, it would have been placed at the rear of the queue. Even if that wasn't the case, it's still just random. I wouldn't suggest using posts from 2 or 3 people to draw conclusions.

So it would seem the registration isn't random, rather, the order you click on the link. I clicked when the e-mail came in and got spot 457, but my other browser, which I opened at registration time, was number 5,2xx.
I clicked on the link when I got the email a few days ago and received 6430 on computer 1 while the one I opened on my other computer at 10:50 received spot 990. I will say both of them went blank after the timer ended and i didn't receive a number until i refreshed which i did first on the 2nd computer.

If you opened the browser a split second after 11am, it would have been placed at the rear of the queue. Even if that wasn't the case, it's still just random. I wouldn't suggest using posts from 2 or 3 people to draw conclusions.
What is your information based on? 7 or 8 people? :laughing:

My 5,2xx place in line was from clicking the link just before 11AM.

Got in for 2/15, but have a question. I have a room booked at CBR on 2/15, but if by some miracle one of my waitlists come through for that night, will I lose my ticket if I cancel the CBR reservation and move to a DVC resort?

Got in for 2/15, but have a question. I have a room booked at CBR on 2/15, but if by some miracle one of my waitlists come through for that night, will I lose my ticket if I cancel the CBR reservation and move to a DVC resort?
MM bookings, according to the site, will cancel if the original reservation is cancelled. So, unfortunately, yes.

Epcot's MM starts at 10PM. Does this mean that if I'm not in the park already, and want to us the MM event as my park admission, that I won't be able to get in until 8PM?
Email says 7pm. At other MM events I ound that they actually started letting people in a bit before the ealiest time they state so I'm hoping that happens again.
Booked for 2/15! Can't wait to get more details from all of you 2/8 folks!

We are signed up for 2/8! Happened to be the first park day of our vacation. We will be mostly focused on rides as during the day we'll be carting around 4 little kids. Does anyone know what rides were open last year? Thinks Guardians will be open...?

I just logged in at 11:20 for the heck of it to see how far into the queue I would make it. Got spot 5,746 when I logged in at that time, and made it all the way through the queue and had the chance to still register for both dates (I don't have a reservation, so didn't spend the time doing that), but this is definitely an outlier to availability of past events. Normally I wouldn't have a chance logging in that late.

I just logged in at 11:20 for the heck of it to see how far into the queue I would make it. Got spot 5,746 when I logged in at that time, and made it all the way through the queue and had the chance to still register for both dates (I don't have a reservation, so didn't spend the time doing that), but this is definitely an outlier to availability of past events. Normally I wouldn't have a chance logging in that late.
I wonder if DVC will be deliberately slow in releasing the dates in the future to help manage expectations. Not every member staying on-site can attend. In this case, there are people with preexisting park plans or meal reservations which conflict.

The full list of dates was published in Disney Files mag which arrived about a week after the dates were published on the website. Surely DVC had them all confirmed long before the announcement was made.

EDIT: Also Epcot capacity benefits from addition of GOTG since the last Moonlight Magic was held. I'm sure they're allowing more guests with another high-capacity attraction available.

Last edited:

Correct...it's the same process for RunDisney events as well. It's randomized. Between RunDisney and Moonlight Magic Registrations, I've done the queue for about a dozen events now, and sometimes my first one I login with works and gets the best queue spot, sometimes it's my last one, sometimes it's one in the middle.

What is your information based on? 7 or 8 people? :laughing:

My 5,2xx place in line was from clicking the link just before 11AM.
The site details how the random assignment works. I've been following the registrations since the virtual queue was introduced about 5 years ago, and have participated in a few myself. It's a random assignment. And if you read comments here from others, it bears that out.

Wow I just clicked the link and there was no wait at all. Guess there will be lots of availability for others.

MM bookings, according to the site, will cancel if the original reservation is cancelled. So, unfortunately, yes.
It
I asked member services about this yesterday. They advised to cancel the waitlist request because if it happens your MM reservation will be canceled as it's tied to your CBR booking.

Wow. I got right in to the registration page, without a queue number. I never win anything, but this felt good. Feb. 8 event confirmed. See some of you there!

My number was over 3000 and was able to get in and register for Feb 8.

We are signed up for 2/8! Happened to be the first park day of our vacation. We will be mostly focused on rides as during the day we'll be carting around 4 little kids. Does anyone know what rides were open last year? Thinks Guardians will be open...?
See you all on February 8!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter