2023 MNSSHP Costumes

My mom and I are going this year and we are toying with going as Donald and Daisy, aliens from Toy Story, or pirates (which would be the easiest since we already did that on our Halloween DCL a few years ago).

While we (impatiently) await the 2023 MNSSHP announcement, let's talk costumes! Has anybody else started theirs? It is usually my long, cold Minnesota winter project to get ready for the following fall. This year adult DD and I are going as Chip & Dale.
I don’t really do costumes and frankly it’s too hot, even in October for me to wear much more than a tshirt and shorts. I’m thinking about recycling my first MNSSHP outfit. I still have the shirt and ears so it would be easy to redo.

998F443C-7DCA-4C21-BDCC-7C6D6A125B70.jpegI could also redo this one.

7EFB8D3C-A32F-4FCD-8938-1B7281ED1A12.jpeg

Last edited:
I am SOOOOOO excited that the dates were finally announced!! As soon as they were announced yesterday I started my planning. Room and flights are booked. Woo-Hoo!! My son has been asking to go to MNSSHP for years and now that he is 8 I wanted to bring him before he is too old and doesn't care anymore. We are going to try to keep it a secret for a little while. Now to think about costumes. Do most people stick to Disney inspired costumes?

There are a lot of Disney costumes. There are also quite a bit of other popular culture inspired costumes/outfits (think Harry Potter, Nintendo, cartoon/game characters...).

I am SOOOOOO excited that the dates were finally announced!! As soon as they were announced yesterday I started my planning. Room and flights are booked. Woo-Hoo!! My son has been asking to go to MNSSHP for years and now that he is 8 I wanted to bring him before he is too old and doesn't care anymore. We are going to try to keep it a secret for a little while. Now to think about costumes. Do most people stick to Disney inspired costumes?
kids never get too old for free candy 😂 No costume required. I do a Halloween tshirt and shorts.

We are still deciding if we are planning on doing costumes. I would want something matching my 20-year-old son who is picky about what he wears, so he probably wouldn't do a t-shirt with a saying or anything like that.

We had thought of several but we also want something not too complicated as we are flying, so there is that to think about on more stuff to bring. We did think of a very obscure Disney reference one but the amount of work to do it, if I could even find a pattern might have me rethinking it. It has to do with the Carousel of Progress.
I have a feeling what we end up with is going to change several times before being finalized.

I found a great dress that I'm going to use as a base for Cruella DeVille and my adult DD will be Red from PoTC (making the most of her natural long red hair). Just ordered the wig and gloves online even though we're not going until Sept.

my daughter (22) and I are going as Jack (me) and they are Sally. Not doing heavy costumes ... just themed ears, Jack dress and shorts for me... and they have ears, tank and joggers for their Sally. Prolly will do some make up.
This our first time and we are so excited. Going Oct 29th to MNSSHP and then Howl o Scream at Sea World for the 31st.

jack.jpg sally.jpg

I'm going as Rapunzel, but having trouble with shoes...

Does anyone have suggestions which keep the overall princess aesthetic, while still being comfortable for plenty of walking around?

I initially looked into theatre/character shoes with a small heel (like the parks princesses wear) which are apparently very comfortable, but they are not recommended for outdoor use at all.

I also thought some simple pink flats may work, but most of what I've found online has been "fashion over substance" with a thin sole and no proper support to speak of.

This is my first time at a disney park so if any of you more experienced park-goers have ideas, I'm all ears!

We love to do classic characters. We've done Clarabelle & Horace, Panchito & Jose, Chip & Dale, Brer Rabbit & Brer Bear, Pooh & Piglet, and Henry & Teddy Berra. Thumper & Miss Bunny, Bianca & Bernard, to more Country Bears, figment & dreamfinder, Duffy & Shellie May, and Mr Toad characters are on our bucket list.

my daughter (22) and I are going as Jack (me) and they are Sally. Not doing heavy costumes ... just themed ears, Jack dress and shorts for me... and they have ears, tank and joggers for their Sally. Prolly will do some make up.
This our first time and we are so excited. Going Oct 29th to MNSSHP and then Howl o Scream at Sea World for the 31st.

View attachment 773276 View attachment 773277
Where is that dress from? My 22 Daughter is doing Sally too, so I'd like to theme with her.

Does anyone have suggestions which keep the overall princess aesthetic, while still being comfortable for plenty of walking around?

I initially looked into theatre/character shoes with a small heel (like the parks princesses wear) which are apparently very comfortable, but they are not recommended for outdoor use at all.

I also thought some simple pink flats may work, but most of what I've found online has been "fashion over substance" with a thin sole and no proper support to speak of.

This is my first time at a disney park so if any of you more experienced park-goers have ideas, I'm all ears!
For my fairy godmother costume I bought a pair of comfortable white sneakers and painted them with glitter paint. I put pink ribbon in as laces, and glued on some Swarovski crystals as well.

I'm going as Boo this year. Wasn't planned, I had been looking to go as Giselle but couldn't find what I wanted and didn't want to spend a lot of $. I was at Wal-Mart today and saw a pink striped T-shirt dress and made a comment that looked like Piglet (or could work as Cheshire cat too). I made a joke if I could find a pink one I could go as Boo since it would work perfectly for that and there it was.

Boom - done -- Boo it is! Now I just have to get purple leggings and see if I can find the right type of hair ties.

For my fairy godmother costume I bought a pair of comfortable white sneakers and painted them with glitter paint. I put pink ribbon in as laces, and glued on some Swarovski crystals as well.
Oh that's a good idea!

I am definitely dressing up and we are going 8/29! I know it'll be hot. Wearing the same Remy costume from last year's MNSSHP that I got so many compliments on. My husband is not dressing up, just me. I like having fun with it!

I went as tinkerbell 1 year and wore ballet flats and made a green ball on top. For princess dresses I try for the long versions and so you can wear your keds, or sneakers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter