• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2023 dates posted

I was thinking about that but it does not appear to meet the proposed passenger load of 3500 guests (which is closer to what the Dream would offer) and the timing would be off a bit as it refers to the 2023-2024 cruising season...
This is more likely due to the sixth coming on line. Initially it was scheduled to go on-line in 2023. Need new berths for #6 and #7

As a west coast cruiser I would love this. But the itineraries are so limited I'm not sure they could stay on the west coast. Perhaps some sort of HI/Asia route? HI to Japan is about 4000 miles, though. That's about 50% longer than HI/Vancouver.
Disney's itineraries out of Florida are also very limited - considering the number of ships - but they have always looked to the first timers or the occasional cruisers. This may have to change with the new ships - or shall we say, seven ships - and a full-time west coast ship will be key to getting more folks to sail.

I think one of the reasons why they didn't cancel the sold-out 2021 EBPC cruise is that it would have dumped a ton of FCC - enough to take out a few cruises next year. They might be thinking of Hawaii cruises next fall and wouldn't have wanted the 2021 EBPC FCC to take them out.

Longer term, yes, I would love to see Wonder spend a few months going around the Pacific. Hawaii to Japan straight route isn't economically feasible - you have to go over a huge bulge in the Pacific between the two. The problem with taking the ship to Asia is that it has to get to Hawaii from Vancouver (not California), so you will have to skip the west coast season (out of California) in both directions. They could do two Pacific coastal cruises to bring Wonder back to Vancouver before the one way journey to Hawaii.

This one is going to be interesting...

I doubt that the Magic would move directly from NOLA to Europe, this would make for a fairly long trip, adding roughly 2 days to the typical itinerary... Now, you could potentially throw in a stop at Castaway Cay and you have a solid 14+ night EBTA cruise with maybe one more stop... My take is that the Magic may be doing a repo cruise to maybe San Juan in April 2023 and spend a few weeks there, as it did in 2017 before heading to Miami or PC for the EBTA cruise.

Now, pre-pandemic, there was also a rumour that the Fantasy might be overtaking the Magic in Europe and DCL had signed at the time a new contract with port of NYC significantly expanding the cruising season out of NYC.

Summer 2023 may shake some things up... or we end up with same old, same old...

The 2013 EBTA on the Magic sailed from Galveston, so I don’t see any reason it couldn’t sail from NOLA to Barcelona. It was 14 nights and our ports were CC, Madeira, Gibraltar and Barcelona.

The 2013 EBTA on the Magic sailed from Galveston, so I don’t see any reason it couldn’t sail from NOLA to Barcelona. It was 14 nights and our ports were CC, Madeira, Gibraltar and Barcelona.
Agreed that it can be done...

Its also possible they'd go out of Miami for the EBTA, just repo the ship from NOLA with no passengers, they've done those type of moves before.
Definitely a possibility... but I think this would be a 2-day move (rather than the 1-day from Galveston to NOLA). Right now, the options appear to be:

• EBTA from NOLA... but with potentially a few more cruises out of NOLA before moving to Europe (Otherwise, the Magic would start sailing in Europe in late April)
  • EBTA from Miami or PC, following a repo cruise or a set of cruises from/to another port (San Juan is the logical choice in my mind)
  • EBTA from Miami or PC, following an empty repo cruise from NOLA to Florida

One scenario I am not ruling out, but I think is unlikely until at least ships #6 shows up is for one of the east coast ship to be redeployed to NYC for the summer season... which could see another ship heading to Europe...

I thought I saw an April 2023 cruise from PC to Bermuda, Nassau and CC. Cannot find another mention. Please help!!

I’m ready to request it from DU! Don’t see it on pull down menu!

If my link isn't working, then just filter for April 2023, Fantasy, and Bermuda. That'll get you the special 8-night Bermuda + CC and Nassau cruise.

Last edited:
Just took a quick look... nothing new, nothing exciting...
same old boring itineraries, no new ports... boring and underwhelming...
And we both know pandemic allowing, they will sell out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter