• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2022 Trip Planning Thread

We're planning for November 22, 2022. We were supposed to go this year but even thought I've been vaccinated my family hasn't yet and I just don't think everyone who wants to be vaccinated will be in time for our trip. It's okay thought, it just gives me more time to plan our trip. This one will be the first time for my two grandchildren who will be 6. Most of the family is going for this one. And I'll be honest, it gives me something to look forward to at the end of all this. :cool1:

I've booked for late January 2022 at Coronado Springs for our family of four (kids will be 6 and 4). I am still debating a little bit between Coronado Springs and Carribean Beach, any thoughts?

Surprisingly, standard rooms were unavailable for my dates at Carribean Beach, so that tipped the scales to Coronado for me (for now at least!)

We have two trips planned right now. Sept 2021 and end of Jan 2022. I don't have high hopes for the September trip, but I'll be heartbroken if we can't make the January one.

We're planning for November 22, 2022. We were supposed to go this year but even thought I've been vaccinated my family hasn't yet and I just don't think everyone who wants to be vaccinated will be in time for our trip. It's okay thought, it just gives me more time to plan our trip. This one will be the first time for my two grandchildren who will be 6. Most of the family is going for this one. And I'll be honest, it gives me something to look forward to at the end of all this. :cool1:
You'll have to have a treat for me on the 23rd, that's my 60th birthday !!

***ETA the 24th is US Thanksgiving, just be aware it will be crowded(er) than whatever the new normal is

So after some careful consideration and mental suffering from pandemic fatigue, I think we may change our dates to the first 2 weeks of February '22. While it won't be pool weather, well by Canadian standards it could be, "No ice kids, jump right in!", it will still be warmer than the the frozen waste land of Atlantic Canada and substantially less snow. Added bonus will be the chance of getting to drive through Mass in a blizzard! More importantly though missing the President day weekend crowds and NJ ? school break or NY? I dunno one of them, lol.
Frustrating that not all the hotels are available to be booked yet and there is no news on whether or not there will be a dining plan. Which brings me to the purpose of my post. SUPPOSING the dining plan does make a comeback, has anyone had any experience with the "new" Disney Dining Plan +, the 2 table service or quick service plan? A bit of strategic planning could make a couple of 2 credit spots like California grill or Le Cellier a more interesting option

We're planning for a November 2022 trip to WDW. It will just be myself, my youngest DD12 and my second DD and maybe her DH. He's never been so we're hoping he'll join us since he loved their DLR honeymoon so much!
I was hoping for DLR this year to replace last year's cancelled trip but I'm not holding my breath :guilty:

Hi, I was checking on car rentals in Florida for March 22 and the prices seem quite high. I think they are trying to recoup some losses.

Not to hijack (okay, a little bit of a hijack) - where could one go to check out Bonnet Creek? We've stayed onsite twice now and loved it, but the rising prices and loss of perks is making me think about alternatives.
As a PP mentioned, check out the We Love Bonnet Creek thread. You can probably get recommendations of people to book through. We boked through Vacation Strategy because they had the best refund/credit policy, at the time. Not sure what any of them are offering now in that regard, or which ones are still in business after covid hit.

I honestly had completely forgotten about the hotel part of it. 🤦 That is a huge deal breaker if that stays.
Yep. I had my first dose of vaccine. Expect to have the 2nd dose some time in July. I'm not worried about the quarantine, but I can't afford a $2,000 hotel stay after a Disney vacation. I'm hoping I don't have to cancel my December trip, this was my 3rd try. I stand to lose more DVC points if I do have to cancel.

ETA: That's Dec 2021 - but I thought it was close enough to 2022 :)

So after some careful consideration and mental suffering from pandemic fatigue, I think we may change our dates to the first 2 weeks of February '22. While it won't be pool weather, well by Canadian standards it could be, "No ice kids, jump right in!", it will still be warmer than the the frozen waste land of Atlantic Canada and substantially less snow. Added bonus will be the chance of getting to drive through Mass in a blizzard! More importantly though missing the President day weekend crowds and NJ ? school break or NY? I dunno one of them, lol.
Frustrating that not all the hotels are available to be booked yet and there is no news on whether or not there will be a dining plan. Which brings me to the purpose of my post. SUPPOSING the dining plan does make a comeback, has anyone had any experience with the "new" Disney Dining Plan +, the 2 table service or quick service plan? A bit of strategic planning could make a couple of 2 credit spots like California grill or Le Cellier a more interesting option
We’ve been hoping for February 22 as well. It’s often very warm for swimming. We were there Feb 21 and even I got in the pool! It was positively hot!

Well we have a WDW res at CBR for this Aug. I’m 💯 % sure our border won’t be open even if vaccinated so will have to postpone to Aug 2022. Again. Original booking was 2020!
If WDW still doesn’t have FP I’m thinking of switching to Universal instead which doesn’t have this bs with park reservation and staying in the top 3 resorts we get express pass. So much easier.

Hoping Westjet will soon release mid March 2022 flights. Air Canada has flights out now. Have credits to use up!

Hi, I was checking on car rentals in Florida for March 22 and the prices seem quite high. I think they are trying to recoup some losses.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/25/business/rental-car-shortage-price-spike/index.html
https://www.autoweek.com/news/industry-news/a36040237/rental-car-shortage/
This is a problem all over the US right now and it's going to be here for quite some time. I started googling articles when I noticed the same complaints kept coming up over and over in the transportation forum. It's not just Disney folks.. it's a country wide problem.
One workaround.. there is a very popular ticket and hotel broker that also has decent prices on cars if you book your tickets or hotel with them. They are filtered out so I can't mention the name (they didn't used to be). In most cases they are 3x less than other methods including the old standbys like Costco. I'm not sure how they are negotiating much lower rates but I booked 11 days in December with Avis through them for $240 which is absolutely unheard of right now. I've used UT before so had no issue booking my hotel through them. Everything I booked was fully refundable. There are lots of posts about them on the Transportation forum monthly car rental threads.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/25/business/rental-car-shortage-price-spike/index.html
https://www.autoweek.com/news/industry-news/a36040237/rental-car-shortage/
This is a problem all over the US right now and it's going to be here for quite some time. I started googling articles when I noticed the same complaints kept coming up over and over in the transportation forum. It's not just Disney folks.. it's a country wide problem.
One workaround.. there is a very popular ticket and hotel broker that also has decent prices on cars if you book your tickets or hotel with them. They are filtered out so I can't mention the name (they didn't used to be). In most cases they are 3x less than other methods including the old standbys like Costco. I'm not sure how they are negotiating much lower rates but I booked 11 days in December with Avis through them for $240 which is absolutely unheard of right now. I've used UT before so had no issue booking my hotel through them. Everything I booked was fully refundable. There are lots of posts about them on the Transportation forum monthly car rental threads.
Thanks for the tip!

Currently torturing myself with videos of resorts of warm destinations. Trying to decide which one we want to book for our big birthday celebration trip. I keep telling myself that it's research...but now I want to do a quick escape away.

Fun thread! We are planning a trip for next March 2022. It's my mom's 60th, and there will be 20 of us! Have never done a trip with so many of us at once and super nervous about how that it going to go, lol. Planning 5 days in Disney parks, 1 at Universal and the rest relaxing around the pool, Disney Springs or Cocoa Beach.

This past Feb. we booked 2 six-bedroom pool villas at Windsor Hills for this trip and I'm so glad we booked when we did. In the past 2 months, the price of our villa has jumped over $100 / night for next March. A lot more demand now. The great thing is that our villas are right beside each other so we can go back and forth between the two to visit.

We will be driving down, so are quite worried about the border situation. It just CAN'T still be closed at that point, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter