2022 Points Charts being updated

Woohoo! At last. Fingers crossed that this corrects things, though I imagine they are not going to correct the charts for before the summer, but we shall see.

From the Members' Website:

"08/04/2022 Update:

Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC is adjusting the 2022 Vacation Points Charts with the goal of balancing demand and improving availability for Members.

The adjustment includes the following modifications:

• September 20th–30th, moving from the second travel period to the first.
  • Additional point reductions to the month of September, based on specific Resort demand patterns.
The adjustments only affect Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World Resort. They do not impact Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort, The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina,Hawai."

Anxious to see where they put the "offset" points.

From the Members' Website:

"08/04/2022 Update:

Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC is adjusting the 2022 Vacation Points Charts with the goal of balancing demand and improving availability for Members.

The adjustment includes the following modifications:

• September 20th–30th, moving from the second travel period to the first.
  • Additional point reductions to the month of September, based on specific Resort demand patterns.
The adjustments only affect Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World Resort. They do not impact Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort, The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina,Hawai."

Anxious to see where they put the "offset" points.

Thanks! I was trying to figure out how to insert an snapshot of it. For some reason I didn't think of just copying the text.

Hmmm, they are only adjusting September. Is that enough to fix the problem? Now I need to go back and read the other thread... also, I'm really not sure what I think about them keeping the hike in other seasons, retaining the 7 seasons, and just making September even cheaper. That doesn't feel like a fix. It feels like an appeasement. Can't wait for the analysis when the new point chart is out.

The new chart are up. Looking only at the BWV, the only change I can see is moving the last two weeks of September. No point changes to the seasons for any category. I suppose that will make up for the Easter thing? At least for 2022.

I don't think it totally gets things evened out (will have to see numbers run on more resorts) but gets it closer and possibly within a range they can make an argument for as legit.

I don't think it totally gets things evened out (will have to see numbers run on more resorts) but gets it closer and possibly within a range they can make an argument for as legit.

Charts have never been exactly the same due to calendar changes.

What it appears to me, is that it was decided that the shift in Easter that will occur now that it’s is slated to occur in 3 travel periods vs 2 line the 5 season charts and the points it created for 2022 was outside the lines too much when defining calendar changes.

What Will be interesting is if these September dates stay for 2023 since points would have gone back to closer to 2021 before this.

For BWV, week after Easter is grouped in season 7 with Christmas weeks. That's where it was in 2021, also.

Umm…we all agree this is pretty much useless right?

The issue and concern was that they did not make the adjustments for the increase that occurred due to the change in premium week for Easter for 2022.

This appears to address that in lowering nights elsewhere.

Charts have never been exactly the same due to calendar changes.

What it appears to me, is that it was decided that the shift in Easter that will occur now that it’s is slated to occur in 3 travel periods vs 2 line the 5 season charts and the points it created for 2022 was outside the lines too much when defining calendar changes.

What Will be interesting is if these September dates stay for 2023 since points would have gone back to closer to 2021 before this.
I know they have never been the same but 2022 still remains an outlier on the high end where other years all seemed to remain closer to the actual points declared.

The issue and concern was that they did not make the adjustments for the increase that occurred due to the change in premium week for Easter for 2022.

This appears to address that in lowering nights elsewhere.
I know it just feels like a bit of a cop out to take the least popular time of year and make it cheaper. Just don’t like the direction this signals.

I know it just feels like a bit of a cop out to take the least popular time of year and make it cheaper. Just don’t like the direction this signals.

That is the point of changes though . Make unpopular times less to potentially encourage people to travel then vs the popular times.

This does that. I am happy because it means that my trip in September next year doesn’t have to be in the first 19 days now.

Everyone, they made 2 changes (depending on resort):
First, Sept 20-30 were moved to the cheapest travel period.
Then, the entire month of September was lowered for certain room views/sizes.

That is the point of changes though . Make unpopular times less to potentially encourage people to travel then vs the popular times.

This does that. I am happy because it means that my trip in September next year doesn’t have to be in the first 19 days now.
I guess that’s great if you can travel in the last 10 days in September, which is a pretty small slice of people. Just feels like this change is intended to benefit the least number of DVC members possible. I mean, they could lower one day a year to 1 point a night for all bungalows, benefitting 20 random DVC members, but hurting everyone else they up they raise points per night on. Just because it is allowed doesn’t make it in the best interest of DVC members.

I guess that’s great if you can travel in the last 10 days in September, which is a pretty small slice of people. Just feels like this change is intended to benefit the least number of DVC members possible. I mean, they could lower one day a year to 1 point a night for all bungalows, benefitting 20 random DVC members, but hurting everyone else they up they raise points per night on. Just because it is allowed doesn’t make it in the best interest of DVC members.

I think they also made a small reduction to Sept overall - but the big picture is that they cannot simply add points to the point charts without reducing points required somewhere else.

I got stung years ago when my 8 pts per weeknight OKW studios went up to 10 pts per weeknight so that weekend point costs in the chart could be reduced. A lot of members at that time were focused on the cheaper weeknights (whether for their personal use or to appeal to renters), so "most" of the membership was mad. But so long as the point changes balanced, it was appropriate. (Based on recent comments, it sounds like weekends might be getting too cheap now... but we'll see...)

If they raise points for Nov-early Dec when I like to travel, that hurts me again as an individual. Since "Fall Frenzy" indicates that I'm not alone in prefering to travel during cooler weather when kids are in school, it hurts a lot of the membership. But so long as the point changes balance so that there are corresponding decreases to match the increases in the Fall, it is appropriate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter