• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2022 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival (July 14 - November 19, 2022)

No Sugar Ray when I am there this year. I looked on Mark McGraths Twitter and he says they are going to be there. I wish I could change the dates but its my granddaughters fall break and can't :(

Anyone else working on finalizing their plans for dinning? I'm so happy hoop de doo will be back so I can take the kids :D

Eat to the Beat Concert Series

• July 14-15 – Baha Men
  • July 16-18 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
  • July 29-30 – Taylor Dayne
  • July 31-Aug. 1 – Tiffany
  • Aug. 5-8 – Joey Fatone & Friends
  • Aug. 12-13 – The Devon Allman Project
  • Aug. 14-15 – Christopher Cross
  • Aug. 19-20 – Journey former Lead Vocalist Steve Augeri
  • Aug. 21-22 – Air Supply
  • Sept. 2-3 – Southern Avenue
  • Sept. 4-5 – Kris Allen & David Cook
  • Sept. 9-10 – Hoobastank (NEW)
  • Sept. 16-17 – Los Amigos Invisibles (NEW)
  • Sept. 23-24 – BBMak
  • Sept. 30-Oct. 1 – Stokley (NEW)
  • Oct. 2-3 – Sheila E.
  • Oct. 7-8 – Mark Wills
  • Oct. 9-10 – 38 Special
  • Oct. 23-24 – Billy Ocean
  • Oct. 28-31 – Hanson
  • Nov. 4-7 – Boyz II Men
Beginning May 24, you can secure your spot at a show by reserving an Eat to the Beat Dining Package available Friday-Monday.
So if there is a date that is not listed, does that mean there will be a lesser known acts? Or will they add more later? I have my day planned for September 14th...

So if there is a date that is not listed, does that mean there will be a lesser known acts? Or will they add more later? I have my day planned for September 14th...
If you look on the Disney website it shows TBD for a lot of the dates, Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray said they will be there on Twitter but does not say when, I just know I will miss them :(

If you look on the Disney website it shows TBD for a lot of the dates, Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray said they will be there on Twitter but does not say when, I just know I will miss them :(
I would love to see Sugar Ray! Fingers crossed they are one of the missing end of November dates.

I might be able to go to Food and Wine this year for the first time and am wondering if there is any collective wisdom from the boards on how to prep for and tour the event. I've read the various tips and tricks on the Disney sites but to me it's very basic stuff for Disney first timers like 'make a plan', 'be hungry', and 'drink water in extreme heat'.

Earlier this thread someone said to bring cash in case machines go down, that's a good example of something I'm thinking of.

For my part, I've only been at Epcot during other festivals but one experience I had was during rain, even light drizzle, the booths were practically deserted as nobody seemed to be ready to handle food in the rain. I brought a small tupperware and takeout box with me and was able to collect food from multiple booths with no lines and then find somewhere under cover to eat.

So, any real veteran tips on what to bring with you, what to wear, how to handle food dishes and drinks with only two hands, etc?

I might be able to go to Food and Wine this year for the first time and am wondering if there is any collective wisdom from the boards on how to prep for and tour the event. I've read the various tips and tricks on the Disney sites but to me it's very basic stuff for Disney first timers like 'make a plan', 'be hungry', and 'drink water in extreme heat'.

Earlier this thread someone said to bring cash in case machines go down, that's a good example of something I'm thinking of.

For my part, I've only been at Epcot during other festivals but one experience I had was during rain, even light drizzle, the booths were practically deserted as nobody seemed to be ready to handle food in the rain. I brought a small tupperware and takeout box with me and was able to collect food from multiple booths with no lines and then find somewhere under cover to eat.

So, any real veteran tips on what to bring with you, what to wear, how to handle food dishes and drinks with only two hands, etc?

How exciting and what a great question! It's a fun time of year, even now with "just" the booths.
  • Cash is definitely a good idea. They have to unplug some machines with lightning in the area and just generally technology is unreliable.
  • That said, I also think the gift cards on a wristlet are a good way to budget and typically very easy to use.
  • Consistent with general touring strategy, so perhaps not terribly genius, but people start at either Mexico, Canada, or France depending on entry ... so if you head all the way to the back of World Showcase at 11 you will likely see shorter lines.
  • And the caveat to that is that you often see the booths at the base of Future World (or whatever it's called now) opening when they are ready - 10-15 min before 11am.
  • Booths have not historically been open during extra magic hours at night and have not been opening with the park in the morning (they open at 11). They shut down at the start of Harmonious - do not remain open throughout.
  • I bought on amazon last year some disposable cardboard trays with high sides - like what you'd get at a stadium. They're foldable and light in my bag and make it a lot easier especially when I'm solo to get my drink, food (esp. if I'm wanting to try more than one item), utensils etc. to a table (or trash can) - same when I'm just the designated orderer and bringing multiple things back to the group. I use the same one all day unless something spills. Personally, I think the tray they sell is too small. Bringing tupperware and/or ziplocs is also a good idea.
  • I typically have a towel/rag in my bag to wipe off a table, bench, chair just after a rainstorm -- you're right, if you can stick it out, wait times are dramatically reduced! Oh and an extra ziploc for my umbrella or rain coat or towel is also helpful after the inevitable afternoon summer storm.
  • There are tables in the back of the Morocco pavilion that are often forgotten about
  • Why they use metal chairs in Florida is beyond me but beware the chairs they usually set out by the Brazil booth (typically next to Morocco pavilion) - can easily burn the skin on your legs.
  • Some booths - specifically Mexico, Japan, and Canada - have registers at both ends of the booth -- they're not always open but it's worth checking
  • Most of the booths don't have drink straws so if you're a "straw person" - might be worth bringing a reusable one
  • I enjoy the unofficial, fan-created app WDW Food&Wine - you can create your wish list and can also look at what's nearby

That's all I can think of for now. Looking forward to hearing tips from other vets. Hope you enjoy your first F&W!!

Last edited:
For those who have been before - what are the lines like at the booths for a weekday?

Odd one here along with cash and wristlet thoughts. I was there during F&G this year and after the horrible rain storm on Easter Sunday, the cash registers could not scan the wristlet. You could pay in cash, you could use any card that you could slide, even a Disney gift card that had a strip on it. Monday only one CM knew that you could key in the number on the card, I told another one at a different booth and everyone at the booth swore up and down it wasn't possible (I knew it was). I went to another booth and at first they said they couldn't take the card, then I told them they could key in the number, out came the big ole notebook and it took 3 CMs but they got it figured out. By Tues, the registers still weren't able to scan the wristlet but all the CMs had been either told or taught how to key it in. Moral of the story, have at least two methods to pay. I had a regular cc with me but I did not want a bunch of $5 charges on it and I had put $300 on the card specifically for F&G. This was only a problem at the F&G food booths, the stores and restaurants had no problem scanning the card.

You don't have to line up hours before the concerts if you are o.k. with standing the back or even sitting at the American Pavilion. You can still hear the bands and even see them and don't have to sit in the sun waiting or pay more for a meal. If you need covered seats, then yes, buy the meal.

I take re-usable plastic utensils and just wipe them off with a napkin when I'm done, wrap another napkin around them and stick them in my bag or pocket. Lots of times the booths will run out of forks or knives or spoons right when you need one.

Odd one here along with cash and wristlet thoughts. I was there during F&G this year and after the horrible rain storm on Easter Sunday, the cash registers could not scan the wristlet. You could pay in cash, you could use any card that you could slide, even a Disney gift card that had a strip on it. Monday only one CM knew that you could key in the number on the card, I told another one at a different booth and everyone at the booth swore up and down it wasn't possible (I knew it was). I went to another booth and at first they said they couldn't take the card, then I told them they could key in the number, out came the big ole notebook and it took 3 CMs but they got it figured out. By Tues, the registers still weren't able to scan the wristlet but all the CMs had been either told or taught how to key it in. Moral of the story, have at least two methods to pay. I had a regular cc with me but I did not want a bunch of $5 charges on it and I had put $300 on the card specifically for F&G. This was only a problem at the F&G food booths, the stores and restaurants had no problem scanning the card.

You don't have to line up hours before the concerts if you are o.k. with standing the back or even sitting at the American Pavilion. You can still hear the bands and even see them and don't have to sit in the sun waiting or pay more for a meal. If you need covered seats, then yes, buy the meal.

I take re-usable plastic utensils and just wipe them off with a napkin when I'm done, wrap another napkin around them and stick them in my bag or pocket. Lots of times the booths will run out of forks or knives or spoons right when you need one.

In general it is a good idea to have 2 different methods of payment at Disney I have found.

I too often have reusable silverware with me at the festivals but also wrap the plastic silverware I get there in a napkin and reuse multiple times. It is somewhat more wasteful but less wasteful than getting new at each booth. Those machines where you pull out the silverware and another drops down that they installed post Covid tend to jam too. It is easier to keep my silverware with me.

For those who have been before - what are the lines like at the booths for a weekday?
Not bad. But be aware that like any day (weekday or weekend) the booth lines get busier in the evening. During past festivals, during the weekdays, our waits have ranged from nobody in line ahead of us to as long as ten or so minutes

I am thinking of booking a dinner to get seating to one of the shows but I cannot seem to find out what the menus are for the 4 restaurants that are featured. I would like to know what their pre-set menu is before I even try to buy. Are they listed anywhere? Thank you

Last September, which was slow overall in WDW, we went on a Tuesday, and it the lines were ridiculously long. Now, I should note that it was the day Space 220 opened, and the ratatouille ride was doing a soft open for CMs and their families, dvc owners, club 33 members, military families, theravada Buddhists, people with teens, people with babies, people with teens who had babies, and anyone whose name began with a letter between D and L. I was not one of those people, but seemed like everyone else there was a) clogging up the F&W lines, and b) getting ready for a trackless rodent romp. Also, it was also pretty close to the kickoff of the 50th Anniversary. All that's to say that it could have been an anomaly, but I distinctly remember feeling like those lines just moved real slow, and that was without anyone using snack credits which can sometimes explain delays at the register.

I have easily been able to see bands without waiting hours outside, but you do need to go in about a half hour before they start. the 1st show is usually the most crowded and the 8 pm the least crowded. Unless you want to be front and center or you have a very large party, you really don't need a dining package.

Dining packages never previously had a pre-set menu, you ordered each of your items off the regular menu. They might have excluded some extra expensive entrees. Who knows what it will be like now after COVID though. if you go to Biergarten there weren't any restrictions, you get the full buffet.

So far I am underwhelmed with the lack of new booths, musical artists and most importantly - no events. We haven't missed a Food and Wine in nearly 10 years and usually spend a total of 2 weeks or so on property, but this year it may just be a long weekend. I'm feeling pretty okay with letting our AP lapse as we used them mostly for Epcot festivals and they've not been great this year at all. Just a lot of re-treads of previous events, which I totally got when it was "taste of" during the height of the pandemic. But things at Disney are returning to normal and they're still not making an effort here.

Meh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter