2022 Candlelight Processional dining package

Yes I changed the number of people via chat from the UK and it was updated on MDE straight away 😊

I was dealing with a similar situation and I want to acknowledge people who recently posted here about that kind of issue, and especially @elletaylor for this tip. I just booked a solo vacation in mid-December and I could only find a Candlelight package for 3-4 people (at Coral Reef). So I booked it with the intention to change my party size as I typically do with ADR, but there was no “change“ button, just the “cancel” button.

I used the chat function. The WDW agent asked me to provide information through a chat-based form s/he sent to me, and the party size was successfully modified from 3 to 1.

It will be an opportunity to have a first experience at Coral Reef where I have never eaten... and to have a seat for the Candlelight Procession with Neil P. Harris as the narrator... :D

I was dealing with a similar situation and I want to acknowledge people who recently posted here about that kind of issue, and especially @elletaylor for this tip. I just booked a solo vacation in mid-December and I could only find a Candlelight package for 3-4 people (at Coral Reef). So I booked it with the intention to change my party size as I typically do with ADR, but there was no “change“ button, just the “cancel” button.

I used the chat function. The WDW agent asked me to provide information through a chat-based form s/he sent to me, and the party size was successfully modified from 3 to 1.

It will be an opportunity to have a first experience at Coral Reef where I have never eaten... and to have a seat for the Candlelight Procession with Neil P. Harris as the narrator... :D
I'm so pleased that it worked for you too!

So I have a reservation at the Biergarten for Candlelight processional. I see that a couple "same day" dining options have opened. We will be in the park at opening and the Biergarten reservation is for 4pm. If I snag one of those the morning we attend, can I cancel the Biergaten reservation without penalty?

So I have a reservation at the Biergarten for Candlelight processional. I see that a couple "same day" dining options have opened. We will be in the park at opening and the Biergarten reservation is for 4pm. If I snag one of those the morning we attend, can I cancel the Biergaten reservation without penalty?
The candlelight dining packages require a 24 hour advance notice of cancelation in order to avoid a charge to your credit card.

Does anyone know if it's possible to request an earlier CP showtime when actually at the restaurant the day of?

I have a lunch package reservation at Le Cellier with an 8:30 showtime, and just found out a friend is coming in for the day and needs to do an early showtime because of flight times.

Going to see if I can find something online, but pretty sure when I looked I only had an option for the last show when I booked.

Does anyone know if it's possible to request an earlier CP showtime when actually at the restaurant the day of?

I have a lunch package reservation at Le Cellier with an 8:30 showtime, and just found out a friend is coming in for the day and needs to do an early showtime because of flight times.

Going to see if I can find something online, but pretty sure when I looked I only had an option for the last show when I booked.
I would guess not - but I don't know the answer to that. It wouldn't hurt to call Disney and ask if you can adjust your showtime. I don't think they will unless the earlier time is available in the system... but maybe a little Disney magic out there...

The cancellation penalty is $10pp, not the entire cost.

The cancellation penalty is $10pp, not the entire cost.
There has been some discussion similar to this. When we had a no show, two of our three came to dinner, (which seems similar to same day cancellation) for R&C Fireworks Dining (special event dining packing like CP Dining), they charged us the full amount, not a $10 no show/cancellation fee. I understand not exactly the same situation, but after our experience, I wouldn't risk it unless...

Maybe some others here can confirm one way or the other from experience - if they were able to cancel day-of special event dining package with only a $10/per person penalty.

There has been some discussion similar to this. When we had a no show, two of our three came to dinner, (which seems similar to same day cancellation) for R&C Fireworks Dining (special event dining packing like CP Dining), they charged us the full amount, not a $10 no show/cancellation fee. I understand not exactly the same situation, but after our experience, I wouldn't risk it unless...

Maybe some others here can confirm one way or the other from experience - if they were able to cancel day-of special event dining package with only a $10/per person penalty.
I don't post unless, I'm sure. Occasionally I'll post outdate info Rarely a total mistake.

My email confirmation for my CP reservation specifically mentioned the $10.pp fee. I checked it before I posted.
My email confirmation for my Spice Road Harmonious package, September 2022 specifically says full price unless you cancel one full day before.

The Harmonious package is prepaid at the time of booking. CP is paid when dining.

POSTERS SHOULD CHECK READING THEIR EMAILS, MDE and Disney website

Some threads posters post things as facts. Things which was true 10 years ago

General rule. Disney is more serious if the activity is prepaid.
Edited to correct typo

Last edited:
I don't post unless, I'm sure. Occasionally I'll post outdate onfo Rarely a total mistake.

My email confirmation for my CP reservation specifically mentioned the $10.pp fee. I checked it before I posted.
My email confirmation for my Spice Road Harmonious package, September 2022 specifically says full price unless you cancel one full day before.

The Harmonious package is prepaid at the time of booking. CP is paid when dining.

POSTERS SHOULD CHECK READING THEIR EMAILS, MDE and Disney website

Some threads posters post things as facts. Things which was true 10 years ago

General rule. Disney is more serious if the activity is prepaid.
Edited to correct typo
Just sharing my experience/fact from recent times (within the last year) - not 10 years ago. Agreed (per my original post), not the same (difference in prepay versus pay at dinner), just similar.

For my crew, we will always make sure to have the reservation we need by the time day of comes around - and/or cancel what we don't want to pay for. We have a big family (remarried with 6 kids between us) - even canceling at a cost of $10 pp can add up quickly.

I dropped our Candlelight Processional dining package. I've never been to the CP before - but that's okay. I will listen to it at a distance. I just didn't care for the food/menus/prices at the places offered. I'd rather take that money and have some holiday food "around the world". The castmember dropped my reservation originally when I needed to change it from 4 to 2 to avoid the extra charges. Then I sat on hold over an hour to fix something that a castmember did. Forget it. I'm just done with the nonsense. Bringing back some sanity to my trip.
Glad you made a decision that will work for you and your group. It's a lot of money if the food isn't appealing to you all. Sanity is worth a lot!!

I dropped our Candlelight Processional dining package. I've never been to the CP before - but that's okay. I will listen to it at a distance. I just didn't care for the food/menus/prices at the places offered. I'd rather take that money and have some holiday food "around the world". The castmember dropped my reservation originally when I needed to change it from 4 to 2 to avoid the extra charges. Then I sat on hold over an hour to fix something that a castmember did. Forget it. I'm just done with the nonsense. Bringing back some sanity to my trip.
Saaaaanity? Saniiiity? Nope. Sorry. Got no clue what that is. :crazy:

You can ask, but the answer will be no. Everything is pre-assigned and with limited seating they'd have no way of monitoring all the restaurants granting "requests". I'd suggest looking via the app vs online. The app showed multiple show times (if available) whereas on line, I could only see the dining time and the show time was given after the reservation was booked. The app allowed you to pick which show time before booking the package.

BTW: I had Rose & Crown CP originally - has anyone stopped and actually looked at their very limited menu? Didn't it used to be better? Sorry - it just didn't appeal to me at all.

Yep, the new menu is pretty awful - it used to be larger, more varied and so much better. The official line was that they were trying to offer more authentic British pub food, but to me it looks more like they were going for dishes that were cheaper to produce and could be made ahead in large batches. Not one remotely healthy choice on the menu. And no more cheese board or Bass Ale 😭. I booked this meal for my CP package, and after looking more closely I am very disappointed. Hoping for at least a decent table by the water to make up for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter