2021: What to do if a storm threatens your park reservations?

Seabean

Mouseketeer
We didn't think we'd be going this year but next week we will (our first late-Aug trip after usually going in July) A 6 night stay with only 2 park days, 1 for MK, the other for Epcot, very strategically planned.

Hello Fred, Grace, and whoever is next.

2021 presents a unique situation where one must make park reservations. Well, what happens if the night before your park rez it's apparent that a storm is going to wash out your day? Can you switch reservations for the next day? Or not because the park is rez-maxed out?

If a thread has already been posted on this, somebody please point it out, thanks.

Well, what happens if the night before your park rez it's apparent that a storm is going to wash out your day? Can you switch reservations for the next day? Or not because the park is rez-maxed out?
I don't think there's any plan for that at this point. In a situation like that, I would think that Disney would probably send an email to everyone that has park reservations on what they plan on doing if they had to close down for a short while.
I wouldn't worry about that anyway. I'd be more worried about flight cancellations.

if they had to close down for a short while.

It doesn't even have to be a park closuire. If it stays open but it's rainy and windy enough to make enough people say "not worth it, I'll rebook" ...and then the park "sells out" the next day because everyone from the rainy/windy day rebooked, then what? SOL?

You will have a great time in less crowded parks. They have only closed 3 days in the last 20 years. When you see a storm map 5+ days out, you know iit won’t be the same if/when there is actually a storm hitting. Have a great trip

if they had to close down for a short while.

It doesn't even have to be a park closuire. If it stays open but it's rainy and windy enough to make enough people say "not worth it, I'll rebook" ...and then the park "sells out" the next day because everyone from the rainy/windy day rebooked, then what? SOL?
Pretty much. Disney isn't known for giving rain day tickets. The only time they close for weather is if there is a hurricane. If you go during hurricane season that's the chance you take.

If you’re going next week, I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve been here since Saturday and have changed my plans multiple times and have had zero issues with reservations maxing out - even same day. It will be a different story once October 1 hits, but things are wide open right now.

2021 presents a unique situation where one must make park reservations. Well, what happens if the night before your park rez it's apparent that a storm is going to wash out your day? Can you switch reservations for the next day? Or not because the park is rez-maxed out?
Yes, you can switch reservations for the next day. If the park is rez-maxed out then you will not be able to switch.

We had one of our best days ever during a tropical storm! It poured on and off, we just wore ponchos and went with it! The crowds were nonexistent. We were at Animal Kingdon that day! Our claim to fame for that day was riding EE~ 14 times!!

Posted on another thread....don't worry about it. We were there in many TS and Hurricanes and they are almost never bad or such a short duration it isn't an issue. Last year they were predicting a direct hit by TS Isaias on the weather THAT MORNING but we went to the parks anyways and had a FABULOUS day. There was literally no one there, so we did whatever we felt like. It was overcast and breezy the better part of the day and we had one 20 minute torrential downpour and that was it all day. I know its hard, but seriously, its not worth worrying about. They can't even predict it correctly that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter