2021 Taste of Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

That's good then, I like working towards something even if it's little lol :)

We have never been to a festival in its final days. But this year we will just get to the Flower and Garden Festival on July 5th (the last day.) So my questions is, are things still in full swing on the final days of festivals or do they start to wind down, run out of food items, remove décor etc. during the last week?

So I've been watching the videos on F&G and watching for the new tervis tumbler. I absolutely love them and its been my only souvenir for the past few years and I was looking forward to getting the new one next month. HOWEVVEERRR.. I haven't seen them in the videos!
Has anyone here who has been to the festival verify that they are being sold?
Thanks..
There is a Corkcicle tumbler with Spike on it, but I haven't seen any pictures showing a Tervis :(

I might have missed it but for the Festival merchandise has anyone seen the salt and pepper shaker trash cans this year? I think they are cute but I haven't seen them in any of the pictures of merch.

With Epcot closing at 11 these days - are the Food kiosks open 'till 11 or do they close earlier?

With Epcot closing at 11 these days - are the Food kiosks open 'till 11 or do they close earlier?
In the past the kiosks start to close a few minutes before the park. They were all shut down by park closing. I assume it's still the same.

If EPCOT opening is 11AM and they are actually letting people in and some rides are open at 10AM, are the kiosks also open early?

I might have missed it but for the Festival merchandise has anyone seen the salt and pepper shaker trash cans this year? I think they are cute but I haven't seen them in any of the pictures of merch.

I haven’t seen them. I will keep my eyes open this weekend.

Hi was wondering if there is a condensed version of the menus for Flower and Garden festival that I can Print.
Thanks

Not that I’m aware of, but when you get to the park, you can pick up a booklet with menus from the same place they have park maps.

We are here now. What we’ve tried so far:
Frushi- was kind of bland, wouldn’t get again

Shrimp and crab- this was super yummy!

Canard Confit à l’Orange aux Gnocchi à la Parisienne- the duck had a good taste. Gnocchi kind of bland. Good size portion

Beignet Caramélisé, Fourré Crèm- so good, esp the middle!

La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy- very good drink, esp on a hot day

Last edited:
Tupelo Honey and Sweet Corn Spoon Bread - this was good, although ours was a little dry.

Taco vampiro- taco was good, but the stand out was the corn it came with! Spicy, and a bit like street corn. Would get this again just for the corn!

passion fruit margarita- this was ok, nothing special

crab and cheese wontons- good, but like wontons you can get anywhere.

marco bobas- especially good, as long as you like coffee! Loved this

Bayou cocktail- again, just ok. Feel like there will be better drinks

We just got home from our week long trip and got to sample some dishes from the festival. Here are our thoughts.
Local Wildflower Honey Mascarpone Cheesecake from the Honey Bee-stro
We also had the Lavender Honey Mustard Marinated Chicken flatbread from there too but did not get a picture. The cheesecake was delicious and the various types of honey used made this dish very interesting. It was one of our favorites. The flatbread was also quite good and was a nice size portion. Our group of three had two squares each. The goat cheese on it was quite mild which appealed to me because I am not a fan of stronger cheeses.
Grilled Baby Vegetables from Flavor Full Kitchen. This dish was a surprise sleeper. It was so good! It was our first dish of the day and remained one of the favorites of all the dishes we tasted if not THE favorite. Very simple crisp smokey grilled vegetables—the red sauce was tasty too.
Beef Tenderloin Tips and Maple Popcorn Shake from Northern Bloom. The beef was just ok. Nothing exciting. It was tender and tasted fine but was not a standout and was a little cold. The shake was quite sweet. You need to sip on it for awhile as it was so rich. The popcorn on top was delicious.
Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider, Fried Green Tomatoes, and Watermelon Salad from Festival Favorites. The slider’s flavors were amazing but it was super messy. You definitely needed a knife and fork and it was hard to share. The pickle and sauce were the best part but the meats were good as well. We did love the slider—one of our favorites. The fried green tomatoes were not good. The crab on top was cold and fishy—probably the worst of what we tried. The watermelon salad was delicious, light, and fresh.
Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade from Pineapple Promenade. We also had the Spicy Hot Dog from this booth but did not get a picture. The lemonade was tart and refreshing. I wish we had taken a picture of the hot dog before we demolished it! It was soooo good. The flavors of the pineapple chutney contrasted well with the spiciness of the hot dog. We loved it and rated it among our favs—right up there with the cheesecake, veggies, and slider.

Last edited:
My impressions of the items we had at F&G festival last week:

Avocado Toast - This was my clear "winner" for favorite item. Loved it.
Pretzel Bread w/Ham & Cheese - Tasted ok, but way too dry (maybe had been sitting too long?). Pretty disappointing.
Street Corn - Liked it.
Citrus Shortcake - Liked it.
Tarte aux Oignons Caramélisés et Chèvre - Very good.
Macaron Lollipop - I didn't taste it, but my wife liked it a lot.
Wontons - As someone noted earlier, these are good but nothing special... pretty much the same as crab rangoon from our local takeout place.
Citrus smoothie (Orange Bird sipper) - My wife wanted one of these but couldn't finish it, so I got about half of it. I liked it a lot more than I expected to. Very refreshing.
Tupelo Honey and Sweet Corn Spoon Bread - Tasted ok, but was drier than I expected it to be. I was too full to get the Lavender Honey Flatbread (I kind of wish I'd gotten it instead of the spoon bread).
There were several other items I would have liked to try, but we couldn't eat any more.

I'm going by myself for one day only. Over the course of the day I'm guessing I can manage to eat around 6 things, maybe 8-9 if I don't finish it all, but I hate wasting food.

I usually go with my teenaged daughter whose metabolism is still in overdrive, and I buy everything I want to try, eat a bite or two, and hand it over to her to polish off. This will be a new and limiting experience.

What would you all recommend as the top 6 dishes, taking variety into account?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter