2021 advice

Unless you have a package and have tickets tied to each hotel stay within a packaged. I figured that’s what she meant
Got it. I have one of those tickets that expire in Sept. 2021. With that ticket, and my resort-only reservation, the system would only allow me to make one set of park pass reservations corresponding to my resort stay. I would assume that even if I made another resort stay, I could not simultaneously hold two sets of park passes with my single ticket, even though it is open-ended. But I haven't tried to test it.

Last edited:
I have moved our trip from May 2020 to December 2020 to early May 2021. Hoping for the best! Surly by then it should be ok...

The common cold is a Corona virus. There is no cure or vaccine there either. You need to accept you either are going to live the new life or never leave the house (said in nice friendly way).
I mean no disrespect, however, I doubt that the brilliant scientific minds currently working on a vaccine would beg to differ. Again, no disrespect intended.

I mean no disrespect, however, I doubt that the brilliant scientific minds currently working on a vaccine would beg to differ. Again, no disrespect intended.

None taken and no disrespect to folks working on this. They have a daunting task.

That seems like a flaw in the system then. You're supposed to only be able to make park pass reservations after you've purchased a ticket. So if you're saying you can have one ticket (say, a 5-day ticket) but essentially apply it to multiple trips as long as you have multiple resort stays, that seems like an error. I would assume Disney would fix that if they become aware of it.
I have two packages.

We're booking for Sept 2021. IF crowd capacity is back to full - then it's typically a less crowded time of year. If capacity is still limited, then we'll be able to take advantage of that. I feel that by that time, Disney will have an even better handle on how to handle the situation. And we'll have more time to get used to masks, restrictions, reservations, etc.

You will not be in a 100% protected bubble even with a proven vaccine. It is what it is.

Obviously, the longer you prolong a trip to Disney the safer you should be if a vaccine and treatment are found.

We really don't even know what Disney will do now for the 50th anniversary celebration. They may decide to cancel any celebration or radically reduce what they will do. Without good revenue coming in they may not want to spend not knowing how strong the turnout will be.

That aside if you still have a reduced experience at the parks it may be better to wait for a better time to go.

I want to do a four generation trip and I wanted to go during the 50th celebration myself but it may not happen now. I haven't given up but I'm doubting we will go until late 2022.

We are planning on the last week of May and the first week of June 2021. The girls are starting to look at 2022 because no characters means no trip to them. And they are starting to look at Universal where meeting characters does not matter to them. it takes me 3 years to save the 20K+ for this vacation and Gwen actually said no reason to pay for a 2nd rate experience.

We had planned to book WDW for Oct 2021, but booked a Universal trip (our first!) instead. Table service meal ADRs and characters are not going to be as big a deal for our family at Universal, and we don't have to deal with whatever changes WDW makes to FP+. I feel like we can roll with whatever restrictions there are as long as we are allowed on the rides and in the shops.

I always feel it doesn't matter if we book now or a few months from now--we always end up changing things around (dates, the resort, etc.), which is part of the fun...the deals and specials will ultimately dictate when we go though!

We have two for 2021.One for summer one for fall. Park passes on both. There is wishy washiness in the system.

How do you have a reservation for the fall? I was under the impression you couldn't make reservations past Sept 2021?

We postponed our sept 2021 trip to 2022. Would prefer the full experience without the crowds of those who couldn’t go this year.

We postponed our sept 2021 trip to 2022. Would prefer the full experience without the crowds of those who couldn’t go this year.
If we didn't have expensive first class airline tickets that require us to travel within a certain time frame, I would 100% push our trip out to 2022. I really hate to lose that money, but if things aren't better next summer, I think we will just cancel the whole thing and take the hit.

Rescheduling our August trip for May 2021 today- does anyone know about the possibility of extra magic hours? Given thats basically a year away, I would hope that more things are back such as fireworks, EMH, etc. Are you able to switch park reservations around? I'm going to get park reservations as soon as I change our dates, but I want to know if I will have the ability to change them should a bit more normalcy return by then.

Thank you for this thread - exactly what I was looking for. I have pushed all trips off for 2020, but booked a trip for late January 2021. Have a resort reservation, and I went ahead and bought a plane ticket with Delta, since I can cancel and receive a refund (although I still have to fly by July 2021).

Now I'm seriously thinking I jumped the gun, as I'm afraid cases will surge even worse this winter. Really hoping things have improved enough by January that I can go. I had planned for 2021 to be full of Disney trips due to the 50th :(

We are hoping for a spring break trip for 2021...but we won't go if there are still all these restrictions and limited things in place.

Is there a time that you can go where you can quarantine when you get back from your trip? That way if you are nervous about the virus, you know you won't have to immediately go back to work, etc. After pushing back 2020 trips multiple times, I booked one for April and one for July. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can at least go in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter