2020 Free Dining?

Kagoguen

Mouseketeer
I somehow changed my location from United States (English) to United Kingdom (English) and noticed they are being offered Disney Free Dining for stays between 1/1/2020 through 3/29/2020 and from 4/19/2020 through 10/3/2020. I was wondering why they are offered that so far out and we here in the U.S are not. I thought the reason that was done was to drum up business for the slow time at WDW, so was just wondering if anyone knew why.

There are often much better packages offered to U.K. guests. And cheaper than us packages

I somehow changed my location from United States (English) to United Kingdom (English) and noticed they are being offered Disney Free Dining for stays between 1/1/2020 through 3/29/2020 and from 4/19/2020 through 10/3/2020. I was wondering why they are offered that so far out and we here in the U.S are not. I thought the reason that was done was to drum up business for the slow time at WDW, so was just wondering if anyone knew why.

That is a very typical offer for U.K. Disney wants to lure them to spend all of their vacation time (which is often 10 or more days) and money on site and with Disney.

The minimum amount of annnual leave legally for the UK is 28 days. We have 8 bank holidays and usually companies require you to take 3 or 4 days off for christmas. This leaves around 3 weeks holiday free and often most companies offer more.. my company i get 20 days after xmas and can carry days over to the next year if i need.

Our summer holidays are also different.. start end of july and end in September.

Disney want people to use 14 / 21 days on property... because of the long flight thats why we get these offers.. and a 14 / 21 day ultimate ticket.

I think it is extra incentinve not to just get a villa for the two / three weeks and spend more time at other theme parks.

The minimum amount of annnual leave legally for the UK is 28 days. We have 8 bank holidays and usually companies require you to take 3 or 4 days off for christmas. This leaves around 3 weeks holiday free and often most companies offer more.. my company i get 20 days after xmas and can carry days over to the next year if i need.

Our summer holidays are also different.. start end of july and end in September.

Disney want people to use 14 / 21 days on property... because of the long flight thats why we get these offers.. and a 14 / 21 day ultimate ticket.

I think it is extra incentinve not to just get a villa for the two / three weeks and spend more time at other theme parks.

Are you needing to show a passport when checking in to the hotel for the deal? Or just when activating the ticket? Or not at all?

Not that i am aware of.. I haven't been yet. But i think you need a UK / EU *I think EU is same deal* registered address and payment card to actually book it. So i suppose if you had someone you knew in the UK they could purchase it in your name? But i am not sure.

Attraction Tickets might let you purchase.. but i dont know how you would collect them as they need to be sent in the post..

So does this mean the US will eventually get free dining with the same dates listed for UK?

Unlikely for 2019 - UK had pretty much all year except Easter. Not the case in US. But it is substantially lower this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter