• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I just finished my last weekend run. Just 7.5 miles but for some reason it was really hard! My legs just didn’t want to go. I was feeling good about next Sunday but that run definitely shook my confidence :/

You're not alone! I just did my last long run, I only did 6 miles and it was so hard to whole time. I never really felt like I got into a good rhythm. I feel well trained, so hopefully it was just one of those days and be back to my normal self on Sunday.

Sitting here with an empty suitcase. Cold/cooler weather training and the seemingly warmer weather we’re in store for has me all :confused3 for the right running clothes. 5 options for 2 races seems normal, right?

I know, runD problems... I’ll make it through. :goodvibes

Safe travels and good health to all runners, volunteers, and spectators next weekend.

Are you running too or just DW?! Safe travels!

Oh no! Quick healing thoughts for your husband!

Sending lots of pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: and healing thoughts to your husband.

Oh no! I came down with a bit of a cold yesterday. Not serious, but annoying since I fly out on Wednesday. Hoping I can get some rest the next couple of days and that Zicam does the trick! Praying for quick healing for your husband!

Thank you all so much. It must have helped because he's been a bit better each day, and he's back to feeling excited about our trip. We'll keep him rested and getting better so he can enjoy it.

Lovingeire, sending you well wishes in the hipes that your cold is up and out of your system soon!

Take care everyone. You've got this. :)

And I have a spectator question: husband wants to meet me at the Epcot finish line for the half. We're staying at All Star Sports. Would he just grab the bus that between the finish line and the host resorts that starts at 6? I wasn't sure if that one was just for runners and went one way.

And I have a spectator question: husband wants to meet me at the Epcot finish line for the half. We're staying at All Star Sports. Would he just grab the bus that between the finish line and the host resorts that starts at 6? I wasn't sure if that one was just for runners and went one way.

Yes, just take any race bus that is running. They will go back to the finish area.

You're not alone! I just did my last long run, I only did 6 miles and it was so hard to whole time. I never really felt like I got into a good rhythm. I feel well trained, so hopefully it was just one of those days and be back to my normal self on Sunday.

Are you running too or just DW?! Safe travels!
Here’s to resting up and hydrating this week and hoping for the best! Good luck!

Oh no! I came down with a bit of a cold yesterday. Not serious, but annoying since I fly out on Wednesday. Hoping I can get some rest the next couple of days and that Zicam does the trick! Praying for quick healing for your husband!

Oh no! I always combine my Zicam with Emergen-C. Works almost every time!

Sitting here with an empty suitcase. Cold/cooler weather training and the seemingly warmer weather we’re in store for has me all :confused3 for the right running clothes. 5 options for 2 races seems normal, right?

I know, runD problems... I’ll make it through. :goodvibes

Safe travels and good health to all runners, volunteers, and spectators next weekend.

Totally normal! It's better to be overprepared than underprepared!

This is probably a silly question but it just came to mind. When everyone takes their medal photos at the end of the weekend with all of their medals, how do you position them for the photo? I'm imagining myself awkwardly trying to place them on my arm while the PhotoPass photographer looks at me funny lol. Any tips? :blush:

Lasting Commemoratives has this poster for sale on their website. Anyone else find it interesting that Elena is not on it? (She’s out of place to begin with in comparison to the others, but I’m still surprised there’s no 5K representation on the poster)

38E1C403-7D41-41F5-817C-9BB439289B04.png

Anyone who did marathon weekend, how efficiently were the buses running after the half? My husband has to leave for a work trip and they booked him an earlier flight than we hoped...I'll need to get back to the hotel as quickly as possible to trade off for our toddler so he can leave for the airport. Is Uber/lyft a better option?

Uber is way on the other side of the epcot parking lot close to where the resort bus stop is.

This is probably a silly question but it just came to mind. When everyone takes their medal photos at the end of the weekend with all of their medals, how do you position them for the photo? I'm imagining myself awkwardly trying to place them on my arm while the PhotoPass photographer looks at me funny lol. Any tips? :blush:

The photographers always place my medals on my arm for me ---> see my profile pic!

Two more sleeps till we fly out. While the whole family is excited about the trip, I think I'm a lot more excited about the running than the kids are. Hopefully once we get down there and go to the expo their excitement will pickup.

Anyone else flying Southwest and nervous about the "operational emergency" they've declared because the labor dispute they've got going on with mechanics. I think as of Friday they had cancelled 100 flights (which was only 2% of their flights) because of it. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse.

One more sleep for me! I’m taking the auto train tomorrow and will be arriving early Wednesday morning.
Safe travels everyone and remember to hydrate! It looks like it’s going to be a warm race weekend.

Oh no! I always combine my Zicam with Emergen-C. Works almost every time

I do drink emergen-C almost daily since I’m teaching most days. Al the little germs I try to stay ahead of the game. I did add Zicam to th Emil this weekend (forgot to bring it to work today) and I’m feeling quite a bit better so hoping it will all be gone by the time I get in the plane Wed...when I’ll be exposed to another body of germs! Lol!

The photographers always place my medals on my arm for me ---> see my profile pic!

I wish photogs did this for me. I am the one awkwardly placing. Them with jo clue what they look like till I see the pictures! I think I’ll ask this weekend!

Two more sleeps till we fly out. While the whole family is excited about the trip, I think I'm a lot more excited about the running than the kids are. Hopefully once we get down there and go to the expo their excitement will pickup.

Anyone else flying Southwest and nervous about the "operational emergency" they've declared because the labor dispute they've got going on with mechanics. I think as of Friday they had cancelled 100 flights (which was only 2% of their flights) because of it. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse.

I totally missed this about Southwest. I guess I live in a bubble. Fingers crossed between that and weather my flight goes out as expected on a Wednesday.

I totally missed this about Southwest. I guess I live in a bubble. Fingers crossed between that and weather my flight goes out as expected on a Wednesday.
We just changed our flight out of DC Wednesday to Tuesday due to the weather, hadn’t heard about the other issue...

Hadn't heard the news about Southwest, either. Interesting. I kind of feel like the universe is forcing me to just forget about this trip, and I refuse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter