• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Do the race packages/bibs/etc. (or whatever they get) for the kids races need to be picked up a day before like the regular races or can that be done on Saturday morning? Thanks!

Yep, Go the Distance and Almost There like @keahgirl8 said. Go the Distance is my personal fave. <3

Also Seize the Day from Newsies and How Far I’ll Go. I’m drawing a blank right now,
but I’ll post more if I remember.

Mine too!

That's better than the unending repeat of "Following the Leader" during the ENTIRE 2017 Tink 5K!!!

Yikes. I did hear about that.

Having trouble staying motivated in the final stages of training. So much snow here. Terrible weather. So sick of the treadmill. I’m always glad to finish a run, but man, is it boring. Dying to get outside and run. But that is months away—except for the time in Florida next week. Hope I’ve trained enough for my 10k. Looking so FYI getting away with my fourteen year old daughter. We have a great weekend planned!

Sometimes you just have to do it anyway whether you’re motivated or not. We do things all the time because we have to, not because we want to. Sometimes training (or any other kind of exercise or healthy eating) has to be one of those things. I know it’s hard, but it’s worth it.

First timer here again! If we want to be towards the front of our corral (c) what time should we plan to be there? I feel like I have no clue what’s going on. This is my first big race and there’s a lot of info out there but it isn’t specific. Planning a 20 min walk to the corral just not sure what time to actually show up if we want to be up front. Thanks!

Edit: I like to have a few parks songs on my playlist too! I have the happily ever after music, wishes, and carousel of progress :)

Last year was my first princess weekend and I did the race retreat and had early access to the Expo. I don't think I will be doing that again this year, so can anyone tell what the line will be like right at 10am on Thursday when it opens? How early do you suggest I get there to line up?

Last year was my first princess weekend and I did the race retreat and had early access to the Expo. I don't think I will be doing that again this year, so can anyone tell what the line will be like right at 10am on Thursday when it opens? How early do you suggest I get there to line up?

Every year it’s different. I’m sure we’ll get on the first bus and see what it’s like. Last year it was a breeze even for those of us without early access but got there early. We stood or sat in a well organized, indoors, line to the rundisney merchandise area, they opened the doors early to a well stocked room, chose stuff, purchased without a huge line, and we were off. Easy. In previous years it’s beem different in different ways.

Also, since there are three buildings being used for things, it depends on your priority. For someone who doesn’t want all the rundisney merchandise they’ll skip that building.

First timer here again! If we want to be towards the front of our corral (c) what time should we plan to be there? I feel like I have no clue what’s going on. This is my first big race and there’s a lot of info out there but it isn’t specific. Planning a 20 min walk to the corral just not sure what time to actually show up if we want to be up front. Thanks!

Edit: I like to have a few parks songs on my playlist too! I have the happily ever after music, wishes, and carousel of progress :)

I always take the first or second bus (if you're taking a bus). I'd rather be waiting near the corrals than waiting in traffic.

Every year it’s different. I’m sure we’ll get on the first bus and see what it’s like. Last year it was a breeze even for those of us without early access but got there early. We stood or sat in a well organized, indoors, line to the rundisney merchandise area, they opened the doors early to a well stocked room, chose stuff, purchased without a huge line, and we were off. Easy. In previous years it’s beem different in different ways.

Also, since there are three buildings being used for things, it depends on your priority. For someone who doesn’t want all the rundisney merchandise they’ll skip that building.

Again, first bus for me on this too. Last year, I had early access, and I'm really sad I'm not doing the half this year (for many reasons) since I won't have it. I just like doing things early.

I always take the first or second bus (if you're taking a bus). I'd rather be waiting near the corrals than waiting in traffic.

Again, first bus for me on this too. Last year, I had early access, and I'm really sad I'm not doing the half this year (for many reasons) since I won't have it. I just like doing things early.
First timer here. I’m seeing a lot of people mention “first bus.” Are there only a certain number of buses? Are there only certain times that the buses come? I’m staying at Pop if that matters...

Can I ask, as I'm travelling today, some of the waivers on the races I've booked haven't come through yet. Is there a facility to print and scan when I'm there? I booked some kids races last minute!

First timer here. I’m seeing a lot of people mention “first bus.” Are there only a certain number of buses? Are there only certain times that the buses come? I’m staying at Pop if that matters...

The buses start to run to the races at 3:30 for the 5k and 10k and 3:00 for the half. They will run continuously til 5. That's the window you need to hit. These buses are coach buses from outside companies. In general, things go smoothly, but here are the occasional issues with (pick one) unfamiliar/lost drivers, traffic, etc. So the buses don't exactly come on a "rigid/regular" schedule. There will be a Disney CM at the bu stop, and they will help if there are issues, but that doesn't happen too, too often.

Some people just like to get on the earliest bus(es) so that they get to the start early and bypass any potential transportation issues.

I like all the music suggestions so far. I also like "Touch the Sky" from Brave and "One Jump Ahead" from Aladdin, "Immortals and Top of the World" from Big Hero 6, "Little Wonders" from Meet the Robinsons. And "When Can I see you again" from Wreck it Ralph.

My generic runDisney playlist also has some of the songs from the Soarin queue like themes from the Rocketeer and the Last Starfighter, as well as the theme from "Father of the Bride" )which I always thought was an odd choice for that ride's queue.

Can I ask, as I'm travelling today, some of the waivers on the races I've booked haven't come through yet. Is there a facility to print and scan when I'm there? I booked some kids races last minute!

they will have a spot to print waivers at the Expo. I think the waivers that are online now are only for people that booked before 1/23. I'm going to print my confirmation, and hope that it will all work out at the Expo.

The buses start to run to the races at 3:30 for the 5k and 10k and 3:00 for the half. They will run continuously til 5. That's the window you need to hit. These buses are coach buses from outside companies. In general, things go smoothly, but here are the occasional issues with (pick one) unfamiliar/lost drivers, traffic, etc. So the buses don't exactly come on a "rigid/regular" schedule. There will be a Disney CM at the bu stop, and they will help if there are issues, but that doesn't happen too, too often.

Some people just like to get on the earliest bus(es) so that they get to the start early and bypass any potential transportation issues.

Just to add a little bit more. When you get to Epcot there is an area with a Stage and Characters for people to get pictures with. Some people try to get there early to get these pictures. Access to the corrals is usually gated off until a certain point. I think it's about an hour before race start. Some people want to be right at the gate so that they can get to the front of whatever corral they are in.

Yep. The info should be in the Event Guide linked to in the Runner Info section of the rundisney Princess site.

I once sat in my pre-corral for wine and dine watching buses pulling up as we were getting up and starting to walk towards the start. That’s not fun for those on the buses.

Now while you can’t do that at Princess (corrals are set up differently), having people missing out on their corrals can happen. Being on an early bus helps eliminate that worry.

Seriously - aren't they rather late with this merchandise preview? The expo opens in a week.
I looked back at the merchandise previews from Marathon Weekend 2019 and Wine and Dine 2018. The marathon weekend preview was 5 days before the expo, and Wine and Dine was 6 days before. Both were posted on a Friday, so hopefully tomorrow will be our lucky day!

This is from Marathon Weekend 2017. The setup is likely to be nearly identical. Ignore all mentions of meet-ups as that was specific to MW 2017.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 5.53.09 PM.png

The first buses are at 3:00am. When I tend to get on the first bus, I tend to arrive around 3:35-3:45am to EPCOT (OKW and AKL most recent hotel stays). The Pink arrows represent the walk from the bus drop-off to the place where the crowds are held (orange X) until sometime around 4:15am (sometime slightly earlier and sometime slightly later). Here's a pic of the holding area:

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 5.55.45 PM.png

Youtube link:

There are a plethora of portas in that area. Then the black arrow on the map above represents the "walk to the corrals" which takes another 10-15 minutes from the holding area (so much longer than that arrow). There is another smaller set of portas outside the actual corrals.

If you walk with the crowd when the corral walk is released (around 4:15am), then use the portas outside the corrals, then walk into Corral C, then you should likely be able to get to the front of the corral. For those in Corral F, it tends to fill much faster at the front as when I usually pass using the same system as above that corral is usually several people deep already.

BFF and I are dressing as Aurora (one pink, one blue) for the half. Have Ariel themed outfits for the 10K, which we've worn before.

To be honest, my training has really suffered this winter. This is the first time I've signed up for a race this time of year since moving to PA and I am no good at winter training. I should have stuck to the 10K I think. But lesson learned. I don't think I will ever train as well through the winter now that I live here instead of FL!

Also, I am really hoping for a merch preview soon since a week from now I'll be on a plane to MCO!

How elaborate are you dressing as Aurora? DD and I are dressing up completely. Another Father/Daughter weekend. She will be King Stephan and me as Aurora. Outfit is not complete yet. Another couple of fittings to go :lmao:. Have to resize the pic to post. Back in a bit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter