2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

I am going for a quick weekend at the end of August but not staying long enough for FD. But, I'm totally coming down for a weekend for the express purpose of booking a bounceback for next year, so yeah...I have a problem.

Hi my names dana and I have the same problem! Lol we were there March tried for a B.B. and the dates didn’t work- now with FD these dates won’t work. We will still go but no FD :( maybe my 2019 BB will be the winner!!

I keep getting this message:
Someone Ate the Page!
Or for some other reason, the page you're looking for cannot be located. Just in case, please check the URL.

Me too. This trip was supposed to be for house hunting but ended up booking 4 days at Disney and 7 at universal. Never went during September though!
We love going in September we rotate though between September and Nov/Dec this year we have 9 days at GF and 4 at Portofino!!!

This reminds me that I remember back when we had to call in, people here would post other numbers besides just the main one that could often help route you more quickly to an actual CM. This could be helpful information to some if that still works. Does anyone here remember that? I was just a lurker back then, so I don’t have any of that info saved.
Yes! I remember, too, the tip about selecting Spanish instead of English during the prompts so you could get through quicker.

What's the best guess for drop time on this?
Last year it was about 4:30am CST. The year before I woke up at 3:45am and it had just become available as I checked it at 3:10am before snoozing for a bit. Who really knows when it will drop. Just depends on when the website starts working with the promos available for booking!!!!!

Can't seem to figure out how to load my Disney Visa in MDE without making a payment. Is there a way to do this or do I have to make a $20 payment?

What is the quickest way to tell if it dropped when I wake up in the middle of night if I wake up in the middle of the night?
I’ll admit that last year I had 2 iPads & my phone refreshing constantly. I was simultaneously checking here for news & the Disney site. I went with the device that accessed it first! I had to make 2 separate reservations—one for my family & one for my parents. So once I realized it was live, I began making both on separate devices—going back & forth as the pages loaded. It sounds hard, but it really wasn’t. I was just determined to do my best to get both of us what we wanted so that was how I went about it.:teleport:

I have the same predicament. I booked 14 days but will only stay 10 because my work hasn’t approved which dates. What do I risk if I get FD and have to cancel 4?

They won’t just let you cancel days anymore. Say you book September 1-14 with FD. But then you decide you only need the 2nd-12th. If there’s not availability for those dates, you will lose the FD. If you’re open to switching resorts, you may have more options. How soon till you’d find out the exact dates you could get off? The longer you wait, the less chance you have of getting what you want.

Shame it's such a crapshoot as to what time it will drop, I was up all night last night too lol.

My trip is booked from 9-4 to 9-11 in a Pop Standard room with the hopper and QS DP. Seeing that I'm already booked, does that make it anymore likely that I'll definitely get it?

Has anyone who has met the availability of FD ever been denied due to them only offering so many of a certain room at a resort?

The Epcot/DHS debate I've been having with myself is neverending. My 4 year old (who is will be turning 5 while we are there), is a Frozen Fanatic (no surprise there). The only thing outside Epcot I could find that was really up her alley was the Frozen Sing-A-Long at DHS. With Toy Story Land opening this year, I was pretty set that we would just forego Epcot and go to DHS (although to be honest, neither of my girls have gotten into the Toy Story thing, just me and my husband LOL). I was thinking about replanning the DHS day and replacing a full Epcot day instead.

I should go search some posts for the best little kid friendly stuff in Epcot and see if it's just worth committing to that instead of DHS. Soooo many choices. :teacher:

Thank you for the tips!
I feel like there's quite a bit for littles to do at Epcot. Soarin, Nemo, Turtle Talk, Spaceship Earth, and FEA. Garden Grill is our favorite of all the character meals. Or Akershus since your daughter likes princesses. Epcot is also great for meeting characters (especially princesses!). My kids also love getting the passport stamps and exploring all the shops within WS.

That said, I also consider DHS to be a full day park. Even more so with TSL opening. So I wouldn't skip either!.....sorry I'm no help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter