2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

This is why I said everyone should check tomorrow to see if it drops, but I was told it will drop on Tuesday and this is from the source that gave me all the correct info last year. I don't get my info from the SA site. Hopefully my info will hit another home run this year.
Thanks for the info! Fingers crossed

Last edited:
I guess I'm more worried than I thought I was. I had a dream that I got up and found out FD had been released last night at 8pm and I was scrAmblscs to try and get it for myself.
Hmmm...not sure about this one. I think there are certain things that are not covered if you don't do it at the time of booking, but if I were you, I'd go read the terms of the insurance now before you need to book so you know for sure. Either that or go ahead and include the insurance with anything you book. You can always cancel the insurance later if you don't want it.

Hopefully you picked up what you need from all the posts, but if not....NO you don't just go in and click "add dining." That won't get you the promo. You should have a "change reservation" link somewhere on your reservation page. When you follow that link and FD is out there, it should show you the different offers. You click on the "free dining" offer and follow the prompts. It will ask you if you want to upgrade to another dining plan at some point through the steps.[/QUOT

I hope it’s tomorrow. I don’t like waiting. I have to keep going back and forth between the Disney website this website and carnival cruise website to make sure I get what I want.

What is up with the talk about Vaca insurance? I've never seen it as a necessity in getting the promo before.

:hourglassThank you Disney Ron for the info. Although I’ll check tonight, we were supposed to be at a great Wolf lodge this weekend. My kids have off school Monday and now I’m home with tomorrow. Son fractured his arm and in cast this week and then daughter started vomiting on Thursday. So cancelled that trip.
So I was REALLY hoping for a win with free dining when I’m off with them Monday instead of a work day. But as long as we all
Get what we hoped for.. 2 days without sleep will be worth it . Waiting and hoping. :hourglass

Last edited:
Just picked up my $200 Disney gift card for $190 at Target---ready to book whatever day it drops....Still not sure if I am going or if I want to hold off until the end of 2019....We were there in January---don't know if I can wait almost 2 years.

I noticed on the WDE website that the room prices went up over the weekend. I'm assuming they do that right before free dining/room discounts come out?

I wrote down the daily prices for my dates a few months ago and they are still the same now. What dates are you looking at?

Just picked up my $200 Disney gift card for $190 at Target---ready to book whatever day it drops....Still not sure if I am going or if I want to hold off until the end of 2019....We were there in January---don't know if I can wait almost 2 years.

Is that at any Target, or a members special or..."

What is up with the talk about Vaca insurance? I've never seen it as a necessity in getting the promo before.
It's not necessary for the promotion. I was letting them know how/when they could get the insurance.

So my dates won't be available for FD most likely, however does the RO discount follow the same date and room exclusions? Thinking that since we won't get FD maybe we can still get the RO discount...?

I think your question got buried in a discussion about ingognito, so let me see if I can help.

The room discounts rarely follow the same dates and exclusions, so you should see something. However, room discounts that come out at the same time the FD offer drops will only be for stays through the first of Oct or so. The rest of the year will have to wait until late June or July for their room discount offer.

I know that FD dropped at 5:30am in 2017 but time did FD droop in previous years? I want to evaluate what time I should get up tomorrow. I think 3am PST may be too late.

I am finding the same thing. Many of the rooms that were available right along at Pop (especially standard rooms) are no longer available. And what are still available have gone up by 30 - 50 dollars per quote.

I am finding the same thing. Many of the rooms that were available right along at Pop (especially standard rooms) are no longer available. And what are still available have gone up by 30 - 50 dollars per quote.

I agree - I've been looking almost every day at POP Standard rooms for Labor Day week since January. They've always had availability except for this morning. Hmmm....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter