2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the glass you receive for the Remy's Ratatouille Hide & Squeak.... how many ounces is it? Can't tell from the pictures how big?

For the glass you receive for the Remy's Ratatouille Hide & Squeak.... how many ounces is it? Can't tell from the pictures how big?

I'm going to venture 12 ounces. Definitely bigger than a "juice" glass, but not so large to be 16 oz. Hope that helps somewhat.

For those who have done it before, how much time should we allot for the Parisian Breakfast? We've got FEA FP that end at 10:45 and I'm not realizing we might be cutting it close.
I think most people are done around an hour. So maybe 10 or 10:15 at the latest?

Thanks... that's good to know. Do you have a picture of the LE card? Last year I didn't know about it until our last day and at that time didn't think we'd spend the entire $200. Now I wish I would have gotten it and I could have saved it to use this year!!! So this year, I will go on the first day to pick one up! Lord knows that $250 will go quick! haha! We always use GCs for the festivals.... just so much easier!
I may be wrong but I honestly thought this gift card could be used anywhere you would use a disney gift card. I didn't think it was limited to festival use. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong!

When I saw it was vegetarian, I had to pass.
I've heard some good things about this from non-vegetarians!

When it says medallion to they really mean a pin? That looks really cool and we would totally use up the $250 since we aren’t doing the dining plan. BUT we get 3x points for dining... decisions decisions
It looks like it might be like a "pin" but maybe it is more of a "slider" instead of actually having a pin backing?

These glasses really really look like the "spirit cups" a lot of kids sell around here for fundraisers. They have that reflective sort of surface. If it is like these they are very sturdy cups and hold 16 oz of liquid if filled to the very top. Maybe someone who actually has one can measure for us?

I'm going to venture 12 ounces. Definitely bigger than a "juice" glass, but not so large to be 16 oz. Hope that helps somewhat.

I can measure mine when I get home, but ~12oz seems about right

Not sure if this helps but you can see my 9yo daughter holding hers in this picture:
IMG_8817.JPG

How does rain affect crowds at the festival - specifically on the weekend. Would they be down a bit from a nice weekend or still crazy?

How does rain affect crowds at the festival - specifically on the weekend. Would they be down a bit from a nice weekend or still crazy?
People attending on the weekend have typically planned that visit ahead of time. They typically aren't going to let the standard daily afternoon thunderstorm stop them.

When it says medallion to they really mean a pin? That looks really cool and we would totally use up the $250 since we aren’t doing the dining plan. BUT we get 3x points for dining... decisions decisions

I can’t speak to this year, but purchased last year and was not a pin (if crafty, maybe could convert?)

We were there on opening day and they were already out of them, for the day at least - I think they did get some in for the next few days, but sounds like that is it

I certainly get not wanting to be saddled with thousands of unsold flasks, but you had to know Disney fans would like this and at least have enough to get through like 1/2 the festival!

We saw a ton on the 30th and on the evening of the 1st. They are the same beakers they used to use for the Phineas and Ferb Doofenslurper with a different sticker, of course. Maybe they had a bunch of those left over, LOL!

These glasses really really look like the "spirit cups" a lot of kids sell around here for fundraisers. They have that reflective sort of surface. If it is like these they are very sturdy cups and hold 16 oz of liquid if filled to the very top. Maybe someone who actually has one can measure for us?

They are very sturdy and have a lenticular printing on them. They are all really cute! Here's a picture next to a standard pint glass. They fit 3 cups or 24 oz to the very, very top.
jcktkE.jpg

When it says medallion to they really mean a pin?

Awesome... thanks! Do you have to be a passholder for this? I thought I remembered last year it was for passholders (which I am)? But it doesn't say that on that blog. thanks!

I may be wrong but I honestly thought this gift card could be used anywhere you would use a disney gift card. I didn't think it was limited to festival use. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong!

It looks like it might be like a "pin" but maybe it is more of a "slider" instead of actually having a pin backing?

I can’t speak to this year, but purchased last year and was not a pin (if crafty, maybe could convert?)

It is not a pin. The lanyard kind of loops through it. I’ll try to take a picture of the back when I get home from this business trip on Friday.

The gift card can be used anywhere the regular Disney gift cards can be used. And you do not need to be a pass holder to purchase it.

It is not a pin. The lanyard kind of loops through it. I’ll try to take a picture of the back when I get home from this business trip on Friday.

The gift card can be used anywhere the regular Disney gift cards can be used. And you do not need to be a pass holder to purchase it.
Thank you!

I plan to maybe wait to pick up my magnet AND cutting board after my 4th visit......not too keen on waiting in long lines at the festival center although I *may* have to pick up a bottle of wine for hubby and i to enjoy. I will have to remember to bring our TSA approved corkscrew!
The good thing about a long line is the craft beer counter you walk right by. DH was our beer runner. I love me a good stout or porter while I wait.

Last edited:
AP cutting board question -

I read on another post that you need to register at the festival center on your first entry into epcot then enter three more times to receive the AP cutting board.

Is there truly a registration step? If so does anyone know if it can be done later in the evening? My first entry will be in the evening. Visit four would be Friday. Hoping to be able to get my board before the weekend as we have no plans to be in epcot on that weekend.

So hoping there are cutting boards left in mid October!!!

This is very disappointing to hear as I am not there until 10/6. I figure the second set of glasses will be sold out by then too. It is getting so bad that I bought my F&G pins in advance from a reputable Disney merchandise website in order to ensure that I was able to get them since I don't live in FL. I will probably do the same with F&W merchandise. It's sad that this is the only way to get merchandise if you aren't there on opening day.

We were there on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th day and we checked for the minnie and figment glasses each day and a total of 4 cast members told us that they ARE restocking them and to keep checking back. I really hope this is true as the glasses are what we wanted to purchase the most. Anyone have any updates on this or received the same information we did?

Kind of an odd question, I was thinking of bringing portable silverware with us to F & W. I really dislike all the silverware dispensors especially as I see people licking their fingers and then using the handles to dispense a fork. I have a stainless set in a carrying case but I'm thinking the standard size knife in the set is probably going to be stopped in the bag check. I also have a set that is plastic and about the size that Disney uses. Does anyone else bring anything from home??? What do the dis gurus think will fly without a hassle?

Kind of an odd question, I was thinking of bringing portable silverware with us to F & W. I really dislike all the silverware dispensors especially as I see people licking their fingers and then using the handles to dispense a fork. I have a stainless set in a carrying case but I'm thinking the standard size knife in the set is probably going to be stopped in the bag check. I also have a set that is plastic and about the size that Disney uses. Does anyone else bring anything from home??? What do the dis gurus think will fly without a hassle?

Safer choice would be the plastic set. The stainless might be OK since it's in a carry case but it would probably be scrutinized more at bag check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter