• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to do a cheese seminar, but I don’t drink, and that’s a *lot* of money for some cheese. Oh well :)

What is the Parisian Breakfast? DH and I are going October 23-30 for the first time and I'm not sure if I should be booking something special for F&W or not. We already have 2 MNSSHP booked and a MNSSHP dessert party (that we might cancel).
We did the Parisan breakfast last year and thought it was okay, nothing special. It was pretty much a buffet breakfast. Pastries, salami, cheese board, other items. Given the set time, it was a long line for them to check people in, then long lines to get food. The mimosas were flowing and we enjoyed quite a few. DFB’s mentions a welcome mimosa this year and then unlimited tea, coffee, juice. No mention of mimosas again so I wonder if they scaled that back.

We did the Trader Sam's event last year. It was fun, but we were the last people to check in because we were stuck on the monorail. That meant we were the last ones into the Grotto and ended up at the bar. Those bar stools are easily the most uncomfortable things on the face of the earth, which made it hard to concentrate on the event. It is also a LOT of alcohol. It was a "one and done" for us. it was also really, REALLY hard to book. I called on early booking day and it wasn't available. Then on the day booking opened for everyone the system was down. I called THIRTY times that morning. Finally around noon I was able to book Sam's for the date we wanted.

Where on the Disney site did you find it? I have been looking and could not find it ......

We did the Parisan breakfast last year and thought it was okay, nothing special. It was pretty much a buffet breakfast. Pastries, salami, cheese board, other items. Given the set time, it was a long line for them to check people in, then long lines to get food. The mimosas were flowing and we enjoyed quite a few. DFB’s mentions a welcome mimosa this year and then unlimited tea, coffee, juice. No mention of mimosas again so I wonder if they scaled that back.

They've had that description before and it still ended up being unlimited mimosas.

We'll probably get the information on Monday.
I sure hope so!

Our focus this year is going to be dining events. I can’t wait to see what they have for the weekday lunches and hope for some appealing signature dining events for dinner. I’m a pretty picky eater and would only have liked a handful of the ones they offered last year. Fingers crossed for what comes out!

I’m really, really hoping the French Family meal will be the Sunday I’m there. That one I would dump my California Grill brunch for. We enjoyed that one so much.

Am DVC & AP, can I book for my party of 7 (only two of us are DVC/AP) on June 12?? TIA

I have a 12pm ADR for Tails End brunch on my arrival day but I’m really interested in the Lobster & Champagne demo at 2:30, think I can make it??

Also what are the cancellation policies for these events? What if I book and can’t make it?

I have a 12pm ADR for Tails End brunch on my arrival day but I’m really interested in the Lobster & Champagne demo at 2:30, think I can make it??

Also what are the cancellation policies for these events? What if I book and can’t make it?

I’m interested in the same pairing event. I think it could be tight, depending on factors including whether they’re running on time, how leisurely an experience you want, and transportation. I think it’s a Saturday and the crowds at Epcot will be high. Maybe take an Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van to Beach Club & enter through the International Gateway in order to cut down on transportation time as well as bag check and entry.

You would be cutting it close to do Trail's End at 12PM and making it to EPCOT by 2:30PM if you are relying on Disney Transportation. If you have your own transportation, you could make it.

Non-refundable outside of very special circumstances where you can be pixie-dusted (i.e. death in family, major illness, etc...)

Well I don't drink alcohol so no mimosas for me. At this point, I'm not really seeing any special events that look good to me. Some are too expensive and others just don't interest me. We may just stick to the booths and pick out snacks ahead of time that we would like to try.

I'm going solo October 10-20. The only concerning aspect of this solo trip is sampling the Food & Wine offerings. With others, I've been able to share and sample multiple booths, going alone, I will get full after two or three. I do plan to attend a few times, but not everyday.

I've gone solo for the past 4 years. I just get something from the first booth I come to, eat how much I want of it and walk around until I'm ready for something else. I go to Epcot every day of my trip and most of my meals come from either the booths, culinary demos or food and wine pairing meals. It's always my goal every year to try at least one thing from every booth, I've never made it.

It looks like DFB accidentally left last year’s dates in for the Mediterranean pairing instead of the placeholder TBD they put in for the other events. The write-up says select Mondays and Wednesdays but the dates are Tuesday/Thursdays.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-special-events/
This is why I don't rely on them for the correct information. I know Disney gets stuff wrong themselves but when you are asking people to pay money for guide books you darn well better have the right information.

Personally I think you are pushing it. An hour for lunch, bus to the parking lot, transport to Epcot. It's easily 2 by then. Not much wiggle room.

Culinary demonstrations, beverage seminars, and special events

Beverage Seminars:
https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...-beverage-seminars/2018-Beverage-Seminars.pdf

Culinary Demonstrations:
https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...monstrations/2018-Culinary-Demonstrations.pdf

Cheese Seminairs:

September 15, 2018
Mediterranean Cheeses and Wines
Hosted by Max McCalman
Taste amazing wines and cheeses deeply rooted in ancient Mediterranean diets as well as culture.

September 22, 2018
French Cheeses and Wines
Hosted by Tonda Corrente
Savor a classic assiette de fromageaccompanied by a variety of elegant French wines famous around the world.

September 29, 2018
Italian Cheeses and Wines
Hosted by Max McCalman
Enjoy Italian vini and formaggi pairings that provide a delicious glimpse into the country’s noble yet rustic lifestyle.

October 6, 2018
The Great Cheeses and Wines of the United States
Hosted by David Gremmels
Summon your inner wine and cheese connoisseur with some of the finest selections produced in America

October 13, 2018
Great British Cheeses and Ales
Hosted by Max McCalman
Learn how traditional British cheeses and ales pair in perfect harmony, something loyal fans have known for decades

October 20, 2018
Old World Classic Cheeses and Wines
Hosted by Erin Hedley
Experience delightfully unique pairings of Europe’s most acclaimed wines and cheeses from various regions across the continent.

November 10, 2018
Season’s Best Cheeses and Wines
Hosted by Max McCalman
Sample top seasonal cheeses, both domestic and imported, for a pièce-de-résistance pairing that closes the Festival on a highly delectable note!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday Brunch with the Chef

September 2:
Richard Blais (Top Chef; owner of Trail Blais culinary company in California)

September 9: Jamie Deen (co-owner of The Lady and Sons restaurant in Savannah, Georgia)

September 16: Tiffani Thiessen (actress and author of Pull Up a Chair)

September 23:
Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto (Chef/owner of Morimoto Restaurants, including Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs)

October 7:
Buddy Valastro (Cake Boss; owner of Carlo’s Bake Shop in New Jersey)

October 14:
Art Smith (Top Chef; restaurateur behind Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ at Disney Springs )

October 21:
Geoffrey Zakarian (Iron Chef, Chopped and The Kitchen; restaurateur behind Point Royal at The Diplomat Beach Resort in Florida)

October 28:
Carla Hall (co-host of ABC’s The Chew)

November 11:
Alex Guarnaschelli (Iron Chef and Iron Chef Gauntlet; Executive Chef at Butter in New York City
....................................................................................................

Party for the Senses: https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...arty-for-senses/2018-Party-for-the-Senses.pdf

Food and Beverage Pairings: https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...erage-pairing/2018-Food-Beverage-Pairings.pdf

Mix it, Make It, Celebrate it: https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...brate-it/2018-Mix-It-Make-It-Celebrate-It.pdf

Whats the cost for Food and Beverage Pairings?

So I’ve got a couple questions! Let me know if they have been answered already:

I want to do an Eat to the Beat lunch package but the rest of my party doesn’t. Is there any way to eat together but only I would pay the extra for the seat at the concert?

I’ve heard from the Hanson website forums that they basically give no notice for their beer seminar. Anyone here confirm this?

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter